Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take a moment to thank The Tigers.........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,007

Take a moment to thank The Tigers.........

May 24, 2004, 8:55 AM

Take a moment to send the Tiger Tennis teams a quick email thanking them on great seasons. Hopefully this season will become the norm in bringing the Tiger Tennis programs back to their glory years of the 80's.

Every time I call in on Tiger line after a match you hear both of these coaches thanking the fans for all of their support. If you really want to hear a heart felt thank you, then listen to Coach Harris on Tiger line after the UCLA lost. This lady poured her heart out thanking everyone along with how much she loves coaching at Clemson University. Now it's your chance, give The Tigers a little love back with an email.

Women’s Tennis - Coach Nancy Harris nh@clemson.edu

Men’s Tennis - Coach Chuck Kriese kriesec@clemson.edu

* Note: I even made it easy for you by setting up the HTML with "Congratulations on a great season" in the subject matter. So you can just click on the email addresses listed above and send.

------------------------------------------------------------

Some News and Notes

Women's Tennis

* Reached the Final 4 - First Clemson Women's team in any sport to every accomplish this feat.
* Stephanie Leggett ( ex wife of Coach Jack Leggett) is leaving the team as an Admin Asst; moving to Ohio.
* Assured of a final top 5 ranking in the nation, first time since 1986.
* Won the ACC Championship; 1st time since 1987.
* Finish the year 26-4 .867; ranks 3rd best in school history for wins and winning percent.
* Has won 3 in a row against USC, to include ending USC's season.

Men's Tennis

*Coach Kriese credits walk-on Sophomore Brett Twente for turning this team around. After a stretch were the Tiger went 3-8, he says Brett Twente stepped up and started a team run every morning. The Tigers went on a tear after this finishing 10-2 with 8 upsets to their credit.
* Tigers reached the Elite 8 in the NCAA tourney for the 1st time since 1986.
* Most likely assured themselves of a final Top 15 ranking, 1st time since 1989.
* Coach Kriese became the 5th Winningest active coach in college tennis with this season results. Coach K will be entering his 30th year at Clemson in 2005 with an overall record of 591-368.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

DONE! Congrats on a great season and GO TIGERS!***

May 24, 2004, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take a moment to thank The Tigers.........

May 24, 2004, 10:15 AM

Thanks. Done!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you shed some info on

May 24, 2004, 10:20 AM

who the obnoxious Tiger fan was at the Lady Tiger's match versus UCLA? He is an embarrassment to Clemson University and other Clemson fans who were at the match.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what happened?***

May 24, 2004, 10:28 AM

Yes I do know him or atleast think I know who you talk of...

May 24, 2004, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Can you shed some info on ]

I wasn't able to attend the UCLA match but I was there for the Washington match on Friday. I believe you are talking of an Asian man who most Clemson athletes call "#1 Clemson fan". After the match against Washington I personally saw every member of the ladies team go up and hug him, thanking him for coming out to support them along with asking if he would be there on Saturday. He was the most defiantly the talk around the tennis complex among fans from other schools.

You can see him at ALL Clemson non revenue sports from Volleyball, to Swimming and Tennis.

The Washington SID who I was talking with at the match said he wished his school had a few like him that wasn't afraid of showing their vocal support for non revenue sports. He needs to learn a little 'etiquette' through in Tennis!

On a funny note: At the USC/Clemson Men's Tennis match earlier this year. He got in the heads of the USC players/coaches so bad they started mocking him. Finally the ref stepped in and told both sides to cut it out.

Message was edited by: RockSolid®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Sounds like the Chancellor of Arkansas.

May 24, 2004, 10:48 AM

He attends all non revenue sports, but, has no clue as to etiquette of tennis.
I have seen him yell "woo pig" right when someone is about to serve. Or if the ball is close to hitting the baseline, he calls out, during the point.
How do you tell the Chancellor to shut up? :)

Done. Thanks.***

May 24, 2004, 11:27 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic