Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 163
| visibility 6,901

Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free!

Nov 2, 2023, 8:46 AM

This entire week has been a real eye-opener, and as a third-gen alum, lifelong fan, and University donor since I got my first job after graduation, I can honestly say I'm not sure I recognize our fanbase anymore.

Simply because a 29 year old life-long Clemson fan and honorably discharged Marine committed the sin of being mildly rude while asking Dabo as many fair questions as not (yes a couple were over the top, his tone was poor, and no, he did not question his faith or my opinion would change greatly), and despite the guy admitting some fault and expressing contrition the next day while the supposed older, wiser, and more professional coach doubled down by calling him an idiot, I've now seen the following on here:

-People wanting him doxxed, canceled, and flat out fired from whatever job he may be working. Like life-changing, end-his-source-of-income, make him change his name and have to move levels of hatred for this guy.
-Continual nasty comments about the guy on a wildly disproportionate level to what he did. I don't remember people talking about Trooper Del like they have Tyler
-People criticizing his childishness while insisting Dabo's unprofessional and embarrassing rant was the height of awesome.
-And the cherry on top, a t-shirt saying "Don't be a Tyler, be a Tiger" as if having any doubts or criticisms about Dabo is a disqualifier for being a Clemson fan. We're veering into Kim Jung-Il territory now folks.

Lemme be honest here, I don't care that much about Tyler or if he's upset or happy today, I really don't. It's not about him. What it is about is a large swath of you having taken Dabo, a great football coach who is employed by the University in what has been a mutually beneficial contractual arrangement, and transforming him into an institution who is bigger than Clemson football, and bigger than Clemson University. It's downright unhealthy and flat-out weird, and here's a few truths that should be recognized, and that I can't believe I have to say.

-It's embarrassing to want the personal demise of a person you would be standing up and clapping for on Military Appreciation Day, simply because he criticized Dabo.
-Clemson made Dabo. Dabo didn't make Clemson
-Clemson University was here for 120 years before Dabo got here, and it'll be here 120 years after he leaves.
-Our football program does not determine the quality of Clemson University.
-Dabo can and does make mistakes, and can and does have flaws as a man and a coach.
-Noting those mistakes and flaws, does not mean one hates Dabo. Disliking those mistakes and flaws does not mean one hates Clemson.
-We can debate Dabo's performance respectfully, with both parties retaining their status as a Clemson fan. Denying any faults or flaws in the program is not a stake in the ground for super-fan status.

Hope this proves helpful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free!

Nov 2, 2023, 8:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Tell 'em shill

Nov 2, 2023, 9:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2023, 8:55 AM

Great post

GO TIGERS!!!

I ain't reading all that ####

Nov 2, 2023, 8:55 AM

Nice waste of your time.

Its a lot of words to sound out phonetically. I get it.***

Nov 2, 2023, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you hard of reading

Nov 2, 2023, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I ain't reading all that #### ]

or hard of comprehending ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I ain't reading all that ####

Nov 2, 2023, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I ain't reading all that #### ]

>MUH DABO cultist has difficulty reading

On brand

Re: I ain't reading all that ####

Nov 2, 2023, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I ain't reading all that #### ]

This is not the flex you think it is...

As a Dabo supporter I will say

Nov 2, 2023, 8:59 AM

Excellent post

Re: As a Dabo supporter I will say

Nov 2, 2023, 3:47 PM

Hmmm, I thought we all were Dabo supporters.

Re: As a Dabo supporter I will say

Nov 3, 2023, 8:07 AM

We all should be.

The shirt was just way across the line...

Nov 2, 2023, 8:59 AM

and IMHO Dabo should address it and say something to the effect of 'I don't like that, they should stop selling it and fans shouldn't buy it.'

Of course Dabo won't say anything about it.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:11 AM

Dabo is soaking this up. He loves the attention.

Plus, it allows him to further divide "them" from "us."

A move right out of the cult leader playbook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Of course Dabo won't say anything about it.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:24 AM

Maybe DavidHood® could ask him about it at the next press availability. Don't they usually have a post practice Q&A on Thursdays?

Nov 2, 2023, 10:21 AM

Lol I think people are scared to ask him any tough questions at this point

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just it...

Nov 2, 2023, 10:28 AM

this wouldn't be a tough question as it's about a third party.
And tees Dabo up to be the good guy.
'Look, we both got heated but that's the end of it. Let's knock this off, we don't need to be calling specific fans out by name etc etc...' and he looks like the bigger guy.
It should be a layup.

I wonder why that is....***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course Dabo won't say anything about it. ]

drunk at the putt putt.

Exactly . . . that's what he wants

Nov 2, 2023, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Of course Dabo won't say anything about it. ]

It went on last year too, when he snapped and got exasperated at everyone who asked about the QB situation. He SAYS criticism is "fair," but when he hears some he acts like it's all.equivalent to bashing. Mark my words, IF he receives any criticism from here on out this year -and he may not because like you said, people might be afraid to - but if he does, he'll go back to the whole "Tyler" bit - he'll treat them like malcontents who hate his conviction and have no business questioning him. This whole Tyler ring will make him feel more justified and confident in writing off critics.

LOL

Nov 2, 2023, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Of course Dabo won't say anything about it. ]

smh.

Nov 2, 2023, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Of course Dabo won't say anything about it. ]

sucks to see dabo get all the attention doesn't it Brad? Don't worry though, when you make the NCAAT this year and promptly get sent home by a mid major, we'll have a new one year contract waiting on you. That way you can continue to pretend to be a D1 basketball coach......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If mine comes in and it says "MADE IN CHINA",

Nov 2, 2023, 12:13 PM [ in reply to The shirt was just way across the line... ]

I'm sending that commie bullshit back and demanding a full refund.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:01 AM

So… what’s your solution?

Or are you just complaining about people who complain about people who complain?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:01 AM

the shirt was a joke. If it's not, it's over the top.

Respectful is an interesting word as I'd say many of the attacks on the program, Dabo's hubris et al have not been or even remotely fair for that matter, including that ridiculous avatar of yours.

Clean it up, then we can talk respectful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:05 AM

I'm asking because I don't know- were they actually printed to be sold?

I really thought someone went on the site, "made" it up and then linked it...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:06 AM

but I'd no notion of them being something printed and for sale.

That's out of line if so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope theyre real.***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:08 AM

Thanks. Always said there were idiots on both sides, so they'll sell...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:17 AM

To me, it is a 180, emotional knee-jerk, to a lot of the refuse and attacks you see on the program here.

For every action is an equal opposite reaction.

No good can come of either.

Re: Thanks. Always said there were idiots on both sides, so they'll sell...

Nov 2, 2023, 3:50 PM

To me, it is a 180, emotional knee-jerk, to a lot of the refuse and attacks you see on the program here.

For every action is an equal opposite reaction.

No good can come of either.

When I read this it brought to mind a Kamala word salad. Nice job! 👍

I got an email blast from Mr. Knickerbocker about it

Nov 2, 2023, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed... ]

https://mrknickerbocker.com/products/clemson-dont-be-a-tyler-be-a-tiger-t-shirt?variant=40659965608071

And it seems like you can buy it at the above link so...

That's too bad, and wrong on many a front in mine eye.***

Ahem

Nov 2, 2023, 9:07 AM [ in reply to No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed... ]

Wes with Lemmy sideburns and pit vipers is the height of tribute.

In fact, Wes is one of the few guys on the staff I’ve gone out of my way to defend on here this season.

Run that up the flag pole in the lunge with the rest of the idiots...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:12 AM

you don't get to decide for me what's respectful or not.

Just because I like you doesn't mean I believe you bright enough to do so.

Nice OP, but as wide and far ranging as some of what you accuse the Dabo cult of it seems?

I can only tell you my intent.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:19 AM

I can’t make you receive it correctly.

That's precious, unfortunately it missed home & perception is reality.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:21 AM

It probably found purchase with others, so take heart in that.

Sup Protagoras

Nov 2, 2023, 8:18 PM

If perception is reality, I guess everyone is right about everything, which is really tough, because if you say I'm wrong, then you must be right, but that would make me wrong, and how can that be when I only perceive the truth? More than anything Dabo or Tyler have to say, this is very troubling. We should get someone to look into it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have all the information, the avatar, including the mutton chops on a coach...

Nov 3, 2023, 8:14 AM

that's been called pork chop in a derogatory fashion. For all Obed's best intents & purposes, the best laid plans are often lost in implementation. It's absurd, which is clearly my truth.

I wrote others will likely find it differently, It probably found purchase with others, so take heart in that. My subjective is it's childish rubbish, even oafish, very similar to your attempt to impeach my process.

Maybe Obed® can offer some guidance in you reworking through this, after reading your offering, you could use his help.

Explained as if to a child

Nov 2, 2023, 5:36 PM [ in reply to I can only tell you my intent. ]

Re: No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed...

Nov 3, 2023, 1:49 PM [ in reply to No, Tyler shouldn't be doxxed, that seems a young person thing and I believed... ]

It's not necessarily a young person thing - it is very much illegal though.

Great post. I graduated in 1990 so I have

been through the great years and the bad years. Second generation Clemson grad and was raised on everything Clemson.

I don’t know how we got here but you’re definitely right. There’s a significant portion of this fan base whose loyalty seems to be to Dabo first and Clemson second.

I am not questioning people’s love for Clemson but rather I think they have allowed themselves to become mesmerized by his charisma and therefore see everything from an emotional standpoint, rather than a logical, realistic, or rational one. It is very close to cult behavior.

Re: Great post. I graduated in 1990 so I have

Nov 2, 2023, 9:09 AM

Sad to say but dabo disciples.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Great post. I graduated in 1990 so I have

Nov 3, 2023, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Great post. I graduated in 1990 so I have ]

Horse feathers!

Well said.

Like the post but you’re painting with too wide of a brush. Like politics, the vocal minority on both ends of the issue are sucking the oxygen out of the room.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hammer meet nail...

It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unbelievable, right?***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:13 AM

LOL

Nov 2, 2023, 9:48 AM

Re: LOL

Nov 2, 2023, 10:17 AM

JK's solution is to give Brownell a 10 year 11 million dollar contract and all will be well with the world.

PS: I like Brad B a lot and hope that he goes undefeated and is our coach for the nest 10 years. I don't let guys like JK influence how I feel about other coaches or Clemson sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, bringing up basketball when it has nothing to do with this topic.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:43 AM

It's a weakness, but some of you can't help yourselves.

I believe Brad is paid fairly, which I've mentioned numerous times here. I don't think he deserves a raise right now. My complaint has always been that we don't spend enough on the program overall, especially assistants and support staff. Neff agreed, because he allowed for better assistants to be hired. He also realizes the need for ongoing facility improvements.

Look what's happened. We were one of the best teams in the ACC last year, we are poised for another great year this year, and recruiting is on the upswing.

That's what happens when you give good coaches the resources they need, rather than expecting them to excel with limited support and resources.

Re: It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:17 AM [ in reply to It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed*** ]

He did on the radio call in and then doubled down in the morn. I think the experience will make him look inward some. As busy as he is, I bet he doesn't have much time for self reflection.

I'm not sure he feels the need.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:47 AM

After all, he's never failed at anything.

It was actually worse than that.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:26 AM [ in reply to It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed*** ]

He said he has been “a part of failure” before but HE hasn’t failed. In other words, any failure he’s associated with was the fault of others.

Re: It was actually worse than that.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:36 AM

I took it that Dabo was saying that even though he has failed at times in his life, he has never been a failure. Through the failure he has gotten stronger and been able to accomplish all of his goals.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:38 AM

That's totally not what he said.

Tell 'em 2-6 coot. No one knows losing better than you.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:06 AM

Re: Tell 'em 2-6 coot. No one knows losing better than you.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:11 PM

You should go get tested for special needs. Your incapable of typing an intelligent comment.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: It was actually worse than that. ]

That's totally not what he said.

Holy hell, that's worse.***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:24 AM [ in reply to It was actually worse than that. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:47 AM [ in reply to It was interesting to hear Dabo saying that he has never failed*** ]

Yes. His first job was not public school. Wow. That first year was one failure after another. 69 in couple weeks - still failing at somethings.

Meh some truth but also beating a dead horse. Something to remember.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:11 AM

From a branding perspective, Dabo’s brand has increased the value and recognition of Clemson football and Clemson University. Some may not like it, but financially it’s mutually beneficial.

Re: Meh some truth but also beating a dead horse. Something to remember.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:32 AM

agreed, but it still doesn't make Dabo bigger than Clemson University

Thats why I literally used the term mutually beneficial***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Meh some truth but also beating a dead horse. Something to remember. ]

Re: Meh some truth but also beating a dead horse. Something to remember.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Meh some truth but also beating a dead horse. Something to remember. ]

Agree and also believe Dabo has earned a very high level of forgiveness for the occasional bad year. Perhaps more than any coach not named Saban. That said, he is not immune to a string of bad seasons, especially if those include losses to coots. I feel some are trying to talk that immunity into reality, but sooner or later your record will hold you to account. I have confidence this won’t be an issue. Dabo has created a program attractive to a lot of great players and I think we will be successful again very soon. Also, this year ain’t over yet!

It's not just about this year!

Nov 2, 2023, 10:50 AM

It's about a sharp decline in our program over the last THREE years, which is directly traced to decisions Dabo himself has made.

He is doing less with more right now, and to top it all off, he has the nerve to blame the fans and call them names for not thinking and behaving and speaking like he wants?

And then has the audacity to threaten to leave if doesn't feel appreciated enough, despite making an 8 figure salary and having everything he could possibly need and want for the program?

I don't care how many national championships he has won, that's ridiculous.

Re: It's not just about this year!

Nov 2, 2023, 10:58 AM

WHOA! I'm not saying it's about this year. Quite the opposite. Read it again. I said though Dabo may be forgiven a year like this, it can't go on forever. No matter how much he's done for Clemson. The part about high hopes for the future and even hopes for a good finish this year were just an addendum, certainly not the point of the post.

My apologies for misreading your post.***

Nov 2, 2023, 11:07 AM

Nov 2, 2023, 9:12 AM

It’s no different than when Ford was here. Except that we have the internet now.

That was unhealthy too.***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:14 AM

OK, ok..lets get over this and move on.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:16 AM

Go TiGERS..ROCK the DOMERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2023, 9:32 AM

Obed, I agree with you 100%!

This BS of trying to ruin a guy's life because he had the edacity to question a football coach is ludicrous. All of these Christians on this site praying to the Lord because Aunt Nanna Em's pet spider died, but yet these same Christians want to see real harm done to Tyler because he questioned a football coach.

Let's look at the numbers. Dabo has made 2.88 million dollars for each win he has had this season. Tyler had a point! So, you can ruin this guy's life and embarrass him, but the real embarrassment is the fans that want to see him ruined. Some of you offer your thoughts and prayers like you are giving Halloween candy out in a new subdivision, yet you want to see a Veteran, who served our Country, life ruined because he questioned our football coach. Why don't you offer Tyler some T&P's? I guess you only believe in turning the other cheek when it benefits you.

With this being said, I appreciate what Dabo has done for Clemson. He has been a great Coach and a good ambassador for Clemson. I hope he is here for a long time, and I feel certain he will fix the errors of the past two years on the football field, and he will win and win big in future years. However, let's not act like he made Clemson University. Clemson University was on the map long before Dabo got here. I, for one, am tired of his threatening to leave Clemson every time his feelings get hurt. Dabo is no doubt a good man, a good father and a good husband but he is not without error.

Ridiculous and embarrassing on all accounts!

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:38 AM

Well said

GO TIGERS!!!

Bravo!***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free! ]

LOL

Nov 2, 2023, 9:47 AM

smh

That last bullet point was for you.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:03 AM

Hope you enjoy the new t-shirt though.

Do you have any other response?***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:25 AM [ in reply to LOL ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:48 AM

Excellent

^^^Found Tylers handle!!!***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:55 AM

New Riders was 100x better than JGB. Hth.***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:59 AM

WHOA. NRPS original lineup, maybe, but without Garcia, they were

Nov 2, 2023, 11:13 AM

no JGB. Garcia, Seals, and Kahn were *chef's kiss*

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2023, 9:57 AM

I’m totally cool with giving this a rest for now. We’ve all stated our points. Dabo and his disciples have stated theirs. The rest of this season he’s got a pretty heavy job to do and unless we win out some coaching decisions to make. I’m not going to continue to gripe about him until he gives me something new to gripe about. But I agree this has been an eye opener.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:02 AM

“Third gen alum”. I was under the impression you were someone else.

My father and grandfather in Nigeria got online degrees.***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:04 AM

Nov 2, 2023, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 2, 2023, 10:15 AM

Tyler is/was a complete tool, and I believe a mouth piece, for the “fearless” leadership for tiger illustrated. You are welcome to your option but the campaign to smear the Clemson football program and Dabo is obvious and ridiculous!! Good luck getting ANY coach to come in after some “fans” campaign to run off a 2 time National Championship coach and for the horrible crime of being 4-4 and not making playoffs every year. Spouting that you are an alumni only makes it WORSE!!! Just another alumi opinion!

Nov 2, 2023, 10:19 AM

So, Dabo is worth 2.8 million per win?

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

With all due respect, when your Occams razor

Nov 2, 2023, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free! ]

For someone questioning Dabo critically on a call in show is that it must be a conspiracy, the original post might be for you too.

You're welcome to your option, idiot.***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Wait..wut***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:44 AM

He called you a Tyler. I got a screen shot in case he pusses out...***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:48 AM

Ok cool***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:51 AM

As always, I'm here to help.***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:52 AM

Here...

Nov 2, 2023, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Wait..wut*** ]

in case this ends up in court.

I believe that Soccr was weaving a tapestry with satire.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:55 AM

I know he doesn’t disagree with me, because I’ve never failed at anything including this post.

That's not nearly as good of a story as the one I'll tell...***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:57 AM

Can we include the context?

Nov 2, 2023, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Here... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU

Nov 2, 2023, 11:30 AM

I had no idea what the option part was and felt badly for missing the joke. I tend to skim typos over here.

It's no grade of slaw that's for sure.***

Nov 2, 2023, 11:36 AM

It's a free society & your healtfelt donations are noted, but as my prose...

Nov 2, 2023, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Can we include the context? ]

I'll add any and all context as I see fit.

Oh, and happy Thursday.

Happy Thursday to you as well. I'm enjoying a Friday, playing

Nov 2, 2023, 11:37 AM

golf tomorrow instead of working.

If you weren't you, you'd wanna be...

Nov 2, 2023, 11:38 AM

Enjoy the long weekend.

Do you work for Tiger Illustrated?

Nov 2, 2023, 10:54 AM [ in reply to With all due respect, when your Occams razor ]

LMAO.

Hot dang, well I guess Larry Williams troll handle has been

Nov 2, 2023, 11:43 AM

outed

COOT***

Nov 2, 2023, 10:19 AM

Nov 2, 2023, 10:24 AM

Whine on. You do you.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:26 AM

If Tyler was your son or brother, you would be okay with his life being ruined because he had the edasity to question your football coach on a radio call in show?

Nov 2, 2023, 10:51 AM

How, exactly, is his “life being ruined”?

People on the internet are making fun of him. That’s all. Nobody even knows who he is. Is his name even “Tyler”?

It’s really just a joke at this point.

Multiple people on here have called for his doxxing and cancellation.

Nov 2, 2023, 10:57 AM

If it was just some good natured ribbing I would not have made my post.

Re: Multiple people on here have called for his doxxing and cancellation.

Nov 2, 2023, 11:08 AM

So, some crazy people on the internet want him identified? Wow, really ruining his life. How will he survive?

If he doesn’t want to be identified, maybe he shouldn’t give interviews to internet sites and provide identifying information about himself?

Yep, this post is for you.

Nov 2, 2023, 11:26 AM

And he actually didn’t provide identifying info about himself. Quite the opposite.

Re: Yep, this post is for you.

Nov 2, 2023, 12:01 PM

Name, age, city, marine, posts on rivals, parking area, family history, where he was stationed and when, where he’s from, his line of work…

Let me quote Dabo here.

Nov 2, 2023, 12:15 PM

You’re part of the problem.

Re: Let me quote Dabo here.

Nov 2, 2023, 12:32 PM

So, he didn’t give all that info to an internet site?

Look, I don’t think he should be doxxed or harassed in any way. I don’t even care what he said to Dabo. I don’t really care what Dabo said back. None of this really matters. It’s just internet troll fodder. Entertainment for a couple days that will be forgotten next week.

I also don’t think someone should cry about mean people on the internet when you choose to say #### in public, then go and do an interview to an internet site giving a whole lot of personal information. He brought it on himself.

I simply asked how this guys “life is being ruined”. It’s not. He may be embarrassed for a while, but I think he’ll survive.

Peace out. I’ve got better things to do today. Leaving now to go watch the women’s soccer in Cary.

Go Tigers!

Women's soccer , lollers

Nov 2, 2023, 2:58 PM

found F-section's scok

Re: Multiple people on here have called for his doxxing and cancellation.

Nov 2, 2023, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Multiple people on here have called for his doxxing and cancellation. ]

If it is not a big deal, Noodle, give us your real name, phone number and address.

No, shortly after "this" the other night Tyler's HUDL tape was linked...

Nov 2, 2023, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free! ]

which included Tyler's last name.

That's no bueno and I asked for it to be deleted then.

By the next day, last name apparently in hand, the calls were ringing out. Not nearly as much as some might make it, but any of it is wrong.

His call, the TI interview is hard to argue against as good fodder as they're agreed to upfront.

The tee is, well... I don't get it.

Edasity? Really?...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to Dabo University. Kool-Aid's free! ]

Definitions of edacity. excessive desire to eat. synonyms: esurience, ravenousness, voraciousness, voracity. type of: hunger, hungriness. a physiological need for food; the consequence of food deprivation.

Wow. This is cute. Did you even go to Clemson?***

Nov 2, 2023, 11:02 AM

drunk at the putt putt.

Lookee here, Jimmy

Nov 2, 2023, 11:28 AM

I not only went there but I spent 6 years getting my undergrad, and you know why? Because I partied myass off! So look Jimmmmyyyyy, maybe you’re perfect but I’m not gonna let no pencil neck geek who graduated early probably come on here and talk to me like I’m 12.

Re: Lookee here, Jimmy

Nov 2, 2023, 11:32 AM
see it.jpg(104.9 K)

SHIRT THAT.***

Nov 2, 2023, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Lookee here, Jimmy ]

drunk at the putt putt.

Sounds like you are still making huge mistakes in life...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Lookee here, Jimmy ]

So nothing has changed...

My T-shirt reads "Don't Let Friends Drink Orange Kool-aid"

Nov 2, 2023, 11:12 AM

My T-shirt reads "Don't Let Friends Drink Orange Kool-aid" with the names Charley Pell, Red Parker, Danny Ford, Tommy Bowden, Tommy West, Ken Hatfield and Dobo Swinney each printed on little tombstones.

Yes I love Dabo

Nov 2, 2023, 11:19 AM

And he made my wildest dreams come true.

But the one think I think he needs improvement on us handled criticism. Now Tyler was extremely disrespectful and I cringed when he brought up Dabo's salary. Just thought it was inappropriate and disrespectful to bring that up. But Dabo should have taken the higher road.

That being said I do like seeing the fire in Dabo again. Maybe we will see old school Dabo soon. I missed him!

TLDR>*******

Nov 2, 2023, 11:26 AM

Nov 2, 2023, 11:41 AM

When someone says something like "I'll go somewhere else", especially multiple times, I listen. He's made that kind of statement multiple times over the years. If we weren't talking about Tylerrr, we'd be talking about how he said he'd be somewhere in 15 years, just might not be here. Especially bc that comment was in response to a 98.5%er that was gleeful about him being here 15 more years. That was strange to me.

Leads me to believe he's setting you guys up for the fall. He'll leave and blame it on the fans. Blame it on society. The expectation exceeds appreciation was strange to me. That's the hallmark of a blue blood, elite program. You guys don't owe Dabo sheet. You buy merch, give to IPTAY, buy tickets, give to NIL, contribute to great TV ratings, etc...If he wants to see appreciation, look at how much donations have skyrocketed since he started winning. All of that is forgotten bc a faceless troll on the radio rustled his jimmies?? Nah, I ain't buying it. That MF ain't real.

Nov 2, 2023, 4:38 PM

Not that a coot would know sheet about what a blue blood program is.....

Screw Calford.

Nov 3, 2023, 2:00 PM

Sick burn bro.

Nov 2, 2023, 11:41 AM

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION DITKA

A TEAM OF FIVE MINI-DITKAS COULD BEAT EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM 210-0, AND THE PACKERS 420-0

Nov 2, 2023, 2:52 PM

Is this a time-shared Scok between Judge Keller and deroberts?

That would be quite the Marvel team-up...

Thats hilarious!***

Nov 2, 2023, 9:27 PM

Nov 2, 2023, 11:47 AM

Tell em cocklover

Nov 2, 2023, 12:19 PM

Great post, great points. Dabo sounded and acted like a kid in his response. What he said to another user would get you banned on Tigernet or at least timeout. Very disappointed in him and my IPTAY dollars will reflect.

Nov 2, 2023, 12:19 PM

Good post but you don’t address enough how unreasonable so many ‘fans’ have become

TL;DR Version

Nov 2, 2023, 12:28 PM

"I feel a type of way and if you don't agree with me then I'm going to write a guilt-trip post hoping it'll convince you."

Dang, man, you're better than this.

I said what I said man

Nov 2, 2023, 12:50 PM

If we can’t agree that it should be a universal truth that a dude’s life isn’t worth being ruined for the transgression of criticizing Dabo, that maybe at that point as a fan of Dabo you should step back and question if you’re taking it a little too far, then we probably won’t agree on much.

People have been geeking out over Dabo for years and I haven’t said much at all, but this week was just a tipping point. When we are eating one of our own to this extent, reevaluate your lives people.

Re: I said what I said man

Nov 2, 2023, 4:36 PM

Seriously, Dabo’s is a famous multimillionaire coach . Tyler is no threat to him in any way. Tyler is just a fan and vet. Dabo could have just cut off and said I just have no comment. Instead, Dabo turned this into Clemson nation versus Tyler. It’s sad and petty…

Here's what happened to Obed

Nov 2, 2023, 3:00 PM [ in reply to TL;DR Version ]

Obed®

I believe his classic BMW was wrecked and totaled. So he's been relegated to driving a V6 Ford truck with a woefully dated interior. It's like watching Michael Vick's fall from grace 2.0

It's really, really sad

agreed. and this is a completely normal and honest post

Nov 2, 2023, 3:22 PM

and the flip side and why i love me….

i don’t care one iota what was said. have not heard it again, and see no need to post on what a caller said to a coach on a call in radio show. why?? i have a life.

fascinating that so many abnormal continue to focus and defending some dude coaching a football team and attacking some young guy or vise versa. you’re either a frappin a$$ geezer or some mindless fruitcake that posts every 10 mins in mange cause “zero life” - or basically, 90 percent of mange people.
regardless, those that incessantly post opinion about this ad nauseam are clearly losers at the game of life.
of this, i am certain.

you ladies that post after post after post about a phone call make this entirely too easy for us that are successful and smart.

1- you’re obviously peasants that make little to no money. and…
2- you definitely ain’t getting any. and if by the grace of zeus that you might be lol - then i know factually that my d won’t be anywhere near it

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I appreciate you letting me know how much

Nov 2, 2023, 3:49 PM

You hate long winded, overly-opinionated posts by taking time from your exciting and exotic life to express it in a long-winded overly-opinionated post.

Re: I appreciate you letting me know how much

Nov 2, 2023, 4:25 PM

that was the idear.
but for real, spot on post.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thanks, for real I was ready to drop it

Nov 2, 2023, 4:55 PM

But that MF t-shirt just pushed the wrong buttons.

POTY! This is a sane fan!

Nov 2, 2023, 3:39 PM

Preciate the read dude. Maybe some of the sunshine trolls will quit the game and accept reality.

JFC, I'd read about the T-shirt on here and assumed it was just some twit that

Nov 2, 2023, 5:17 PM

had em made for himself, maybe a few buddies. But I just checked that link above and it's Mr Knickerbocker. I don't know the business relationship specifics, but if Mr K is not an official merchandiser of Clemson products, they're damm close. That's a bit unnerving. You p!ss off Dabo and you end up on thousands of T-shirts worn in public. What if somebody rats him out and they get a face to go with that name, they gonna put that on shirts too? If I'm him and I live in the upstate, I'm already anticipating something like that, updating my resume and preparing to move elsewhere. There's too many psychos out there...

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

I do find it a tad insulting when I see people saying things like

Nov 2, 2023, 5:29 PM

Dabo is the best thing to happen to the university. Which is something Walt Deptula has repeated all this week for instance.

Also acting like Clemson was always trash before him is also insulting

Nov 2, 2023, 5:33 PM

Obed......honestly, you're an idiot>

Nov 2, 2023, 5:42 PM

Obed......honestly, you're an idiot>

Why is it always the guys who double-post who

Nov 2, 2023, 6:10 PM

Call other people idiots?

You and Tyler deserve each other

Nov 2, 2023, 5:54 PM

I know what side I'm and 90% of this country is on. Hint: Its not Tyler's.

Re: You and Tyler deserve each other

Nov 2, 2023, 5:56 PM

Do you think Dabo even cares if you are on his side? Hint: he doesn't. He's already threatening for the 5th time to leave because his feelings were hurt.

I'd probably leave too if I had an idiot fan like Tyler throwing...

Nov 2, 2023, 6:14 PM

Personal attacks on a public radio show. It's humiliating to even have to speak to fool like Tyler. And even more embarrassing to see we have other fans defending these actions. Hope Dabo does leave and we can all enjoy those 6-9 win seasons we had the 25 years before he arrived. Lord we have some idiots in this fanbase.

Re: I'd probably leave too if I had an idiot fan like Tyler throwing...

Nov 2, 2023, 6:30 PM

Yes we do have idiots in our fan base, you're one of them.

Please put down the crack pipe...

Nov 2, 2023, 9:29 PM

It's really not a good look for a cop to be so ignorant.

Clearly you didn't read the post.

Nov 2, 2023, 6:03 PM [ in reply to You and Tyler deserve each other ]

I'm on Clemson's side, which isn't your side. Maybe you should change your name to godaboswinney.

Re: You and Tyler deserve each other

Nov 2, 2023, 7:08 PM [ in reply to You and Tyler deserve each other ]

lol

f’n grown man talking about sides.
jesus h christ.

And it seems to me like the term "idiot" has been tossed around a lot more on

Nov 2, 2023, 6:17 PM

this board the last few days. Did I miss the memo... It's OK now that Dabo did it? Is it mandatory whenever you disagree with someone?

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Nov 2, 2023, 7:12 PM

Americans love to act like communist and while pretending to be Christians

Nov 2, 2023, 8:32 PM

Spare everyone your credentials there Obed. Not impressed and don’t care how you feel. The kid was rude. Dabo has taken the Tigers to places unimaginable prior and doesn’t need a passive-aggressive lecture. To agree with that kid is ridiculous.

Isnt it too late to spare you?

Nov 2, 2023, 8:40 PM

I mean, I already wrote it and you already read it. There’s only one way to spare you, and that’s if I could turn back time. If I could find some way. I’d take back those words that hurt you, and you’d stay.

Nov 2, 2023, 8:35 PM

Excellent post.

TLDR. Life's too short to worry about this petty shi***

Nov 2, 2023, 8:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I just appreciate a man on such a tight schedule

Nov 2, 2023, 8:47 PM

Taking the time to open it, scroll past it, click reply, and then make a post telling us you didn’t have time to read it. I hope you find joy this evening in the 42 second read time you gave yourself back. God bless.

Nov 2, 2023, 8:56 PM

I agree with all you said but how about all the fans that have been bashing Dabo and commenting about him being fired. He is NOT bigger than the university but he surely has done enough to get a some time to fix the problem.

Obed, this is unbelievable.

Nov 2, 2023, 9:28 PM

Not one post by lightbulbbill® trying to make it all about him or how he hates BidEn and minorities.

Oh wait. He did post. Just responded to the wrong person. Per usual.

mackey

Replies: 163
| visibility 6,901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic