Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love all this Plyler bashing....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I love all this Plyler bashing....

Feb 16, 2010, 11:16 AM

Supposedly grown men behind keyboards are calling out a guy whose identity and opinions are very much public. Funny.

Given the chance to announce your opinions to a significant portion of sports fans, I'd wager a great deal that the vast majority of you would either 1) tuck tale and not take the opportunity or 2) fall flat on your face.

For some reason people feel like it's not OK to simply disagree anymore. You now have to degrade and insult when you disagree, and do so in a shouting manner.

I don't always agree with Mickey and I don't particularly think he's the creme de la creme of sports talk radio, but I'd rather listen to him than probably anyone who is on TigerNet criticizing him.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now there is an idea.

Feb 16, 2010, 11:17 AM

The Tigernet radio show, with different guests.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh that would be grand

Feb 16, 2010, 11:19 AM

Do you have any idea how stupid Clemson's fan base would sound if people actually tuned into that?

I might pay money to listen to that train wreck.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know i would. Part Springer, Part Maury, Part Hannity***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:21 AM

Thanks and I'll hang and and listen!***

Feb 16, 2010, 12:50 PM [ in reply to now there is an idea. ]

isn't that kinda what you are doing? lol***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:18 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I wouldn't trade places with Mickey at all

Feb 16, 2010, 11:23 AM

and I'm ok with admitting that I don't want my identity nor my opinions verbalized to thousands of listeners.

I don't think I know enough about sports or about Clemson to be in such a position, and therefore will not criticize a guy who is in that role. I have no problem admitting that I don't know as much as Mickey, even if I feel I disagree with him.

The problem is we've got guys who can't do the job who are criticizing a guy who can. As a guy who can't do the job, I'm criticizing those who are in the same boat as me, yet think they are elite sports geniuses.

Not quite the same thing.

I'm talking about anonymously calling people out behind

Feb 16, 2010, 11:25 AM

the safety of the keyboard...i appreciate the irony is all :)

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

you mean his real name is not PalmettoFace?***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My real name is T_I_P***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:27 AM

mine is jonnyboy***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:28 AM

I understand that, but I think it's slightly different

Feb 16, 2010, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I'm talking about anonymously calling people out behind ]

Again - I can admit that I don't want my identity public, and that I don't have the balls or the knowledge to create my own radio show and put everything that I am into the hands of something as unstable as public opinion.

I'm criticizing anonymous people anonymously. The Plyler bashers are criticizing a public figure anonymously. I don't think the situations are the same. If you do, that's fine.

I do...but don't you think Plyler gets paid for his opinion?

Feb 16, 2010, 11:39 AM

I think if your ego is big enough to air your opinions publicly then your ego should be big enough to handle disagreement/ridicule.

It apparently is since i don't see him crying so no harm, no foul.

Absolutely

Feb 16, 2010, 11:53 AM

It's not like anyone is holding a gun to his head.

This is the life that Plyler chose to live, and from what I understand, most of the crap he catches is from TigerNet - which I have a hard time believing actually affects him. It's TigerNet, after all. There's a lot of radical, uninformed talk on here.

Plyler doesn't seem to take criticism harshly, and for that, I applaud him. Regardless of my disagreements with a lot of what he says, he seems like a pretty level-headed, smart guy.

I just don't see the hard part about simply saying, "I disagree with Plyler, and I do so on such-and-such grounds." People, for whatever reason (and this doesn't just apply to Plyler), feel the need to verbalize their disagreements in very distasteful, abrasive ways. I just don't see the point.

Maybe I missed it, but nothing has seemed too disasteful

Feb 16, 2010, 1:13 PM

to me.

No more distasteful than Mickey calling out Barker and TDP. He thinks they aren't doing their job. Some think he isn't doing his. What's the difference?

Im willing to bet that you bashed Bowden anonymously***

Feb 16, 2010, 6:04 PM [ in reply to I understand that, but I think it's slightly different ]

He is criticizing TDP and Barker, who is doing a job he CANT***

Feb 16, 2010, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't trade places with Mickey at all ]

Ouch, my brain! The irony hurts my brain! ******

Feb 16, 2010, 1:12 PM

null

He doesn't bother me at all.

Feb 16, 2010, 11:20 AM

I stand by the hilarity of my earlier comment that talked about his marijuana views, though, and then to hear him not long after go on and on about how brave ARoid was with his admission, it was kind of funny and redickurous at the same time, but you are right. He is given a platform and handles it better than probably most of us here would.

I agree. I would not do well

Feb 16, 2010, 11:21 AM

I don't know enough about recruiting,nascar and some other stuff to have a good radio show.

But if I was allowed to have a tennis radio show...Y'all better watch out.

Glad you are enjoying it!***

Feb 16, 2010, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...Then you are in luck****

Feb 16, 2010, 12:38 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might fall flat on my face, but by-God I would fall on

Feb 16, 2010, 1:16 PM

my face using correct spelling and grammar.

oh, and my show would be really classy too.***

Feb 16, 2010, 1:17 PM

Re: I love all this Plyler bashing....

Feb 16, 2010, 5:14 PM

Mickey would be harmless enough if he did not periodically #### in to the fan and get it all over everyone else...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love all this Plyler bashing....

Feb 16, 2010, 6:57 PM

I'll just have a bottle of whine,bartender.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic