Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interview with Swofford...official request
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 108
| visibility 1

Interview with Swofford...official request

Mar 22, 2012, 11:28 AM

I know that many Clemson fans have been anxious for someone....really anyone...in the media to interview ACC Commissioner John Swofford. There are many topics that need to be asked...from the TV contracts to scheduling to his handing of the UNC violations. TigerNet has been asking for an interview with the commissioner since January. Again this morning, we officially asked for an interview, whether it was on the phone or in-person. I certainly don't mind driving up there.

We got this response...

"Commissioner is currently out of the office visiting his new granddaughter and will then be at some meetings early next week.

Would it be possible for you to send the questions so he can provide the answers via email.

Please also let me know the timeline on when you need them returned."

We tried this once before with the scheduling questions and never got a response, but we have decided to try it their way one more time. I will email a list of questions over later today. Please submit your questions under this thread, and we will submit as many as we can.

Thanks,

David, Crump and BMeist

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like a ropadope.***

Mar 22, 2012, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed....Under NO circumstances would I yield to the

Mar 22, 2012, 5:48 PM

idea of e-mailing them any questions. Demand the one-on-one interview, and let them know that if it is not forthcoming pronto, then a major article will appear citing their refusal with copies released to the general media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed....Under NO circumstances would I yield to the

Mar 22, 2012, 10:50 PM

I AGREE!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was the decision made for a 9 game schedule in football

and is it true that Columbia blue is your favorite color?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait!

...let me grab my popcorn!

Question #1. Will UNC recieve any extra penalties from the ACC due to this standard previously being set by yourself years ago?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^What he said.***

Mar 22, 2012, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Definitely - he must be asked about the extra year!***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Wait! ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a

Mar 22, 2012, 11:41 AM

BOZO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remarkably similar

Mar 22, 2012, 12:34 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:41 AM

to get an interview from you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:46 AM

I have to be honest..this has been more than a little frustrating. I am about ready to pack a bag and just go sit in the ACC office until he says he will see me. I am going to put a hard deadline on the email, and if that deadline isn't met we might need to just get a caravan and go up there.

THANK YOU! Yes do it. If he is a leader then he needs to

Mar 22, 2012, 11:47 AM

lead not go hide.

Can I be a groupie?

Mar 22, 2012, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists... ]

I'll bring the pitchforks.

you are doing a fine job...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists... ]

I want to encourage you as I have seen a lot of growth the last couple of years. Keep up the good work.

Agreed!

Mar 22, 2012, 11:51 AM

Keep up the fantastic work!

Re: Agreed!

Mar 22, 2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks guys!!! We are trying everything we can to make TigerNet a better place.

Re: Agreed!

Mar 22, 2012, 1:09 PM

#1 way to make T-Net a better place would be. #1 Get rid of 99.9999999999999% of the coots. #2 Get rid of 99.999999999999999% of the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd bump that up just a smidge to a cool 100%...

Mar 22, 2012, 1:49 PM

... but since everyone knows that 0.9 repeating equals one, it's just for show :)

Also, awesome work from David Hood. Much appreciated! Go get that hole!

GO TIGERS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists... ]

I will help pay for your trip, just tell me where to send the check.

I'm in.***

Mar 23, 2012, 11:11 AM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Fire up the tractors boys - it's an off season

Mar 22, 2012, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists... ]

Geeeee Hawwwwd!!!

Mar 22, 2012, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: #2 Why is it so hard for Clemson journalists... ]

Nice! Maybe I might start giving to this site again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3 Do you think we will receive more honest answers...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:42 AM

from a live interview or from a prepared email interview where you've had the time to weasel around the answers?

My #3 is more important.

Mar 22, 2012, 11:43 AM

^^^^#4.

My #3 is most important...

Mar 22, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to #3 Do you think we will receive more honest answers... ]

"What are you wearing right now John? err...i'm just asking for a friend".

I'll hang up and listen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3. When will the ACC grow a pair...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:42 AM

and put tournaments back in Greenville or Myrtle Beach?

or more importantly. How is it a home field adv in Gville

Mar 22, 2012, 11:44 AM

and not one in Durham?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#5 Knowing that UNC will not receive any extra probabtion...

Mar 22, 2012, 11:45 AM

from the ACC, will you please refresh us on the reasoning behind Clemson's extra probation in the 80's?

Re: #5 I really like the way you phrased that.***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:05 PM

Easy...Our violations weakened the integrity of the ACC. All

Mar 22, 2012, 4:04 PM [ in reply to #5 Knowing that UNC will not receive any extra probabtion... ]

UNC did was employ an agent and have a tutor write papers/turn in work for a couple dozen players...Minor infractions compared to the free hats and t-shirts we admittedly gave away...

Questions:

1. Many of my Clemson brethren think you led the group of ACC ADs in 1982 that imposed another year of probation on Clemson. In your own words, what is the truth?

2. Many Clemson fans think you actually put pressure on offiicials to cheat for UNC/Duke in basketball? How would you respond to this?

3. Why did the ACC pick Syracuse/Pitt over WVU in the latest expansion?

4. Many Clemson fans feel by including Raycom in the ESPN package, that the ACC accepted less money because of this. As an aside, isn't your son working for Raycom a conflict of interest for you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he brings a fan!

Mar 22, 2012, 11:50 AM

Those are some good ones!

Re: Questions:

Mar 22, 2012, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Questions: ]

Great Questions

Mar 22, 2012, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Questions: ]

I think Question #3 is the pillar in the interview. When he states that they were frowned upon due to poor academics, it can be the perfect transition to the eternal stain UNC has put on the integrity of the conference as a whole. And now, where are the added commissioner-originated punishments?

Mar 22, 2012, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Questions: ]

for the heat you have took with your stance on swoffie, those questions are spot on for the "smoking gun" evidence. one way or the other it will answer our questions ,if he does.

#5. What can the ACC do, other than get a new leader,

to build an athletic repuation such as the SEC? We have the academics but you don't oversee that.

I have several questions.

Mar 22, 2012, 11:52 AM

1) Is the apparent lack of control at UNC linked to their feeling of invincibility as the ACC Commissioner is a former AD?
2) Does the commissioner feel that his actions against Clemson years ago were harsh in light of the current UNC issues which dwarf any of Clemson's violations?
3) How involved was/is ESPN in the conference expansions taking place right now?
4) How will nine conference games benefit the ACC? Why is this change necessary considering the SEC has gone to 14 teams and will maintain an eight conference game schedule?
5) Give ACC officiating in Basketball a grade on a 1-10 scale.
6) Why is Ron Cherry employed?
7) List the best ACC commissioners from the past. What was it that made them great?
8) What condition do you feel the conference is in compared to when you took over as commissioner?

Re: Interview with Swofford...official request

Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 AM

Quoting directly from your website at 'theacc.com':

"Swofford has built his career on the appropriate balance of academics, athletic achievement and integrity and is regarded as one of the top administrators in the NCAA. "

How do you feel about the recent sanctions given to UNC and to be given to Maimi? Do you feel that one school's academic fraud violation taints the entirety of the conference?

Clemson

^^^That was a question^^

Mar 22, 2012, 11:58 AM

Sorry, should have specified in the subject

Clemson

Are you concerned that the conference seems to be...

underperforming in the Big 3 sports? Football hasn't shown much in the BCS. Baseball and basketball seem to be in decline the last few years.

If you are concerned, what do you think is the problem? If you are not concerned, please point to the reason for your optimism.

good question

Mar 22, 2012, 12:47 PM

seriously

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being that the ACC has the third highest football viewership and second highest basketball viewership why do we have one of the worst tv deals monetarily?

Mar 22, 2012, 11:58 AM

Also...once I get the list of questions together and formulate an email, I will post on the board so everybody can see what we sent. It's a group effort

Here is my question (long):

Mar 22, 2012, 11:59 AM

In 1982, the NCAA imposed two years of recruiting sanctions on Clemson University, as well as a two-year bowl ban and two-year television ban.

Afterwhich, in a behind-closed-door meeting purportedly called by you (John Swofford), and including every athletic director in the conference (except Clemson’s), you stated essntially that the ACC was a hallowed collection of academic institutions that shouldn’t be sullied by the rule-breaking of one member institution interested only in winning. Therefore, you continued, all should agree that the punishment imposed by the NCAA was simply not severe enough and, therefore, the ACC should add another year of sanctions.

You (John Swofford) and your counterpart from Duke (Tom Butters) led this initiative and were ultimately able to garner enough support from the rest of the conference (specifically NC State (Willis Casey) and Virginia (Richard “####” Schultz) to apply the extra year of probation. Only Wake Forest (Dr. Eugene “Gene” Hooks) and Maryland (Richard “####” Dull) were opposed to further punishing one of their fellow ACC members and the representatives from both schools walked out of the meeting when you (Swofford) suggested the vote be taken anonymously.

Which brings us to 2011 and 2012. Given what has transpired over the past year at North Carolina (academic fraud, agents, trips, jewelry, cash, etc.), which far surpasses anything Clemson was guilty of doing, is the integrity of the entire league threatened by UNC, as it allegedly was by Clemson in 1982 and will you (John Swofford) be consistent and recommend another year of probation for UNC on top of what the NCAA imposed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

excellent long question, good detail... point***

Mar 22, 2012, 12:09 PM

Re: Here is my question (long):

Mar 22, 2012, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Here is my question (long): ]

Excellent

He has no integrity and will not answer this question.***

Mar 22, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Here is my question (long): ]

As far as I 'm concerned.....

Mar 22, 2012, 1:21 PM

his refusal to answer would constitute an acknowledgment of two things;

1 - The behind-closed door meeting initiated by John Swoffoed did, in fact, take place, and

2 - He will not recommend an additional year of sanctions for UNC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

PERFECT!***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Here is my question (long): ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2012, 12:01 PM

Give him an reasonable deadline and say after that deadline is passed, your soon to be published article will state that John Swofford refused comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2012, 12:01 PM

Is the establishment of an "ACC Newwork", similar to what the Big 10 has established, feasible? If not, why not?

Mar 22, 2012, 12:03 PM

> Is the establishment of an "ACC Newwork", similar to
> what the Big 10 has established, feasible? If not,
> why not?

that's "Network", not "Newwork". LOL

Go Get EM

Mar 22, 2012, 12:07 PM

Nice, hope he does not hide forever

Mar 22, 2012, 12:28 PM

Is his new granddaughter in St. Louis area, David?
That is where I would expect to find John Swofford this PM; UNC basketball plays there about 7:45.
That said, "the submit your questions in writing so we can respond by email" is a cop-out. Expect no genuine personal responses from JS to that submission. In fact the answers will likely be concocted up by the ACC staff or legal consultants.
Don't you understand that JS does NOT LIKE Clemson and the feeling is mutual from the fans' standpoint?

Why do UNC Hoops players drive new cars?***

Mar 22, 2012, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do UNC Hoops players drive new cars?***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:32 PM

And ask him to explain how Hansblower mom got her job!!!!

Any sort of major delays or out-and-out refusals

Mar 22, 2012, 12:32 PM

for interviews IN PERSON with John Swofford NEED to be relayed to television/internet media---national and local.

Turn up the heat. Tell his office that email interviews are not acceptable. Tell them you're not looking for another press release.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT vs UNC ... crime vs punishment ...

Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 PM

does being cooperative really mean THAT much? Did UNC cooperate just so that the football investigation wouldn't spill over into basketball?

If UNC has such high academic standards ...

Mar 22, 2012, 12:37 PM

how do so many JUCO's get in?

Re: If UNC has such high academic standards ...

Mar 22, 2012, 12:41 PM

are the professors coked out or is it the students too.

Do you really want 80,000 clemson fans

Mar 22, 2012, 12:40 PM

driving up to Greensboro and parking in your yard?

could ask if granddaughter gets a cut of the tv contract too

Mar 22, 2012, 12:49 PM

or is that just reserved for his children? :)

David, Great job chasing the scoop. Here are my questions

Mar 22, 2012, 12:51 PM

1. Why should the ACC share bowl revenue with UNC for the 2012 season in light of the damage that they have done to the integrity of the conference?

2. How can the ACC improve the amount of time it takes to post the official conference football schedule?

3. What is the ACC doing to improve bowl tie-ins? Is there any possibility in getting the Gator Bowl back?

4. When does the ACC plan to renegotiate the broadcast rights with ESPN now that the conference has expanded?

5. Does the ACC plan to move the conference championship to Madison Square Garden?

6. Do you regret your decision as an athletic director at UNC to lobby for an additional year of probation for Clemson University?

63-17

Re: David, Great job chasing the scoop. Here are my questions

Mar 22, 2012, 1:26 PM

#1 is an excellent question. The answer should be yes set by the precedence of Clemson's prior punishment.

#2 we all know the story here was due to WVU bailing on FSU, leaving them scrambling to find another matchup.

I have a gift for his granddaughter......

Mar 22, 2012, 12:52 PM

when asking about the TV deal in relation to the other

Mar 22, 2012, 1:02 PM

conferences- please ask specifically how there could be such a disparity in $ and rumors of only a 2mil increase per school in the ACC while the Big 12 is jumping to $20 mil+ in line with the Pac 12-- please frame with the below data presented:

Here are the average TV viewers per game broken down by the six BCS conferences according to Nielsen:

Football

1) SEC - 4,447,000
2) Big Ten - 3,267,000
3) ACC - 2,650,000
4) Big 12 - 2,347,000
5) Pac 12 - 2,108,000
6) Big East - 1,884,000

Basketball

1) Big Ten - 1,496,000
2) ACC - 1,247,000
3) SEC - 1,222,000
4) Big 12 - 1,069,000
5) Big East - 1,049,000
6) Pac 12 - 783,000

How do you respond to claims of bias when:

Mar 22, 2012, 1:03 PM

1. The ACC has a commissioner that is completely connected with UNC

2. Said commissioner's son worked for BC when they were invited to the conference

3. Said commissioner's said son worked for Raycom when they were awarded with the television contract

If you don't think this is a problem, then how do you account for the growing concern from the ACC's member schools?

Are you content with the ACC's crappy bowls?

Finally, Mr. Commissioner, why are you such an a$s clown?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What is your response to the fan-initiated petition to have

Mar 22, 2012, 1:29 PM

What is your response to the fan-initiated petition to have you relieved of duties?

Why, in your opinion, does a conflict of interest not exist between you and constituent members of the conference, considering your allegiance to UNC? Your integrity has been questioned many times in the past, so you'll need something other than that.

Mar 22, 2012, 1:31 PM

Question: Is it not true that Clemson was excluded from certain conference revenue sharing opportunities during probation in the mid-80's, and, if so, why is UNC not being excluded during their probation period?

Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM

Your last statement should be. Swofford, most all in the ACC believe that you are the stupidest M/F S O B that has ever been put in charge of anything.

We can ask whatever we want but he's....

Mar 22, 2012, 2:06 PM

...but he's only going to respond to the softball questions. So I say, be BOLD and don't send him any softballs. Submit some tough questions and see what we get.

Agree - two real questions are better than 10***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:07 PM

Softball questions do us no good, we don't even have

Mar 22, 2012, 2:14 PM [ in reply to We can ask whatever we want but he's.... ]

a softball team.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Just two questions from me:***

Mar 22, 2012, 2:41 PM

Just two questions from me:

Mar 22, 2012, 2:45 PM

1. If you are unbiased, do you allow the other eleven schools to hold a meeting without your consent(who cares)and allow Duke and UNC to walk out before additional sanctions are approved?

2. If, on the other hand, you are biased, when in the next 30 days is the official date of your resignation?

A question for the board....

Mar 22, 2012, 3:02 PM

Does the Commisar's office have an airplane to shuttle the commisar around in? If so, what's the FAA registration # and does flighttracker work on it????

Just asking....

Ask if he accompanied other ACC schools to their meetings

Mar 22, 2012, 3:03 PM

with the NCAA or if he only accompanied UNC.

Re: Ask if he accompanied other ACC schools to their meetings

Mar 22, 2012, 9:01 PM

this is also one that i would like him to answer. did he offer to attend GT's hearing? will he offer to attend UM's hearing?

Re: sounds like a ropadope.******

Mar 22, 2012, 3:40 PM

Issues with this

Mar 22, 2012, 3:43 PM

Answers should be spontaneous and the only way for that to happen is a live interview in person or phone. Email gives him a chance to think about his answers. It will be a corporate response.

I agree with you 100%. Get him live and in person.***

Mar 22, 2012, 6:47 PM

Will you compensate Clemson for having to drop UGAg??***

Mar 22, 2012, 3:46 PM

Ugh. What a coward. These answers are going to be lacking

Mar 22, 2012, 3:59 PM

and you won't have the capacity to push for better answers. If you try, you'll get a canned "Mr. Swofford has already provided his answers and is busy doing blah blah blah." He really has zero respect for Clemson and very little interest in hiding it. This guy just has to go.

null

Mar 22, 2012, 4:08 PM

Why are you a bad of a commissioner as your brother a singer? Does fail run in your family?

"can you fire ron cherry?"***

Mar 22, 2012, 4:11 PM

Ask him to please open the package on the doorstep !!!********

Mar 22, 2012, 4:13 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2012, 4:41 PM

My Question for Swofford: You have a thoroughly established perception at Clemson of being positively biased in your dealings with UNC, and negatively biased in your dealings with Clemson. Your handling of Clemson's 1980's probation, and the sharp contrast with which you've handled the 2012 UNC probation have acted to further solidify this perception. If you are to continue to be the ACC comissioner, that position carries with it a requirement that you be balanced, equitable and fair in your dealings with all schools that you represent. As this is not the perception at Clemson, what steps do you plan to take to address this? Do you plan to a) increase UNC's probation or b) apologize to Clemson?

Thanks for your efforts. It's tough when facing obvious

Mar 22, 2012, 5:38 PM

"stonewalling." Perhaps, I've missed it, but why not a strongly-worded article relating the apparent constant difficulties obtaining a one-on-one interview? I would presume the job of the commissioner is public in nature, and, if so, then there is no excuse for the stonewalling. Nor does the requirement for submitted questions pass mustard. Then, once you've written your article, mail it to every major media outlet throughout the southeast. Someone will pick up on it, I can assure you, for journalists tend to rise to each other's defense.

I just never have bought into that type of hedging and think he should be hammered daily, if necessary, by phone and in print.

If you go, I'll bump my ® up from purple to orange!!!***

Mar 22, 2012, 6:02 PM

Maybe, in true "Swofford fashion", the beat writers.....

Mar 22, 2012, 6:08 PM

for all the other ACC schools should get together and demand a face to face, and if that is not granted then they should all have the same "expose'" article prepared to run in every media outlet possible.

Re: Maybe, in true "Swofford fashion", the beat writers.....

Mar 22, 2012, 9:22 PM

Of all of the BCS automatic qualifier conferences, only the ACC and the Big East have commissioners that graduated from a school that is a member of the conference over which they preside. Do you understand how many view your attendance and long term employment by UNC as something that could color your decisions regarding matters that affect other conference members? Did you consider that your attendance of UNC's recent NCAA investigative hearing only adds to this perception?

ACC basketball and football officiating is considered by many to be substandard. Recent actions by ACC officials in demonstrating their support of a disciplined co-worker would appear to border on insubordination, and at the very least only serve to further the negative perception that the officials seem to want the attention on themselves rather than the game. Recent reports also have one league official addressing the head coach of one member school using profanity. In light of the growing criticism would you be opposed to having a central pool of officials paid and managed by the NCAA and not assigned to or affiliated with any particular conferences?

Do you ever plan on helping other ACC schools?***

Mar 22, 2012, 6:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, I would hold off and get a personal interview.I would

Mar 22, 2012, 6:45 PM

want the ability to follow up his answer with an additional question. If you email him a list of questions, he is going to cherry pick the easiest ones and disregard the tough ones. Then, he can always say he answered your request.

Exactly....He has to have the ability to follow-up!***

Mar 22, 2012, 7:08 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. You deserve and should demand

Mar 22, 2012, 11:38 PM [ in reply to David, I would hold off and get a personal interview.I would ]

the opportunity to sit in a room with this guy. You know why he is asking for the questions in writing and it is an insult.

null

on what grounds can an conf. commish be relieved?

Mar 22, 2012, 6:58 PM

because i am pretty sure he has crossed the line numerous times.

Swofford Blows

Mar 22, 2012, 8:23 PM

I bet this a-hole can't believe the wrath of this little country school over something the slime Swofford pulled 30 years ago. That's right a-hole we don't forget.

Question: "Mr. Swofford, is it difficult to perform your job when you know the vast majority of the public does not approve of you holding the position of league commish?"

Either face to face unedited or don't waste time.***

Mar 22, 2012, 8:54 PM

God I love Tigernet...***

Mar 22, 2012, 8:56 PM

Succession Question - search for consistency.....

Mar 22, 2012, 9:24 PM

Upon the occurrence of your retirement, would you be comfortable if your successor was either a current or former Athletic Director at one of the following member institutions: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Maryland, or Boston College? Why or Why not?

Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 PM

meant to reply under the main thread. here goes again:

Of all of the BCS automatic qualifier conferences, only the ACC and the Big East have commissioners that graduated from a school that is a member of the conference over which they preside. Do you understand how many view your attendance and long term employment by UNC as something that could color your decisions regarding matters that affect other conference members? Did you consider that your attendance of UNC's recent NCAA investigative hearing only adds to this perception?

ACC basketball and football officiating is considered by many to be substandard. Recent actions by ACC officials in demonstrating their support of a disciplined co-worker would appear to border on insubordination and serve to further the negative perception that the officials seem to want the attention on themselves rather than the game. Recent reports also have one league official addressing the head coach of one member school using profanity during a game. In light of the growing criticism would you be opposed to having a central pool of officials paid and managed by the NCAA and not assigned to or affiliated with any particular conferences?

Deer Mr. Swofford

Mar 22, 2012, 9:34 PM

why don't you eat #### and die?

LOL....succinctly put!***

Mar 22, 2012, 9:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2012, 9:46 PM

Why did you attend UNC's hearing, but not GT or Miami's?

The ACC is supposed to be the best basketball league. Since there are more games, why not combine this contract with football to make us more competitive with the other conferences on ESPN?

Why do other conferences have their conference schedules set for years in advance and ours is up in the air every February?

And of course, why are you dodging the issue of penalizing Clemson in the 80's and not penalizing UNC now? I'm not questioning why you did it, but why won't you man up and take the questions in person?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am posting this here for others to read

Mar 22, 2012, 10:59 PM

Print just what you told us.

As someone said in another post, send it to all major news outlets. Embarrass them, they obviously are afraid to have a face to face. When you send the story out make it a searing commentary about how he is avoiding questions about: His involvement in extra penalties levied against Clemson and his personal involvement helping UNC with the NCAA. Why doesn't he personally accompany other schools to NCAA infractions meetings? Skewer the ACC Commisioners office about their obvious conflicts of interest and their ambivalence towards fairness. Roast the ACC commissioners office and in a VERY public way. Send the story to every news outlet you can think of and send it every week. Someone will eventually pick up the story or give an interview. Any other media outlet just makes up a story until someone goes on the record to debunk. In this case, you don't have to fabricate a story, just use the #### facts. Quite frankly the facts are a little outrageous.

Have some BRASS David....call the weasels out on the carpet. What do you really have to lose? Would this do damage to your relations with CU AD? If not, screw everyone else.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

PS

If you do get an interview and don't ask about the extra penalties he lobbied for, and got......you'll be called a lot of ugly things by a lot of people.....

Not that we will like you any less

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

My suggested question: "If the NAACP approached you

Mar 22, 2012, 11:24 PM

about boycotting the state of North Carolina, would you support it as you did the ban on the state of South Carolina, and would the support from your office be as immediate?"

null

I would probably precede that with "Do you think it's

Mar 22, 2012, 11:35 PM

appropriate for an organization that is designed to support its member institution to support a boycott on a state in which just one of its member institution resides? How do you consider this fair to that member institution and its fans? Since it is the citizens of South Carolina who are hurt by this boycott you support, and the state of South Carolina has the highest percentage of black citizens of any state of any member institution of your conference, what do you say to black citizens who are hurt by your boycott? How was the decision to support the boycott reached? Was there a vote by representatives of the member institutions (presidents, AD or other?) or what is your decision? What other political causes do you think the ACC should be used to bully states in support of? Do you think it's odd that your decision to use the ACC to support member institutions versus serve some "higher purpose" depends on the member institution? For example, Clemson's probation in the 80's and South Carolina's flying of a confederate flag are causes for ACC grandstanding but UNC's unprecedented corruption is cause to fly to their hearing in support and otherwise stay silent."

I would trust you to wordsmith these to diminish my blatant distain for this man.

null

Good memory. I forgot about that one.***

Mar 23, 2012, 10:47 AM [ in reply to My suggested question: "If the NAACP approached you ]

63-17

Replies: 108
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic