Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this is probably going to get voted down,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I know this is probably going to get voted down,

Oct 26, 2004, 2:53 PM

but I must say what I must say.

My Grandfather hates to hear people complain about how "bad" living in America is. So when he hears this, he flat out tells them if they don't like living in the greatest country in the world then get the hell out.

So to all you naysayers and doomsday foretellers that masquerade as Clemson fans, if you don't want to be positive about Clemson go root for the Coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is that if you aren't little mary sunshine your not...

Oct 26, 2004, 2:57 PM

a real fan.
That soinds awfully, and you'll excuse the use of the term, COOT-ish.
That's why I stay away from FGF, they try to run all the folks that don't blow sunshine.

I understand you don't like pointless critisisim or complaints for the sake of complaining. But what is wrong with discussing the very real problems the Clemson football team is facing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

Not saying you have to be sunshine..

Oct 26, 2004, 3:00 PM

heck I ain't sunshine. But we freaking won this week. It wasn't pretty but it was a Win. And it was against a legit team and a coach we have never beaten.

Some people just refuse to see anything positive.

I think there are some folks on here that you could give a million dollars to, and they would complain about having to pay the taxes.

Well I'd complain about the taxes but not for long......

Oct 26, 2004, 3:03 PM

your point is well taken and I don't disagree. The world is full of pessimist.
I guess I wanted to make sure that you weren't lookin' for every one to be "rah rah rah" all the time.
I defenitly agree that you guys should back your team through thick and thin, I agree and even posted yesterday that a win is a win is a win.
But there are still things to discuss. I don't want to see bitching just for the sake of bitching either.

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

Thanks...

Oct 26, 2004, 3:04 PM

If you weren't a Coot I might give ya a point for that. ;)

Our nation was founded on changing things that don't work.

Oct 26, 2004, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Well I'd complain about the taxes but not for long...... ]

That is why this is the best country in the world. We are a nation this is always in motion. We are free to express our views and sometimes our views lead to change. To shut up and smile when things are obviously not right is not an American Ideal.

Do you really think your complaining is going to have

Oct 26, 2004, 3:14 PM

a positive effect on the coaching staff or players? Actually let me re-phrase that...do you think your complaining will have ANY effect on the coaching staff or players?

I don't

Oct 26, 2004, 3:19 PM

But to say love it or leave it isn't the answer either. I love the United States, but I don't always agree with what happens here. Our country was based on the right to criticize. If people agreed with everyone else there would be no need for this website. We would all just say "In Tommy we Trust" and not much more. Do you feel like that is the right way to go?

The way most of choose to go......

Oct 26, 2004, 3:56 PM

is to stand behind TB and the team, and enjoy ourselves. That's all we can do. Pay iptay dues, crump dues, and enjoy the season. Most of us realize that there isn't much to be accomplished by posting something like "TB is an offensive genius, doesn't look like it."

A little criticism never hurts anyone, and please, feel free to continue. Just realize that there is a difference between sporadic criticism and everlasting criticism (your kind). Every post you make has some kind of smart a$$, negative tone to it. "Why don't we have a good offense, why dont we have nfl players on the sideline, etc." and the majority of the makeup of this board doesn't appreciate it.

Did I mention if you do get $1,000,000 you can....

Oct 26, 2004, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Not saying you have to be sunshine.. ]

hire the team of tgrdiver and rogue #### to help protect it!!!!!!

- catahoula

they'd rather complain and whine

Oct 26, 2004, 2:59 PM

as if the players are going to read it and say "hey, this genius is onto something!"

I am sure they mostly laugh it off...in fact I know they do.

But some people just love to complain...

Hmmmm, love to complain........***********

- catahoula

Wow. Thanks for your permission.......

Sorry sarcasism just over came me.
Actually I think I'm much more positive in regards to CU then a lot of the other posters are. Even called the win over Md.....

Re: I know this is probably going to get voted down,

Oct 26, 2004, 3:09 PM

Oh I am sorry. I must be in the wrong country. I thought this was a country where you are free to express your opinion. My bad
I noticed when you do critique Tommy B, your post gets deleted. Must be a Chinese type forum

Oct 26, 2004, 3:10 PM

can you tell me what possible good can ever come of posting negative junk about the team you claim to love and support?

be part of the solution, not the problem.

Oct 26, 2004, 3:13 PM

Well I love America and am Patriotic but I am still going to bash and vote out that King W for getting us into the iraqi debacle
And if Tommy B leads us into a ditch too, I am going to let him know about it

All is well, All is well, All is well, All is well***

Oct 26, 2004, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I know this is probably going to get voted down, ]

Oct 26, 2004, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I know this is probably going to get voted down, ]

you are free...you are free to leave if you don't like the forum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2004, 3:27 PM

And you are free to k m a HAHAHA

What a brilliant thing to say, bet it took a lot of thought.***

Oct 26, 2004, 3:31 PM

Re: What a brilliant thing to say, bet it took a lot of thought.***

Oct 26, 2004, 3:33 PM

Thanks! :) and you can K M A too

Sorry I don't swing that way.***

Oct 26, 2004, 3:33 PM

Yeah because if we all stay positive and ignore the problems

Oct 26, 2004, 3:34 PM

then they will all go away. If we're all good little fans and just stay positive then things will magically get better. If you're a fan you have a right to get upset if the team plays poorly. THat's what being a fan means. Getting upset when your team isn't playing great doesn't mean that you don't support the team. Quite the contrary. It means that you want one thing from your team, success. To me, a coach that get's paid among some of the most successful coaches in the NCAA, should produce those kind of results. Not the results he has provided this year after finishing in the Top 25 last year and ranked 15th coming into this year.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

What makes you think we want your naysayers?*******

Oct 26, 2004, 4:13 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive