Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I'll get flamed for this but, (repost)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 759

I know I'll get flamed for this but, (repost)

Nov 14, 2004, 1:12 PM

I don't want us to go to bowl because I don't 6-5 teams deserve to go to bowls. We can all agree that there are too many bowls. I remember when going to bowl meant something, that it was a reward for a great season. Now they pass em out like candy. You had to finish with 8 wins and at least top three in the conference. I, by no means, think a team that finishes lower than fourth should go to a bowl. Mediocrity shouldn't be rewarded. I also don't think that Bowden deserves the bonus he gets for going to a bowl. This is the reason we begged to go to the Humanitarian Bowl. That being said, I do hope we beat the Lamecocks and I bleed Clemson through and through. I will always be a supporter for Clemson, but I don't think we deserve a bowl game finishing 7th in the conference. Now let the flames begin.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

I agree with you 100%. 52 teams go to bowls now

Nov 14, 2004, 1:14 PM

and it's just ridiculous.

Re: I know I'll get flamed for this but, (repost)

Nov 14, 2004, 1:15 PM

no flames from me

I agree, but...

Nov 14, 2004, 1:18 PM

I'll take all the cash I can get from a bowl win for the West End Zone National Defecit. And recruits probably like to see some postseason play, regardless of where it is.

I have personally witnessed recruits laughing at the

Nov 14, 2004, 1:20 PM

humanitarian bowl

Next week is our bowl***

Nov 14, 2004, 1:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000

Nov 14, 2004, 1:24 PM

bonus that he gets for going to a lower tier bowl. Frankly I don't think he's deserved it.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re: My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000

Nov 14, 2004, 1:26 PM

well I am glad you had no say in it. phwew!

You think he deserves it?

Nov 14, 2004, 1:42 PM

You're such a good little lap dog. Now sit up and beg. GOOD BOY!!!!

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Do you really think he cares about that extra money?....

Nov 14, 2004, 2:06 PM

No.

He is much more concerned about the future of our program. You act like he just sticks around to collect money. Bowden loves Clemson and wants us to win in the long run. He was in tears with the thought of having to leave last year.

I think he was in tears because he wouldn't be getting

Nov 14, 2004, 2:26 PM

1.2 million a year.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Shows your ignorance***

Nov 14, 2004, 3:06 PM

Nobody wants to lose their job, it looks bad,

Nov 14, 2004, 3:26 PM

that's why he was crying. Or he was just putting on a good show. Remember, this is the same guy that was about to jump ship a couple of years ago and go to Alabama.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re: My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000

Nov 14, 2004, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000 ]

LOL - good one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you, but I still want us to beat the coots, so

Nov 14, 2004, 1:33 PM [ in reply to My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000 ]

unfortunately it looks like Bowden will be rewarded yet again for a POS season. (assuming we do win)

I hope they beat the coots too.***

Nov 14, 2004, 1:42 PM

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

he should return it to the school along with his salary

Nov 14, 2004, 2:51 PM [ in reply to My main thing is I don't want Bowden to get his $90,000 ]

he has called on fans to show their support for the program so should he. He blames the wez not being done as for why he can not get players. Well the fans did their part most season tix ever sold, 10,000+ went to duke to get embarrassed. Its time for bowden to put something back especially after this pathetic year. He hasnt earned his salary this year thats or sure.

I've thought the same thing. Let him donate it to WEZ***

Nov 14, 2004, 3:24 PM

Extra month of practice more important-

Nov 14, 2004, 1:37 PM

While I generally agree that there are too many bowl games, I think the benefit of this team (and many, many others) qualifying for a bowl game will be the extra month of practice moreso than the bowl game itself.

This team has really shown a lack of execution on offense throughout much of the season. You can debate the merits of our offensive scheme, but as it is it requires timing, rhythm and execution by the skill players. I can't help but think the extra month of on-field practice may be more of a priority and help this team next season than the actual event of going to Boise or wherever to play a bowl game.

what good is the extra practice

Nov 14, 2004, 1:44 PM

when you have two to three months off after the game? You're right back at square one. then you have another three month lay off after that before the season. You should be executing perfectly by the third game. That's up to the coaches.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

No flame...I just think you're wrong.

Nov 14, 2004, 1:48 PM

We want to go to a bowl game...ANY bowl game.

We want and need the additional practice time.

We want the exposure.

We want the players who have played their hearts out to have some sort of reward.

We want our coach to be able to point to multiple years of post-season participation in his recruiting.

We want the money.

You want us to pass up on all of that because you don't like Bowden and the bowl situation doesn't fit your ideal? You want our bowl game to go to one of our competitors so that they can get the practice/money/exposure/reward?

I'm glad to hear you'll "always be a supporter for Clemson," although it doesn't sound like much support to me.

null

Thankfully it's the TEAM's decision, not yours.***

Nov 14, 2004, 1:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Gamecocks SURELY dont belong in a bowl...

Nov 14, 2004, 2:13 PM

we really havent made any progress..I dont know.. maybe a little..we did manage to bear Arky and Bama..thats always a plus..but thats not very much. As usual we find ourselves scratching our heads wondering how will we get past UF and UT. IT really boils down to that, until we raise it to the next level we will continue our annual frustration.

As far the THE GAME this week, you should have no problems with us. We have almost no offense and I know the defense has got to be tired and discouraged. A possible victory over Clemson and winning the bowl game might make things look better--but I am not banking on either of those to occur.

I will not be in Death Valley but wish all of you a safe trip. Not even sure if I will be able to see the game on TV here...in Virginia..they will probably show the Clash of The Titans : Duke vs UNC!!! LOL!!!

Peace Out! and Go Gamecocks!!!

Nov 14, 2004, 2:27 PM

Why do you feel the need to repost? Not sure enough people disagreed with you on the first posting?

Nov 14, 2004, 2:41 PM

So don't go to the bowl and support the Tigers (though you say you "bleed orange"). I looked at all the responses. You people have a lot of venom in you. Go take a run or something to get rid of all your hate.

Fortunately, most of us don't have to perform at a high level all the time. Could you imagine teaching and motivating 80-something teenagers every week, then putting your career in their hands every saturday?

Stay home with your comfortable life and keep throwing stones. It makes you a better person.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you keep striving for mediocrity

Nov 14, 2004, 2:43 PM

Don't try to work hard and accept only what it takes to bet by ok. ;)

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

im 22 and just graduated it wasnt that hard for me to be

Nov 14, 2004, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get flamed for this but, (repost) ]

motivated for the games and I wasnt even playing. How can not being motivated to play a college football game its not like they are playing flag football. Not being able to motivate 20yr olds to play a college football game is a poor excuse.

Replies: 26
| visibility 759
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic