Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy

Dec 17, 2022, 7:00 AM

Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s going to be a good one.***

Dec 17, 2022, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So Streeter is going to "undeveloped him"?

Dec 17, 2022, 2:04 PM

Nobody is buying your fake fandom. Everyone knows your FoS.

Troll.

He was on the wrong thread. Was talking about Brownell, of course.***

Jan 15, 2023, 10:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Dec 17, 2022, 8:25 AM

That all sounds great but those guys need to pump the brakes and trust the coaches that won two national championships ?.

Re: Well

Dec 17, 2022, 8:44 AM

Offensive line will play a BIG part in deciding who wins the OB!

Dec 17, 2022, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Well ]

thollin said:

That all sounds great but those guys need to pump the brakes and trust the coaches that won two national championships ?.

These are not the same coordinators offensive or defensive that we had when we won two national championships.

Dec 17, 2022, 2:39 PM

goober,

Don't be bringing the facts into this debate.

What coaches were in the same position when won a

Dec 18, 2022, 12:25 AM

Natty?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2022, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Well ]

What part of their comments expressed distrust? Coach finally made the decision to play Klubnik, not the players. If you couldn’t see a shift, not only in play, but in team mentality, then you probably need to rewatch it.

Jan 15, 2023, 10:50 AM

Well we see how that worked out. Cade out there looking like he was playing Pop Warner....lol

Re: Well Why pump.the brakes We just got them to release***

Dec 17, 2022, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Well ]

Dec 17, 2022, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Well ]

What in the world does that mean?
What does this have to do with trusting the coaches?

Trust coaches who cost us the SCAR game by sticking with DJ all year, when DJ was obviously having issues?

Your post makes NO SENSE.

Weird

Dec 17, 2022, 8:51 AM

It’s like these guys don’t understand the past two seasons of low energy blank stares.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy

Dec 17, 2022, 9:00 AM

It sure seems like we're on a different upward trajectory with Cade in the QB slot. I sure hope it is true for the next 2 years.

Jan 15, 2023, 10:51 AM

This didn't age well at all......

Dec 17, 2022, 9:02 AM

These types of articles are bitter sweet. They are not surprising to anyone who has watched Clemson football this year. It was apparent to everyone but the coaches (think they knew as well but and as we know won’t admit it) that Cade energized the team and is a winner. He has excited the fan base again as well. Hopefully a win in the Orange Bowl and another strong Clemson performance will propel us forward in recruiting in this new college football environment. Playing the best players is crucial and those that make others around them better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And so the nonsense continues.

Dec 17, 2022, 2:06 PM

Cade was developing while DJ was winning games. Exactly what the staff has been telling you.

Accept it as the truth it is and move on.

Re: And so the nonsense continues.

Dec 17, 2022, 2:40 PM

Funny how you guys that claim to have the truth on their side want to move on from it so badly.

It’s almost like this could’ve happened before December.***

Dec 17, 2022, 9:13 AM

Re: It’s almost like this could’ve happened before December.***

Dec 17, 2022, 10:20 AM

Should’ve, instead of could’ve. Hope all of us proponents of this change are proven right, and I believe we will be. Here’s to a new era! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks refuse to let the reality sink in

Dec 17, 2022, 2:08 PM

Cade was developing while DJ was winning games.

The end.

Re: Some folks refuse to let the reality sink in

Dec 18, 2022, 12:26 AM

He didn’t win ND and Coots. Am i missing something?

Re: Some folks refuse to let the reality sink in

Dec 18, 2022, 8:57 AM

Or cuse.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s not ready…y’all don’t freaking know!!***

Dec 17, 2022, 9:18 AM

The only thing he lacks is experience....

Dec 17, 2022, 10:52 AM

.... And facing a good team that will have a D scheme focused on him will be a great test.... The comparisons to DW4 are legitimate IMO.... Especially the ability to put bad plays and TO's behind him.... That mental toughness is there, and he will only get better with experience....

Re: The only thing he lacks is experience....

Jan 15, 2023, 10:54 AM

This dud couldn't carry Deshaun's jock strap...ya'll are hilarious

Re: He’s not ready…y’all don’t freaking know!!***

Dec 17, 2022, 1:44 PM [ in reply to He’s not ready…y’all don’t freaking know!!*** ]

I know what you are saying, like DW4 and TL16 wasn't ready, but they went out there and grew with the team and just won games and the NCGs that's always mentioned, the ones that has been won under Dabo. No one is perfect, everybody makes mistakes, and I personally believe that the coach/coaches involved with insisting that DJ remained the starting QB was a mistake regardless of who all was involved in making it. But I do believe that mistake has been corrected even though they were one game late correcting their mistake....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't ready.

Dec 17, 2022, 2:09 PM [ in reply to He’s not ready…y’all don’t freaking know!!*** ]

MOST players take time to mature and develop. Cade was no different.

This is nothing new here.

I hope so and my honest question is,

Dec 17, 2022, 9:34 AM

it’s now multiple articles this week about how great of a leader he is, yet we had to listen all year to the propaganda about how great of a leader DJU was and this was why he couldn’t be or wasn’t replaced. I’m believing the updates from this week a lot more than than the BS we heard all season and all the player comments we have heard the last week or two seem to back that up. Cade is going to be a stud, I just wish he had gotten a fair shake this season. Dabo 101 at it’s finest obviously.

Re: I hope so and my honest question is,

Dec 17, 2022, 12:55 PM

This doesn't explain the usc game cause cade should have at least started the 3rd. But maybe dabo was worried about cades size or lack thereof and was trying to hold him from play so he could keep getting stronger. That way he can go into the off season injury free and continue getting stronger in a college weight program.

Why would the backup have started the 3rd quarter??

Dec 17, 2022, 2:11 PM

The starter was up 23-14 at halftime.

Re: I hope so and my honest question is,

Dec 17, 2022, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope so and my honest question is, ]

Garner,

How much stronger did he get in the week between USC and UNC ??

Yeah, Dabo doesn't really have a passion to win every game.

Dec 17, 2022, 2:15 PM [ in reply to I hope so and my honest question is, ]

You gotta be some kind of numbskull to think that.

haha, yes, I'm sure they are just now seeing this... lol***

Dec 17, 2022, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2022, 10:05 AM

I certainly want it work out with Cade at the helm but you can’t win games on pure emotion you have to play tge game. I wish for Cade to play smart and be great.

Dec 17, 2022, 10:14 AM

Lmfao what an entire bunch of word salad, you think Cade or anyone else believes he can win off of pure emotion?? Go take a look at the kids film and what he does when he’s actually given a chance. Will he be perfect, absolutely not but he’s not going to mentally check out of a game either. Listen to his interviews this week, the kid is more self aware them 90% of the posters here. Said earlier in the year that he was a little scared to throw it not wanting to make a mistake but learned he had to trust his abilities and let it rip. You saw the type of QB he’s going to be against UNC he’s going to trust his arm to make the throws and if needed he will burn the defense with his legs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2023, 10:56 AM

hahahahaha, yeah about that. Cade was out there playing rec ball in the orange bowl...Ya'll are gonna keep getting what you want and it's gonna kill this program

Re: Who do this remind you of, it wasn't that long ago!!!

Dec 17, 2022, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy ]

Does this bring back any memories of a QB we had not so long ago, it surely does for me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xf5xVR8fn0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2022, 10:29 AM

I don’t want to be critical, but instead, honest. I could tell with the first 2 drives in the Championship, the team’s expectation was sorely lacking on offense because of the lack of consistency to move the ball.
When Cade came in, ‘turn the page,’ because everything changed to attack mode on offense like it was when Trevor was there. Like Dabo said when he replaced Kelly Bryant, you’ve got to go with the best player. I’d pull for DJ and pull for DJ and pull for DJ, but there has to come a point when, for the sake of the team and the game, you play the better player. Cade led that offense like Trevor did, and that’s good for the future of Clemson football.

Dec 17, 2022, 1:45 PM

Very well said!

Jan 15, 2023, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy ]

Then Cade looked pedestrian in the Orange Bowl......ya'll keep asking for certain things and it's gonna destroy this program and I hope ya'll get it

Dec 17, 2022, 10:42 AM

Every other article ya'll wrote was picking dj apart and now all of a sudden, you all are celebrating Cade like he's the second coming of Christ. This publication is trash...uuuugggghhhhh

Dec 17, 2022, 10:46 AM

Might want to wedge an extra blanket under the door of your double-wide there in Columbia. Gonna be extra cold the end of next week. Merry Christmas!

Dec 17, 2022, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy ]

Every other article ya'll wrote was picking dj apart and now all of a sudden, you all are celebrating Cade like he's the second coming of Christ. This publication is trash...uuuugggghhhhh

Why is your pulse so low, never mind, I know now after reading the trash you scribble and post. That can have a glaring effect on your pulse, as it should!!!

Jan 15, 2023, 11:11 AM

Don't be mad Rusty. Cade showed you all how he was gonna look in that Orange Bowl. I'm glad DJ got out of this dumpster fire. I've been a Clemson fan since the 80s. Just because we call ya'll out doesn't mean we're a SC fan. No we just see the bull crap. Cade looked pedestrian in that Orange Game and I kept saying DJ was the issue, it was th trash OC. Ultimately that was on Dabo, promoting Streeter to that position and he clearly wasn't ready and ya'll murdered DJ's character and ability so we get what we get.

Dec 17, 2022, 10:44 AM

Those constantly saying Cade isn’t ready, blow my mind. These athletes have to start somewhere and sometimes it is a sink or swim deal. Cade hasn’t been given a fair shake all season by many, even after decidedly turning the ACCCG around. Before one of you goes on about “but but Notre Dame,” the kid was thrown into an already impossible situation and was only given one series. It’s a miracle we’ve kept players like Lawrence and Klubnik when reading what some supposed fans say.

Dec 17, 2022, 11:10 AM

The switch should have happened slowly starting game one by letting Cade play fourth quarter. Game two, entire second half. Game three, every Tiger series. Game four; Klubnik era begins in a full. Sure, he wasn’t ready. But, by now he’s would have grown into a legitimate Heisman contender. I don’t know what magically changed from USuCk game to the ACCCG but he all of a sudden was ready?! Not buyin’ it. Should have let DJ leave at the end of last year like he wanted.
I can’t beat this dead horse anymore. Even the glue is ruined.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2022, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Klubnik's teammates taking notice of his leadership and energy ]

The ND game, the position that Cade was put in as a green true freshman with barely any game time, is the exact reason why he was put in there, and I believe they felt they would have gotten the very same results from their two year starter, and they didn't want to put him in that situation!!!

Yeah... he just all of sudden gained these characteristics

Dec 17, 2022, 11:52 AM

Guarantee players knew this long before the coaches would acknowledge it.

Re: Yeah... he just all of sudden gained these characteristics

Dec 17, 2022, 2:47 PM

^^ THIS ^^

This begs the question - How much do the players trust the staff after watching them play the 2nd best QB for weeks ??

Dec 17, 2022, 12:02 PM

This is awesome. There was a vacuum last year that never got filled. You can see CK is that guy. Now we just need his counterpart on defense to emerge. There's an absence there too that contributes to our overall performance. It's been a LB of late ( Boulware, Skalski ). How awesome would it be if it were Peter Woods from the jump ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Defensive Leader

Dec 17, 2022, 1:05 PM

tigerlex24 said:

This is awesome. There was a vacuum last year that never got filled. You can see CK is that guy. Now we just need his counterpart on defense to emerge. There's an absence there too that contributes to our overall performance. It's been a LB of late ( Boulware, Skalski ). How awesome would it be if it were Peter Woods from the jump ?

Are you talking about performance or interview skills? Trotter can run circles around Boulware or JS and he's just a sophomore. Won't go into everything wrong with the defense but the secondary has been a glaring issue all year. Not good in coverage and with the exception of Mickens, not particularly strong in run support. Trotter will likely play at the next level - a near guarantee that he will be good enough to be drafted.

Re: Re Defensive Leader

Dec 17, 2022, 1:29 PM

I was referring to leadership skills on the field
The two players I cited at LB excelled in this area
and were like field generals that knew exactly
where everybody needs to be pre-snap and would ensure
they're in position. They were also vocal in their leadership
and held one another accountable. You can add Nolan
Turner to that mix as well. Undoubtedly, we have more gifted players
but none ever assumed a leadership role. Nate Wiggins is clearly passionate
about what he does. As he continues to improve
I can see him step forward into that role. I was
half expecting Bresee to be that guy but his season
was fraught with larger challenges.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re Defensive Leader

Dec 17, 2022, 1:50 PM

tigerlex24 said:

I was referring to leadership skills on the field
The two players I cited at LB excelled in this area
and were like field generals that knew exactly
where everybody needs to be pre-snap and would ensure
they're in position. They were also vocal in their leadership
and held one another accountable. You can add Nolan
Turner to that mix as well. Undoubtedly, we have more gifted players
but none ever assumed a leadership role. Nate Wiggins is clearly passionate
about what he does. As he continues to improve
I can see him step forward into that role. I was
half expecting Bresee to be that guy but his season
was fraught with larger challenges.

Got it. Leader on the field and gets everyone lined up and sets the emotional tone for the group. I believe Barrett Carter will grow into that role if he is not already there. If you notice the snaps played there were multiple games where he did not come off the field. He plays different spots but based on him never leaving the game I think that's a role he has inherited. And I would agree that he needs to be more vocal in that role.

We lost a game to freakin gamecocks

Dec 17, 2022, 12:57 PM

because the best player didn't start the game.

and then to know that Cade never got a chance with the 1st team all year, it's just mind boggling.

Re: We lost a game to freakin gamecocks

Dec 17, 2022, 1:38 PM

because the best player didn't start the game.

and then to know that Cade never got a chance with the 1st team all year, it's just mind boggling.

Yes, we lost for the reason you gave but I would call it expected, not mind boggling. When the HC draws a line in the sand and said come H### or high water this is our guy then you sort of know what's going to happen. It's about proving a point. Maybe it didn't work out as he expected but the point is when he makes up his mind that's it.
A similar example with Coach Ford playing a completely outmanned Wake team at home where we squeaked by 13-6 or some such nonsense. Keep in mind, back then Wake didn't have a player on their roster that could crack Clemson's 2 deep. So we ran it and ran it and ran it. We ran it against 8, 9, or 10 in the box. If they could put 12 in there I think the run would still have been called.
After the game a very brave reporter timidly asked "seemed like they were really crowding the line coach, did you ever consider trying to dump a short pass down the field?"
Answer was quite simple. No, there's got to be a way to block those men and we are going to figure out how to do it. End of story. Rinse, repeat.
It was frustrating but the man had 8 consensus top ten recruiting classes in row and won a bunch of games. So you take the good with the frustrating and just move on.

What??

Dec 17, 2022, 2:31 PM [ in reply to We lost a game to freakin gamecocks ]

DJ had won the two previous games, in dominating fashion.

In those two games, he was 42 of 62 (68%) for 418 yds, 3 TDs and 1 INT. He also ran for 121 yards and 2 more TDs. DJ was responsible for 593 yds and 5 TDs in two games.

So please explain why we would have started the backup against SC.

Re: What??

Dec 17, 2022, 2:59 PM

allorange

Finally you make a good point. And to add to that, I re-watched the USC game and I could not really pinpoint a time when the offense was obviously struggling in real time - ie a time when it was obvious that DJ should be pulled and Cade inserted.

Having said all that, I still find it hard to believe that Cade's progress was not showing up in practice. First, it is inexcusable that he was not getting ANY reps with the ones. Secondly, why not insert him while we were in control of the Louisville and Miami games to see what you had going there. Thirdly, when you start your 2nd best QB, you are begging for trouble (& we got it)

Finally, I would like to emphasize something I haven't seen anyone point out. Cade has kept his mouth shut for weeks when he had to clearly believe that he was the better QB. Kept his mouth shut for the good of the team. Kudos

Dec 17, 2022, 3:10 PM [ in reply to What?? ]

DJ had won the two previous games, in dominating fashion.

In those two games, he was 42 of 62 (68%) for 418 yds, 3 TDs and 1 INT. He also ran for 121 yards and 2 more TDs. DJ was responsible for 593 yds and 5 TDs in two games.

So please explain why we would have started the backup against SC.

Well, to be blunt, Miami and Louisville are horrible teams. You can't refute his stats but many of those catches are screen passes that don't cross the line of scrimmage. He has almost no successful throws down the field and virtually nothing in the middle of the field. Against a quality opponent like Notre Dame he did not get it done and his completions and yards came after the game had been decided. Against SC he should have been pulled after his 2nd or 3rd short hopped pass or 10 yard screen that was not even close. He was not and we payed the price. It's over and done. We lost to a team at home that was just portal scraps in the 2nd year of a rebuild playing top 5 recruiting classes that Clemson had on the roster. NC game proved that the we flushed the season down the toilet as it was a night and day difference in the QB play.

Dec 17, 2022, 5:05 PM

Sometimes a player(qb in this case) practices really well, but does not play as well in games. That is somewhat difficult for a coach, who hopes from week to week that a good version shows up, especially in year 3.
Another point. The offense was vanilla and dysfunctional much of the time. But when a different qb ran the show, all of a sudden the OC became a borderline genius. Receivers remarkably improved and got open. Trick plays were called. The team moved quickly down the field. The UNC game was a breath of fresh air.

Dec 17, 2022, 5:57 PM [ in reply to What?? ]

Because DJ's play was inconsistent and mostly lackluster for 2 seasons.

Dec 18, 2022, 2:53 AM [ in reply to What?? ]

I would like hear why Cade wasn't given a chance after seeing that DJ couldn't hit a receiver 6 foot away from. And his stats sucked even worst through the entire 3 qtr, and still no change, and we lost bc of it, and I'm sure of it!!!

Dec 18, 2022, 9:26 AM

The whole QB as "team leader" cliche is so overused at the HS and College level. But it is a tried and true formula for the media when writing articles and asking questions in interviews. Never gets old even though QBs don't decide on the play call in the huddle anymore

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic