Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My condolences to the Clemson family on the loss of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 816

My condolences to the Clemson family on the loss of

Jul 14, 2008, 9:55 AM

Coach Ibrahim. As a Gamecock soccer fan all my life I obviously grew up really disliking him. of course... I was very young and didn't understand anything except, he coaches Clemson so he's the bad guy.

As I grew up, prolific soccer player that I was, I learned that Coach Ibrahim was a trend setter in the state of South Carolina. He might have coached the wrong team, but he was a man to be admired and respected.

The state of South Carolina has always been and continues to be behind the state of North Carolina, and Georgia in youth soccer development. Thanks to men like Coach Ibrahim, we not any further behind than we are.

Coach Ibrahim took a lot of heat for using so much international talent, especially in the early days at Clemson. But he did not budge on his commitment to create a powerful program, as opposed to pandering to the pressure to use local players. In doing so, he built a program that was to be feared on a national scale. He knew a successful program would do more for the local talent, than allowing local talent to field a losing program in those early days. The result is that by having such a powerful soccer program in our small state, he probably did as much as anyone in this state's history to build interest in the sport I grew up loving.

Guys like Coach Ibrahim never get the credit they deserve until they are gone. The soccer community in SC is a fairly small one. You run into the same people again and again all over the state. They lost someone very important to them, even if they don't even know it.

From a life-long Gamecock and soccer fan, here's to Coach Ibrahim. May he rest in peace.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

'Preciate it!***

Jul 14, 2008, 10:20 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, here's hoping that's the last speech like that

Jul 14, 2008, 10:28 AM

for quite a long time. No matter what affiliation anyone has, it's always sad to see someone pass on. Thanks, Toog.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 816
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic