Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not expecting anyone else to see it this way, but if we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

I'm not expecting anyone else to see it this way, but if we

Nov 17, 2011, 10:16 AM

lose to SCAR then the ACC championship game is going to be bittersweet at best. WE HAVE TO BEAT SCAR for this season to be truly happy.

For our pride, we have to beat SCAR. I would MUCH rather go 12-2 with no ACC championship and a win over the coots than 12-2 with an ACC championship and losing to the coots 3 times in a row.

There is no horrible shame that lasts a whole year in losing the ACC championship game. As a Clemson man, there will be great shame, day in and day out if we lose to the coots again.

I know we have not won the ACC in over 20 years... and I want us to win it. But good lord we can't lose to the coots again. It's just not right.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not expecting anyone else to see it this way, but if we

Nov 17, 2011, 10:17 AM

Completely agree here. We;ll likely be preseason top 10 next season. I can go with another year with out the title and get a good matchup in the peach on new years eve....I can't, however, bear 3 in a row against the cluckers.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed! and love your sig pic.***

Nov 18, 2011, 10:52 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree totally, and your sig pic is stupid.***

Nov 18, 2011, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not expecting anyone else to see it this way, but if we ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Downvote for this guy.***

Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 AM

In the grand scheme of things......

Nov 17, 2011, 10:20 AM

$CU is an insignifiant pimple on a nats a$$. Earning braggbng rights is nice but winning an ACC Championship and earning a spot in a BCS Bowl will do more for the program that beating the Chickens ever will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yep, a BCS bowl > scar. I don't see why we can't do both!***

Nov 17, 2011, 10:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the grand scheme of things......

Nov 17, 2011, 10:24 AM [ in reply to In the grand scheme of things...... ]

Sure it will. But you must not lvie amongst gamecock fans. Those who live in the upstate might not understand. Here in the Pee Dee, after a loss, it's all you can do not to carry a gun around with you every where you go blowing up chickens....

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2011, 10:43 AM

I live in Florence and the Coots here will drive you crazy.So I dont think I can stand another year of their mouths.I have to say also that I rather beat the Coots.But I think we win the ACC and beat the Coots.GO TIGERS

Nov 17, 2011, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: In the grand scheme of things...... ]

coots deserve no respect nor attention. They are to be ignored and, preferably, to be avoided at all times. They are not a factor. Nothingness personified. Never acknowledge them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2011, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: In the grand scheme of things...... ]

> Sure it will. But you must not lvie amongst gamecock
> fans. Those who live in the upstate might not
> understand. Here in the Pee Dee, after a loss, it's
> all you can do not to carry a gun around with you
> every where you go blowing up chickens....
>
>
> Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area.It's the same as you described in the upstate too.

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Can we beat NC State first??***

Nov 18, 2011, 11:54 AM

Think about this argument....

Nov 17, 2011, 10:26 AM [ in reply to In the grand scheme of things...... ]

Gamecock fan: Clemson sucks.
Clemson fan: Well, we won the ACC and went to a BCS Bowl Game.
Gamecock fan: Scoreboard says... that would have been US in the ACC championship game we were in the ACC Atlantic and we proved it by beating you yet again.
Clemson fan: Whatever, we are in a BCS game.
Gamecock fan: Just be glad we are not in your conference. THREE IN A ROW!!!

Moral of the story? As a Clemson fan... the result of the SCAR game will creep into your mind WAY MORE OFTEN for the next year of your life than the ACC championship game. You won't be allowed to enjoy it because of the asterisk of us losing to the coots and them reminding you.

$CU fans are some of the most deluded and ignorant ....

Nov 17, 2011, 12:11 PM

on the planet. The only people who care what some $CU fan thinks is some other moronic $CU fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely - from a pragmatic, over-all program perspective.

Nov 17, 2011, 11:25 AM [ in reply to In the grand scheme of things...... ]

Winning the ACC and a BCS bowl is the most important thing. But on a personal level, beating the coots means a lot to most Clemson fans. I know it does to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They're not insignificant. Especially if we lose a third in

Nov 18, 2011, 10:53 AM [ in reply to In the grand scheme of things...... ]

row to them. That would make Clemson even more insignificant if we can go 7-1 vs the ACC and still cant beat those stupid chickens.

Nov 17, 2011, 10:26 AM

Agree with the original poster.

I remember in 2009 everyone was saying how insignificant the SCAR game was because we were contending for our first ACC title in 18 years the next week. Well, we lost to SCAR, and it was crushing to the fanbase. You don't realize just how important that game is until you lose it. We can't lose 3 in a row to them. That absolutely will put a big damper on the season no matter what we do the next week. For us to have a "great" season, we have to beat SCAR.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, there has been a cloud over the program ever since

Nov 17, 2011, 10:28 AM

that 2009 game. I felt WAY better after 2004 as a Clemson fan LIVING IN GEORGIA than I did after 2009 when we won 9 games.

We are in an intense rivalry. We have to win that #### game.

Win em all!***

Nov 17, 2011, 10:36 AM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he said***

Nov 17, 2011, 10:40 AM

Nov 17, 2011, 10:41 AM

Agree completely. I live in Columbia, and this is my stance EVERY SINGLE YEAR. We can go 13-1, but if that one loss is to USCe, the season is a failure in my eyes.

2 in a row is embarrassing enough. Losing this one with Connor freaking Shaw at QB and Brandon Wilds at HB is unacceptable. Period.

I go back and forth

Nov 17, 2011, 10:45 AM

I really REALLY want a 10-win season and an ACC title; but the thought of having to live here and deal with Gamecocks winning 3 in a row is almost unbearable. It might be different if I lived halfway across the country and didn't see them every single day. It's hard to say which outcome I want worse (win the title or beat USC), so I just assume we're going to achieve both of them. There is no other way to think about it.

We haven't won a major bowl since 81, or won an ACC

Nov 17, 2011, 10:46 AM

title since 91, so I would be very happy and could say to all the chickens kiss the ring

And the last two years have been the worst of that time.

Nov 17, 2011, 10:52 AM

Telling them to kiss the ring would delight them because they are convinced that the ACC is a joke of a conference. Beating it's best team is only going to prove that to them even more. They will say we are delusional in wrapping ourselves up a crappy conference title.

Plus, the only that that matters in a rivalry is scoreboard. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

I have suffered more that last two years as a Clemson fan than I have since the early 90's.

Maybe if we beat them last year I would see it differently. But if they beat us three in a row we are officially fans of the inferior football program in the state. We can't let that happen.

I have to agree with you.

Nov 17, 2011, 10:54 AM

I lived in Georgia for a while and my opinion was a bit different then (we lost to SCar and played for the ACC Championship - but I didn't have to hear the smack talk). Now, I'm back in Cootlumbia and I can't tolerate it much longer. We HAVE to beat SCar! We are playing for our conference Championship, they are not - that is already set in the books (they can't harass us if we beat them and lose the ACCCG).

"I would MUCH rather go 12-2 with no ACC championship and a win over the coots than 12-2 with an ACC championship and losing to the coots 3 times in a row." -a few years ago, I wouldn't have agreed with that - but after the past two years, this statement has never been more true.

But we DO need to beat NC State first! We don't need to give the coots another reason to harass us up until next Saturday, 10-1 is a huge breakthrough for this program.

Call me what you want, but if we lose to the coots

Nov 17, 2011, 10:58 AM

I couldn't care less about the ACC championship game.

The USuC game is the key to our season.

There's something in these hills.

That doesn't make sense at all....

Nov 17, 2011, 11:31 AM

You're telling me you rather go 1-11 with a win over the coots than 12-1 with a loss and an ACC Championship?

Re: That doesn't make sense at all....

Nov 17, 2011, 11:36 AM

No where in that post did he say he'd be ok with going 1-11......

Thank you CU@TFL.***

Nov 17, 2011, 11:41 AM

No where in my post did I say he'd be ok with 1-11

Nov 17, 2011, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: That doesn't make sense at all.... ]

Kinda hard to correct someone by misquoting them. The key word is "rather." Nice try though.

Re: No where in my post did I say he'd be ok with 1-11

Nov 17, 2011, 11:53 AM

You asked him if he was "telling you" he'd "rather" go 1-11....

Either you are blind and your computer voice software sucks and you sincerely didn't know what he was saying....or you were insinuating he said he would be ok going 1-11.....which he no where even close came to saying....

I really don't feel like I should have to explain this to...

Nov 17, 2011, 12:02 PM

an adult but I will.

"Rather" is not a synonym for "ok with" or "enjoy" as you implied I said.

If I said "Would you rather have cancer or diabetes?" it doesn't mean you'll "be ok" with or "enjoy" either. It signifies a preference. This isn't rocket science kid. They taught this in middle school.

Re: I really don't feel like I should have to explain this to...

Nov 17, 2011, 1:23 PM

My point still stands....

go back to my post and change "be ok with" to "rather" and my point still stands....I don't need some technical nerd to explain posts to me, I understand exactly what you said, I shiouldn't have to explain to you what my point is regardless of "be ok with" and "rather". He never said EITHER...

Of course I don't want to go 1-11, but I really,

Nov 17, 2011, 11:40 AM [ in reply to That doesn't make sense at all.... ]

really want to beat USuC.

If you offer me a SC loss but an ACC championship

Nov 17, 2011, 11:37 AM

I'll take that deal.

But I don't live in SC so I don't have to deal with any of south carolina fans

Re: If you offer me a SC loss but an ACC championship

Nov 17, 2011, 11:39 AM

"But I don't live in SC so I don't have to deal with any of south carolina fans"

Exactly....

Winning the ACC is looked on by the rest of the nation like winning the NIT...

This season and this season alone, Id' rather beat down the coots and take my chances at an At large bid or a match up with UGA or Ark in the Peach. Only because it would be 3 in a row. Once we break their streak of wins, I'll be glad to take the ACCCG.

Let VT know how unimportant winning the ACC is every year...

Nov 17, 2011, 11:53 AM

Funny that they are consistently a top 10 team (voted on by the NATIONAL media) by winning the ACC.

Re: Let VT know how unimportant winning the ACC is every year...

Nov 17, 2011, 11:55 AM

We're a top 10 team right now and we haven't won it in 21 years....I don't follow....

"Winning the ACC is looked on by the rest of the nation....

Nov 17, 2011, 12:05 PM

like winning the NIT"

Its just simply not true. VT is a top 10 team every year by winning the ACC. Simple as that.

Re: "Winning the ACC is looked on by the rest of the nation....

Nov 17, 2011, 1:21 PM

No you're correlating two different irrelevant things. VT is top 10 because they win games. GT won the acc in 2009 and was not top 10. We're top ten because we're 9-1.

Wrong, VT is a top 10 team every year because they're good

Nov 18, 2011, 10:59 AM [ in reply to "Winning the ACC is looked on by the rest of the nation.... ]

and usually go 10-3 or 11-2 every year. Winning the ACC has absolutely zilch to do with them being top 10. The ACC is seen as a laughing stock nationally, a quarter notch above the big least.

See how they feel if UVA beats them back to back***

Nov 17, 2011, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Let VT know how unimportant winning the ACC is every year... ]

They did lose to JMU last year and ECU the year before...

Nov 17, 2011, 12:06 PM

I'm guessing losing to Furman would be on par with losing to SCAR.

Lucky for you. I live in coot central and them beating

Nov 18, 2011, 10:57 AM [ in reply to If you offer me a SC loss but an ACC championship ]

us two in a row is totally unbearable. all their chicken squawking about how they've passed us and how we're nothing now is utterly embarrassing. But if it reaches three in a row, I cant even imagine how bad it'll be here.

Nov 17, 2011, 11:50 AM

AGREED. i live in columbia and we absolutely CANNOT lose to USC 3 years in a row. Everytime I wear a clemson shirt, I get at least one nasty remark per day.

I want to turn the corner, loosing the ACC or to USuc will

Nov 17, 2011, 12:00 PM

prevent that in my opinion.

If we can win BOTH - there will be some amazing things happening in people's heart and minds. And the $$$ will flow from Fans. Recruits will flow in even more and headed into next season will be awesome.

I think if we lose either one of those - a lot of people and media will still feel like we haven't turned the corner, or still not living up to potential.

null

Look, I normally would agree, but we haven't won the ACC

Nov 17, 2011, 12:26 PM

in over 20 YEARS! We still own SC regardless of this years outcome. I want the ACC trophy in Clemson this year.

Believe me. I hate the chickens more than you can imagine, but their future is bleak and ours is bright. We will dominate them over the next 10 years.

Nov 17, 2011, 12:27 PM

We have a game in Raleigh that I am more interested in now. Next week I will worry about Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Nov 17, 2011, 1:02 PM

All this talk about scenarios and having to decide, etc. etc. is getting old. Just win them all. No excuses.

Beat State, Beat State,.....

Nov 18, 2011, 10:11 AM

Beat the ####### H**l outta State.

That is all

SCar is most important game every year!!!! Hate them...

Nov 18, 2011, 10:17 AM

########.

Why worry about it?

Nov 18, 2011, 10:21 AM

Feathers are going to fly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

In my opinion

Nov 18, 2011, 10:35 AM

1st ACC championship in 21 years > beating USC for the ?65th time?

1) ACC Title
2) Orange Bowl Champ. (finish the season with @ least 2 wins)
3)USC state champs, end 2 game losing streak
4) NCSU possible 13 win season and top 3 final ranking.

If you have lived in SC your entire life, you would probably

Nov 18, 2011, 10:41 AM

rather beat the coots than win the ACC if absolutely given the outright choice.

However, if you went to Clemson and just moved here for school I can see how you might see it the other way.

If you grew up in SC and almost 100% of your friends are either Taters or Coots, its very hard to get through the year when your team lost. They just pound on you all year long. Everytime a coot team plays Clemson you hear about it. Doesn't matter if Clemson wins. They might call you and be like yea you sure kicked our ### in sky diving this year, but I bet you would trade that BS sport for a win against us in football. Same goes for every time we play them ######## in any sport. From baseball to bowling to pool to girls swimming.

It's really hard to lose to them and deal with it for an entire year.

Thats just my opinion.

absolutely!***

Nov 18, 2011, 10:46 AM

Nov 18, 2011, 10:48 AM

Beating USC should be top priority

They have 2 weeks to gameplan for us this year...and no championship to play for (other tham the state)

We have to bring it or a loss will result

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. We absolutely must beat the chickens this year***

Nov 18, 2011, 10:51 AM

Judging from the comments on T-net after the 2009 loss,

Nov 18, 2011, 11:36 AM

and how long into 2010 it was discussed, definitely far more angst over losing to USuC than not winning the ACC. At least for this group.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I am greedy

Nov 18, 2011, 11:52 AM

and I think we really have to win both. As far as USuC, we must beat them to maintain our lead in recruiting. As far as the ACCCG, championships are what its all about.

Our team has made great strides this year but we still have many weaknesses, particularly in the O and D lines. The team seems a little weary also.

Hopefully we have enough gas in the tank to win these next three games. In my opinion, this is the next measure of whether we are truely turning the corner, that being the mental toughness to finish it out.

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic