Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler tells it like it is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,155

Plyler tells it like it is

Mar 27, 2009, 10:58 AM

I know many of you on here love to bash Mickey Plyler every chance you get,and I don't always agree with everything he says,nor should I,but he doesn't mind telling it like it is. Yesterday he hit the nail on the head! I am very fortunate to have a great deal of experience in administration and coaching at the high school level,and yes academics and athletics can both succeed. The lack of championships over the last few years is really pathetic considering the passion Clemson fans have and the success rates in the '80's and '90's. It is time for the President and the Board of Trustees to take a more visible and positive stance regarding athletics. Thanks,Mickey,for telling it like it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our olympic sports have gone down the crapper where they

Mar 27, 2009, 11:05 AM

used to be incredible for the most part. When I was in school, I think we have 6-7 sports win the ACC one of the years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're right old man***

Mar 27, 2009, 3:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Plyler tells it like it is

Mar 27, 2009, 11:16 AM

While I agree that it has been frustrating with the lack of success recently, Mickey's blog had no real substance and was poorly written at best. For something that took him like 5 months to finally publish, it was pretty weak.

Plyler can say anything because he has no accountability.

Mar 27, 2009, 11:16 AM

Like the BoT and President can hit a magic, "let's win every thing and be #1 in every thing" button.

If Pyler THINKS he has the solution, perhaps he should apply for an administrative position instead of being a loud mouth on the radio.

NO thanks mr “Who cares about being a good school” Plyers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My friend

Mar 27, 2009, 11:20 AM

That is exactly why he can say the things he does. The MEDIA, gotta love them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bets part is, he GETS PAID

Mar 27, 2009, 11:26 AM

Probably gets free stuff all the time too.
Gets to go to games for free

IS there be a better job?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Didn't Steve Martin say that.....The most amazing thing is

Mar 27, 2009, 11:57 AM

I get paid for doing this.....that was hilarious ....couldn't find it on youtube

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

That's rich. A poster on a message hiding behind a screen

Mar 27, 2009, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Plyler can say anything because he has no accountability. ]

name complaining about about a radio personality not having accountability. Don't you think his credibility is his accountability. Basically, he signs everything he says and stands behind it.

even more rich...an poster hiding behind his screen name

Mar 27, 2009, 12:07 PM

bashing another anonymous poster for bashing plyler

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

even more rich...a poster hiding behind his screen name

Mar 27, 2009, 12:16 PM

bashing another anonymous poster for bashing another anonymous poster for bashing plyler

even more rich....a poster hiding behind his sceenname

Mar 27, 2009, 12:17 PM

bashing an anonymous poster, bashing an anonymous poster, bashing an anonymous poster bashing mickey plyler.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I'm confused....who's da debil?***

Mar 27, 2009, 12:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Foosball is da debil***

Mar 27, 2009, 1:21 PM

if i got paid to post my identy i would gladly do so

Mar 27, 2009, 12:28 PM [ in reply to That's rich. A poster on a message hiding behind a screen ]

If i was on a radio show getting paid to say whatever, i am sure some of you would follow every word.

At no time did i bash him in my post.
Fact 1: he has no accountability, no responsibility.
Fact 2: he can say any thing he wants.
Fact 3: If he truly did have any credibility or accountability he would put himself in a position to exercise those credentials.
Fact 4th: he did say on 1 of the few occasions i listened to him that he does not CARE about Clemson's education ranking. That is when his credibility went to zero in my book.

Re: if i got paid to post my identy i would gladly do so

Mar 27, 2009, 2:40 PM

your "facts" are far from truth..

1. he does have accountability to his listners, but more importantly his sponsers and his bosses at the radio station and on his blog.

2. He cannot say anything he wants without some form of reprocussion but of course we can all say what we want

3. ? ??????????????????

4. you should have listened this morning because he clearly stated that academics are extemely important, moreso than sports, but both could be equally successful and not at odds with one another...

but its fun saying "fact" then making #### up..

watch me try it

fact: GeeVille Tiger is a #### from greensboro arkansas..

"he did say on 1 of the few occasions i listened to him"

Mar 27, 2009, 3:02 PM [ in reply to if i got paid to post my identy i would gladly do so ]

is where YOUR credibility goes to zero as far as comments about Mickey!

If you rarely listen, how the heck would you know???

Maybe it's time for the President to be held accountable*****

Mar 27, 2009, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Plyler can say anything because he has no accountability. ]

the ppl who do not care about academics never attended CU

Mar 27, 2009, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Plyler can say anything because he has no accountability. ]

The way Plyer talks about sports sometimes it’s hard to believe that he attended here. He's just one of those jock sniffers who think Dabo or any other coach for that matter cannot do wrong. The people who hate Barker have only seen Clemson on the weekends. Plyer lost all credibility with me when he said Danny Ford should not have been fired. That tells me all I need to know about him.

It's getting harder to write that check to IPTAY with each

Mar 27, 2009, 11:17 AM

year that passes. Clemson has too much going for it not to be more successful in athletics.

We'll leave the light on.***

Mar 27, 2009, 11:19 AM

bye***

Mar 27, 2009, 1:47 PM [ in reply to It's getting harder to write that check to IPTAY with each ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people on tigernet HATE when others tell it like it is

Mar 27, 2009, 1:46 PM

they prefer to keep their orange shades on and act like everything's well and good.

Clemson's lack of championships/championship game appearances is pathetic considering the fanbase/money it has pouring into the athletic department compared to it's size......rico made this a point on his call into mickey this morning.....and was dead on.

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic