Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Further proof that C.J. is a class act.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Further proof that C.J. is a class act.

Feb 25, 2011, 6:01 PM

My son who is 9 goes to an after school program at Pendleton elementary called GoalPost. It's a program that CU puts on for a couple hours everyday after school. Anyway, C.J. came by there today and gave a little talk and signed autographs. My son who has met him 4 or 5 times before (mainly at Dyer's Diner in Pendleton) happened to be wearing a Clemson shirt and sweatshirt. Well, he got both of those signed and he spoke to C.J. a little one on one and C.J. remembered him. That made my son feels like a million bucks. I tell you, that man is a great ambassador for our school. He's actually one of the pro athletes I don't mind my kids looking up to. We should all be very grateful he chose to be a Clemson Tiger, not only once, but three times he chose us. Thanks C.J. ! You da man!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Further proof that C.J. is a class act.

Feb 25, 2011, 6:21 PM

If I hadn't thought CJ was a straight up top notch guy, I would have never put his #28 on my favorit toy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what a beauty that "sickle" is Mr All Orange". WOW***

Feb 25, 2011, 6:25 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And what a beauty that "sickle" is Mr All Orange". WOW***

Feb 25, 2011, 6:44 PM

Thank you very much, the finishing touches will be here on 3/14. Then I will get more pics!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen to that post......C.J. is a very fine young man.***

Feb 25, 2011, 6:41 PM

I think part of what makes him such a special person

Feb 25, 2011, 7:32 PM

is that he takes nothing for granted. We are definitely lucky he chose us.

TRUE DAT***

Feb 25, 2011, 10:08 PM

Are you talking about Spiller?

Feb 25, 2011, 10:16 PM

he epitomizes what a college athlete should be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Are you talking about Spiller?

Feb 25, 2011, 11:10 PM

Yes, the one and only CJ Spiller.

I remember last time he played at DV! entire place was

Feb 25, 2011, 11:20 PM

going C J SPILLER!! C J SPILLER!! gave me chills

He is really one of the most beloved Tigers players.

Re: I remember last time he played at DV! entire place was

Feb 26, 2011, 12:17 AM

I will never forget that day, that was my Dad;s first game in the Valley. Priceless memories.

Here's a clip my wife filmed...

Feb 26, 2011, 12:30 AM

Spiller at the 2:37 mark!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Solcool06#p/a/u/1/8nLA8wKuOa8

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a video clip of it

Feb 26, 2011, 12:33 AM [ in reply to I remember last time he played at DV! entire place was ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0W99-wBq0

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

My favorite Spiller video

Feb 26, 2011, 12:42 AM

and one of my favorite videos in sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF2mGodNrgA

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: My favorite Spiller video

Feb 26, 2011, 3:46 PM

CJ, you can't love Clemson to much, as we could never love you to much. I will say this about you, Clemson University and Tiger nation were very lucky to have a young man as your self to play at Clemson....

Chill bumps right here.

Feb 26, 2011, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Here's a video clip of it ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWglfnj2V-o&NR=1

Classy post.***

Feb 26, 2011, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Are you talking about Spiller? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 25, 2011, 11:28 PM

No one could have been more humble when they retired his jersey that day. It seemed like he did not want them dwelling on the big check he donated either. I was very glad when I read that we had hired Tony Elliot either. That was a super nice hard working kid and was a walkon. That is type people I hope we can continue to bring in.

I agree, CJ is quite a guy...

Feb 26, 2011, 1:21 AM

but there are lots of them that are athletes. What Tanner Smith is doing for kids in the hospital is pretty impressive. Kevin Brady is a Special Ed major (something I could NEVER do) and there's a kid that comes to practice a good bit that's a special needs kid and to see how Brady interacted with him was awesome. I'm very glad that Clemson recruits quality people that also happen to be quality athletes.

Re: I agree, CJ is quite a guy...

Feb 26, 2011, 2:31 AM

Yes, the coaching staffs for all sports have done a good job of going after high character guys. Guy's that you're glad to be Tigers.

Feb 26, 2011, 10:08 AM

Hey I echo your sentiment, I met CJ at the McFadden building, a friend introduced me to James Davis and JD introduced me to CJ. A little over a year later I was at the bowling ally when the team took a break and showed up there. CJ not only remembered me but introduced me to Jacoby Ford and Andre Ellington. I also met and hung out with Jamie Harper as well. All joined me with photos and autographs that day, and from then on if I am fortunate enough to see any of these guys they are the first to acknowledge me and usually give me an embrace. It is the reason that when you commit to Clemson whether you are an Athlete, Fan, or Coach you find very quick why we are called the CLEMSON FAMILY!!!! side note: I feel the same as your young son every time I am around the guys they are all special people and CJ is pure Class!!

As if we needed more***

Feb 26, 2011, 4:02 PM

As if we needed more***

Feb 26, 2011, 4:02 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic