Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson game on August 30. Just wait and see.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1,960

Clemson game on August 30. Just wait and see.

Jul 27, 2008, 2:44 PM

LINK http://photontorpedotube.blogspot.com/2008/07/alabama-gears-up-for-clemson.html

The bottom line is that The Tide has been pointing toward this Clemson game, and it has prepared for it all summer. They have made the game against Clemson a rallying point for their upcoming season. The SEC will once again rule.

OUR PLAYERS will make CLEMSON players look so funny that night. After the game Clemson players will be walking around in a DAZE. AND gameday being there, HAHAHAHA. They will replay over and over again how Clemson is always over-rated compared to the SEC.

ROLL TIDE----WE ARE BACK.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crimson tide is just another name for a menstrual cycle....

Jul 27, 2008, 2:47 PM

relevant once a month (maybe) and then just gets flushed down the toilet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The body works better with a proper nerve supply.

12 National Championship trophies to your 1***

Did those 12 help against ULa Monroe?...

Jul 27, 2008, 2:49 PM

your point reinforces mine in that you are just crampy.

The body works better with a proper nerve supply.

That was last year.***

Jul 27, 2008, 2:54 PM

When were the 12 NCs?***

Jul 27, 2008, 2:57 PM

Here's a hint: WELL before the ULM loss.***

Jul 27, 2008, 2:57 PM

When you say "WELL" do you mean like 1992 and before?***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the time range I was thinking about...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:13 PM

But what is 16+ years amongst friends?

Re: That was last year.***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:14 PM [ in reply to That was last year.*** ]

And so were your championships....#######

9 wins last season to your 6

Jul 27, 2008, 2:51 PM [ in reply to 12 National Championship trophies to your 1*** ]

Congratulations, you won a bunch of championships before the kids that are playing now were even born, you just roll in with your champiships and see how scared we are going to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Just livin the college dream 2007-2011!

So you admit to having the bigger "has-been" program?***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:12 PM [ in reply to 12 National Championship trophies to your 1*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama?s 12 National Championships Debunked

Jul 27, 2008, 3:46 PM [ in reply to 12 National Championship trophies to your 1*** ]

http://spittingfire.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/alabamas-12-national-championships/

A friend of mine recently e-mailed me this article about Alabama?s so called 12 national championships. Anybody that grows up in Alabama hears this load of ######## about 12 national championships all the time. It?s even more nauseating when you are an Auburn fan. If anyone happens to know who the author of this is please let me know so I can give credit to them.

12 National Championships? ? The Real Story

I just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions about Alabama?s claim to 12 national championships based on fact rather than bias. Credit is given where credit is due.

To clear up confusion, the word retroactive means they went back in time to award the championship.

?TWELVE? national championships is fraudulent, nothing but pure bunk ginned up by the SID Department. Here?s a rundown:

1925 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn?t exist until 1927? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.

The Associated Press Poll has been active since 1936. The AP took their final poll prior to bowl games from 1936 - 1964 and in 1966 and 1967. They took their final poll after the bowl games in 1965 and from 1968 - Current.

1926 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!

1930 National Championship- The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!

1934 National Championship- Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!

1941 National Championship- This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd in the SEC that year. Mississippi State won the SEC title..yet Bama claims a National title!

1961 National Championship- Finally a legitimate NC. .

1964 National Championship- While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.

1965 National Championship- The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.

1973 National Championship- AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games. Yet Bammer has no shame in claiming it of course.

1978 National Championship- AP gives this to Alabama(11-1-0) even though USC (12-1-0) had the better record Guess who Alabama lost to that year? USC!!!!!!!!!. UPI gave the NC to USC.

1979 National Championship- Their second legitimate NC. Their first Unanimous NC.

1992 National Championship- Their third legitimate NC. Their second Unanimous NC.

You can see why people ridicule Bama fans when they talk about 12 NCs. The early ones were awarded by individuals years after the games were played. These weren?t consensus polls but NCs awarded by people that had their own formula for determining champions. Some NCs were given before bowl games that Bama lost. Using Alabama logic, Auburn could claim four national championships. But when Bammers brag they like to say they have twelve and Auburn has one. How silly. The NCAA recognizes 6 NCs for Bama and there are only two NCs that Bama has unanimously. You can?t find an Auburn site claiming four national championships but there are plenty Bama sites claiming twelve.

Debunking the Alabama National Championship myths.

Bama?legends in their own minds!

Please Post this on the main board!!!

Jul 27, 2008, 4:01 PM

I would but you should recieve credit for this find. Awesome!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give it up coot***

Jul 27, 2008, 4:39 PM [ in reply to 12 National Championship trophies to your 1*** ]

There's no chance this guy's a 'Bama fan, he's a coot

Jul 27, 2008, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Crimson tide is just another name for a menstrual cycle.... ]

through and through. Of all the schools in the NCAA who DON'T need to on someone else's board and crow about the SEC or their NC's (except Auburn, maybe).

Poor cooties, always glomming onto the glory of others---cuz they have none.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right... 100% coot***

Jul 27, 2008, 5:20 PM

Clemson is not overrated . . .

Nick Saban is.

Serious question:

Jul 27, 2008, 2:48 PM

Presuming Bama wins the game (and I don't think they will), do you actually think anyone in the SEC besides SC will be cheering "GO SEC!"?

I think Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn have better things to do than root for their conference.

By the way, Clemson is going to win by more than a TD, but the game won't be as close as the score. There will be suicide warnings all over I-20 Westbound after the game for clueless Bama fans wondering how some weak team from the ACC beat their team like a drum.

Luisiana Monroe says hey....

Jul 27, 2008, 2:49 PM

And I would like to see you stop our offense, and score on our defense for that matter.... You and your fans are going to walk in there thinking you are gonna win just because you are Alabama, and that is not the case. You boys dont have a clue what is about to hit you.

Last year, This year the team will break out to the way

Jul 27, 2008, 2:52 PM

BAMA FOOTBALL WAS MEANT TO BE. 12 national championships is what Alabama football is about forget last year. THE Players now are being coached by the highest paid college coach. He is because he is the best college coach.

Better coach with worse players doesnt do you much good***

Jul 27, 2008, 2:53 PM

I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post...

Jul 27, 2008, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Last year, This year the team will break out to the way ]

Relying on history ("12 NCs") to show that Bama is going to win, while at the same time ignoring more recent history (ULM loss).

Awesome.

Moreover...

Jul 27, 2008, 2:58 PM

Both schools have the same number of championships in the last 28 years.

Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:01 PM [ in reply to I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post... ]

Nope

You learn from your past

We got those 12 NC for being the best---like having the best players.

The last past few coaches did not bring in top players. and it showed.

Rememeber who had the #1 recruiting class last year.
Remeber who drew 92,000 to the spring game last year and over 75,000 this year.
(((WHAT did you get????)))))) 18,000??????

So no irony here except how the national press will eat up the Clemson loss. It will be so freaking funny. A rebuiding team from the SEC beats ACC top team.

Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:04 PM

Hey, don't we have some neighbors down the road who also hired a ex-champion with a miserable NFL resume as head coach and managed to fill up their stadium during the spring game? This all sounds so familiar!

Let me make sure I've got it all covered...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post... ]

Bama will win because of:

1) 12 NCs
2) SEC
3) No.1 recruiting class

Yet, Bama losing to a team (ULM) that Clemson destroyed last season has absolutely no bearing at all.

Got it.

So let me get this straight...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post... ]

You're gonna win....because you had more people at your spring game.... Interesting.

GO TIGERS

Soooo, how's your conditioning?***

Jul 27, 2008, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zoe? is that you?***

Jul 28, 2008, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope no one misses the irony in ^^^ post... ]

COOT ALERT, coot alert...this year blah blah blah

Jul 27, 2008, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Last year, This year the team will break out to the way ]

highest paid coach blah blah blah
sec blah blah blah

sounds like a chicken to me...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Last year, This year the team will break out to the way

Jul 27, 2008, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Last year, This year the team will break out to the way ]

Overpaid

#### we don't even belong on the same field as alabama...

Jul 27, 2008, 2:52 PM

they play in the sec! we don't have anybody they'd recruit plus they have the best staff in the nation. we'll be lucky to score. ~~~~~~~

Don't you have anything better to do?

Jul 27, 2008, 2:53 PM

Seriously, don't you own a Bear Bryant blow-up doll or something?

If she lives in Alabama, I'd say no...***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:08 PM

hey watch it lol***

Jul 27, 2008, 7:04 PM

It's okay. I used to live in Alabama...

Jul 27, 2008, 8:57 PM

and it also makes me fully aware of how arrogant and delusional Bama fans are. ;)

I've heard Bama has been "pointing" toward this game...

Jul 27, 2008, 3:02 PM

since 1992.

Clemson is gearing up for the Citadel game.

BAMAJAMA = idiot***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:15 PM

The question really is ......

Jul 27, 2008, 3:16 PM

whether we'll see you back here on August 31st?

are you married to your sister?***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but his daddy is***

Jul 27, 2008, 4:13 PM

Is it true..

Jul 27, 2008, 3:19 PM

when a couple is divorced in Alabama they are still legally brother and sister?

Ask Ga Tech about the Tigers and ESPN Gameday

Jul 27, 2008, 3:49 PM

You thought storms hit the GA Dome for the SEC Basketball Tourney, wait until Thunder and Lightning hit the Dome. The tornados will pale by comparison.

Ya'll had any players arrested in 5 points this weekend?***

Jul 27, 2008, 3:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson game on August 30. Just wait and see.

Jul 27, 2008, 4:01 PM

'round the bowl
Down the hole
Roll turd..err I mean roll tide roll

Mistakes...

Jul 27, 2008, 4:20 PM

While I'm sure the Bama team has this game circled...

Jul 27, 2008, 4:39 PM

I fail to see how you, a Gamecock, know this.

null

hehehe, you're funny***

Jul 27, 2008, 5:05 PM

thanks for giving us the "bottom line" a$$$. Nice job againt

Jul 27, 2008, 5:09 PM

La-Monroe last year.

What a surprise! The blogger is a Gamecock. No bias there.***

Jul 27, 2008, 5:12 PM

Wow....Coot fan posing as a Bama...who could have known?

Jul 27, 2008, 5:30 PM

I have never seen an entire fanbase live vicariously through another affiliation in my life. What chumps!

Is bamajama related to Big Mama Jama?***

Jul 27, 2008, 5:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Is bamajama related to Big Mama Jama?***

Jul 27, 2008, 10:23 PM

...and about as fat between the ears.

Jul 27, 2008, 6:20 PM

He forgot to say how many of those Championships were when the "Bear" was coaching.

Preparing all summer? How's your conditioning...

Jul 27, 2008, 6:26 PM

...Nolesareback?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's simple..... Spot the DANG ball!

Jul 27, 2008, 7:03 PM

settle it on the field...

Take a little suck-suck on this Bummer

Jul 27, 2008, 7:20 PM

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080726/SPORTS0402/807260340/1001/SPORTS

Wanna put a little wager on the game?

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Crickets...***

Jul 28, 2008, 9:04 PM

T-Mailed: more Crickets..***

Jul 28, 2008, 9:04 PM

Jul 27, 2008, 7:27 PM

"Around here, the highly-ranked and overconfident Clemson Tigers have received a media annointing of greatness before the first game is even played."

Well, at least thats not biased.

awwwww nolesareback, I've missed you so much.

Jul 28, 2008, 9:24 AM

Is FSU working out in the sand this summer too??!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 61
| visibility 1,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic