Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swofford makes no logical sense in anything he does.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Swofford makes no logical sense in anything he does.......

May 21, 2009, 4:30 PM

1.Boston College in the ACC...What a genius idea...we will capture the Boston t.v. market. Nobody up there watches college sports...half the time the ABC regional map has a different game on up there than the ACC game.

2. No North/South Divisions...Majority of people can't name which teams are in which division...Are we in the Atlantic or Coastal? Really retarded.

3. Championship games in Jacksonville and Tampa? I'm fully expecting a bid from Gillete Stadium in Boston soon....I'm sure UNC and FSU would fill that Bad Boy up.
Why not have it at the Meadowlands...we could capture the Jersey/NYC t.v. audience.

4. Round Robin baseball tourney....Blows

5. This dude is the head of the BCS commitee...Nuff said.

Is this freakin tarhole the ACC commish for life or what?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

apparently he is....

May 21, 2009, 4:32 PM

unless you kill him!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add to that No Divisions in Basketball

May 21, 2009, 4:39 PM

We have divisions in every other sport but not basketball ball, boy that makes sense.

UNC grad and fb player

May 21, 2009, 5:04 PM

Pretty obvious the way things are run there were numerous concussions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swofford makes no logical sense in anything he does.......

May 21, 2009, 5:08 PM

1. Boston College was a wonderful coup by the ACC/Swofford. I don't get the attraction for them because they have to travel so far for every away game.

2. The divisions are very close in football every year so why the beef? I like the setup.

3. I agree somewhat here, but Atlanta is the best place for it and it's taken. Very few ACC teams travel well and it's going to do bad in most places most years.

4. I'm undecided on the round-robin. Any double elilination type tourney is retarded a lil'.

5. I agree. I love college football and the way it is now, but a playoff will be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Divisions and championships (longish)

May 21, 2009, 5:46 PM

About the only thing they did good I think are the divisions. If you obviously don't know what division you are in and follow your team even barely moderately...then you just need to give up. Putting them in North/South would be a terrible idea. Baseball.....yeah South wins every year and beats up on each other because Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson would be in the same division and probably Duke and either Wake/NCSU which can have very good years here and there. Where as the north has MD, UVA, BC, VT, UNC, and the other NC school. Who would have it easier.....Same exact thing with football...traditionaly although then the North MIGHT would have a decent chance some years with VT, BC, MD...FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT should dominate that as well.

See no reason for divisions in basketball. SEC and maybe Big XII do it...but I think its much better how it is now where the top 4 teams get a bye. As opposed to having some solid teams having to play the first day even though they have the 3rd best record

Having the Championship game in Jax/Tampa was a good idea with best of intentions but failed...time to move it to Charlotte/Baltimore/DC. Putting it in Florida where you have supposed good weather (although rare in Jax) and making it as a reward for fans/players was a good idea. But after subpar attendance move it to Charlotte. It could easily be cold, possibly rainy, and miserable...but people will come and have a good time getting to see their teams play for a Championship. May not get hotel sales, but at least you'll get ticket sales.

HOW DARE YOU!

May 21, 2009, 7:48 PM

Dont you realize he just got us a tie in with the GMAC Bowl!?!?!? Are you seriously telling me that you dont fall down respecting a guy that can get us in a bowl game to play the likes of Akron!?!?! I would pay double to watch the UVA VS Central Michigan Game!

John Swofford for life!!!!!

ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic