Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am happy for TO and The Dunk.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I am happy for TO and The Dunk.....

Feb 11, 2009, 12:22 PM

That boy catches so much crap from everybody. When he misses a shot or two, the crowd starts ranting about his shot selection. When he hits one or two, crowd yells for him to shoot. The refs always got to have a litte talk with him for hustling a little too much. He throws a pass to the middle where a big man fails to cut down the lane and everyone criticizes him for making stupid passes. He misses a running two hand dunk at the end of the most remarkable blowout win in Clemson basketball history and everyone laughs at him. He then slams home a standing two hand dunk at the end of a hard fought win on the road for a historical third consecutive 20 win season, and somebody has to jump on his case for being unsportsmanlike. My advice to TO : You just keep playing, and like Coach Purnell says , Keep On Truckin', Baby.. .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only thing that would have made it better

Feb 11, 2009, 12:40 PM

is if the backboard exploded into a million pieces by the force of dunkenstein's mega jam and glass fell like rain onto the court

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Wants TO to make it rain^^^***

Feb 11, 2009, 2:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am happy for TO and The Dunk.....

Feb 11, 2009, 12:41 PM

Right on, Bid Daddy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen***

Feb 11, 2009, 12:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on, Big Daddy***

Feb 11, 2009, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am happy for TO and The Dunk.....

Feb 11, 2009, 12:46 PM

Just like in football - my feeling is that until the other team quits trying to cut the score difference, we should continue to score too , at least to a point. If a team keeps fouling to try to get back in a game that is out of hand , nobody misses free throws on purpose to keep from running up the score . Hey! If they want the game to be over and not to lose by more points , let them hold the ball until the clock runs out.Last night we scored 7 points on one trip down the court- we were not so far ahead that 2 more points looked like running up the score .If we were up by 27 like against Duke , maybe so, but I still would have liked to have seen a 3 at the buzzer against them because of past games .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's NOTHING unsportsmanlike about scoring points........

Feb 11, 2009, 12:51 PM

don't care if it's baseball, football, basketball, darts, etc........

nor do I care if you are up 1 point or 50 points. The object of MOST sports are to SCORE........PERIOD!!!!

the job of the opposing team is to STOP their opponents.

Ms. Oglesby??***

Feb 11, 2009, 12:57 PM

really good post...

Feb 11, 2009, 12:57 PM

I might get all my scoks to vote for you too...lol

I agree with it though.... TO does take a lot of crap..

Nice post, but I missed it, who was giving him crap?

Feb 11, 2009, 1:29 PM

because whoever that was needs to get a freakin clue.

Some people on TigerNet were calling it classless last night

Feb 11, 2009, 1:57 PM

Can you believe that, Clemson fans on TigerNet complaining about something so insignificant? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree, there is no way that dunk was "classless."

Feb 11, 2009, 1:56 PM

Now if he had dunked, hung on the rim, grabbed his nuts, and ran back down the court flipping off the BC crowd then THAT would be fodder for discussion. But a simple dunk?!? Come on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

BC got the points back by scoring at end. How many times in

Feb 11, 2009, 2:15 PM

our less than dominating basketball history have we had to watch some guy's exclamation point dunk at the end of a blowout. BC kind of faded fast at the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic