Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok house coots, lets get something straight...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Ok house coots, lets get something straight...

Dec 28, 2009, 5:07 PM

You guys won. 2009 is your season over us. You blew us out and there is nothing we can say about it. Head to head trumps all else. 9 wins vs. your 7 or 8 wins don't matter for this season. We had 60 minutes and we failed. You win the whole year.

That said... and follow me closely here... the rivalry is much bigger than this year. And the rivalry is ours. Am I relying on games that happened twenty or thirty or sixty years ago? Nope. I am not talking about being on top, significantly, in the overall record. I am talking about two programs in the same state, over the last five, ten, fifteen, twenty, whatever years. Between the two of us, we are superior. We have a better history, a better school, more success, more championships, more wins against you, more wins in general, more bowls, more 9,10,11,12 win seasons, and so on and so forth. Beating us 20-25% of the time may make you feel superior but it's going to be hard to sell that to a Clemson Tiger.

Conclusion? You won this year, and for that you have scoreboard. Nothing wrong with bragging about that the whole year. But when you start to sound as if you have altered the rivalry for anything more than one year, or significantly altered your recent, medium, or long-term history, it makes us feel better. It reminds us that no matter how frustrated we are with failing to win the ACC year after year, at least... thank God, we are not Gamecocks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. Go Tigers!!!!!!***

Dec 28, 2009, 5:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . .

Dec 28, 2009, 5:18 PM

for many years is the edge over USC and nothing more, but that, in and of itself had sufficed the fan base and made everyone happy, but when that was gone, there would be problems; USC remains, none of us have to relive the past, all must face the future, nothing is certain - g&b

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you learn that at journalism school at Carolina?

Dec 28, 2009, 5:26 PM

I don't even know what you just said. I think you just said that y'all will still suck and we will probably still win most all the games between us though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I think you understood just fine, . . .

Dec 28, 2009, 5:29 PM

;)

That may be what saved Tommy Bowden's job but it does not

Dec 28, 2009, 5:27 PM [ in reply to I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . . ]

keep us happy. We are not happy. We realize it is pathetic that we have not won the ACC since 1991. You think that all we have to do is beat you people and that pain goes away? You think any of us were thinking about our rivalry when we were playing for the ACC championship?

You are right to say that your terrible history has made us feel better, and we would be much worse off if we had not dominated you so thoroughly... but don't forget who you are. You are one of those very coots who make us feel better. Even if our happiness does come from your failure, is that as sad as being that very failure?

If you were an honest person you would admit that you thought the corner was being turned in this rivalry every time you beat us. 2001, you must have thought, was the beginning of a NEW ERA! haha. Spurrier was going to usher in a NEW ERA! haha again. He still has a losing record against us, after half a decade. Think about it.

The day you give up on Coot athletics is the day you can create shame for a Clemson fan. We all know that is a huge goal of yours so maybe you should consider walking away from the very program that is the source of your frustration with us.

This is beautiful....the only rivalry in the country that

Dec 28, 2009, 5:35 PM

comes close to the Tigers and those jokes in Columbia is Alabama/Auburn....i've lived all over the country and other than us and the Tide/Auburn rivalry, there is no rivalries in this league with this much passion....we don't root for them when they "don't play Clemson because it's good for the state" and all of that BS that other rivalries have going on.....0-11 is not bad enough for that garbage program with no tradition in Columbia. we are lucky to have such an easy rival to despise.....oh, and i grew up in Columbia....haha

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately I've heard from many a tiger fan that beating

Dec 28, 2009, 6:27 PM [ in reply to That may be what saved Tommy Bowden's job but it does not ]

USC is more important than winning the ACC...

IT HASN'T SUFFICED FOR ME!!!

Dec 28, 2009, 5:55 PM [ in reply to I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . . ]

If a coach's only accomplishment here at Clemson is dominating the coots, then that certainly ISN'T enough to keep him here. You saw that with "Tammy" Bowden. He owned your sorry arses, and he's gone. Owning you is something we should expect, but it's far from enough.

You won this year - congratulations for that. You beat us convincingly. Enjoy it while you can because it doesn't happen very often.

Re: I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . .

Dec 28, 2009, 6:29 PM [ in reply to I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . . ]

;)

Do you hate periods?

Dec 28, 2009, 6:30 PM [ in reply to I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . . ]

;)

G & B--would you mind translating that, please!! Doesn't

Dec 28, 2009, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I've said many times that the only thing Clemson has had . . ]

make complete sense to me. Get a copy editor to help you post !!

I believe as a gamecock my standard reply should be...

Dec 28, 2009, 6:37 PM

34-17.

Correct?

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Reluctant but deserved point, for this year

Dec 28, 2009, 6:40 PM

;)

Yes and nicely done.***

Dec 28, 2009, 7:28 PM [ in reply to I believe as a gamecock my standard reply should be... ]

Solid: beautiful summary and on the money ! Indisputable

Dec 28, 2009, 6:37 PM

evidence that we own those birds !! LOL

Re: Ok house coots, lets get something straight...

Dec 28, 2009, 8:12 PM

Chug that koolaid bubba, it makes you feel strong and important. You are a mediocre program at a land grant college in a pitiful conference.

Dec 28, 2009, 10:26 PM

"Re: Ok house coots, lets get something straight...
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 8:12 PM

Chug that koolaid bubba, it makes you feel strong and important. You are a mediocre program at a land grant college in a pitiful conference."

Yep....a "Lowly Landgrant University" that kicks your a$$ about 70% of the time and one who is ranked far, far ahead of you academically by every legitimate collegiate ranking service in the United States.

Sucks to be you even if you do win every 3 or 4 years.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2009, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok house coots, lets get something straight... ]

tough words from a papa roach fan

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You miss the point completely! They are in the SEC! As is

Dec 28, 2009, 8:30 PM

Vanderbilt, Miss St, etc. Oh to be a Gamecock and be able to brag on my conference rather than my team!

none of us have to relive the past, all must face the future

Dec 28, 2009, 8:35 PM

Is this your new way of saying "wait til next year?" Congrats. You beat us this year. Do it in our hosue next year and make it two in a row then start crowing.

What coot fans have a hard time with, is the fact that we...

Dec 28, 2009, 9:25 PM

are in a weaker conference, for the time being. But what must pain them is the fact that they are in the SEC, and ever since they joined they have maintained their status quo. Seems like I remember hearing about how they would make great strides when they joined, they would out recruit us, out coach us, and become our daddies. Add to that, the fact, the coots have had 2 hall of fame coaches. Well, sorry to inform you, coot fans, but the status quo remains. You haven't won a SEC championship, you haven't won your division, you haven't out recruited us, and we will always be your daddy. So, keep crowing, enjoy your mediocre status in your great conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What coot fans have a hard time with, is the fact that..

Dec 28, 2009, 9:28 PM

for them to crow, they have to play a recording of a ghey rooster getting it by a KY Wildcat....

Dec 28, 2009, 10:30 PM

Awesome post! OUCH it hurts to be a coot. This post is point on. But don't feel to bad coots you still have the mighty SEC big brother to hang your hat on.

It is possible that this years victory by the coots

Dec 28, 2009, 10:45 PM

means the worm has turned...but if I were one of the feathered faithful, I wouldn't bet my life on it. You guys have been here before.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic