Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,136

Clemson vs South Carolina

Feb 3, 2008, 4:00 PM

I have been commenting too often on the idiocy that is posted by some Gamecock fans on FGF. The twisted logic and gall of the FGF fan base simply boggle my mind, especially when the topic concerns the status and state of the South Carolina and Clemson football programs. I understand that Gamecock fans should seek to cast aspersions, criticisms, and ridicule towards Clemson. Such is the nature of a heated rivalry. What I do not comprehend is the apparent inability of South Carolina fans to engage in self-reflection on their own program. Do they not realize that for every negative statement they direct at Clemson, a worse statement can be made about South Carolina? Think about it.

A) Gamecock fans mock the fact that Tommy Bowden has won nine games in a season only three times in his nine years at Clemson. However, South Carolina has won nine or more games only two times in its entire 115-year history of playing football.

B) FGF fanatics berate Clemson for failing to win a conference title since 1991. On the other hand, SC won its lone conference title in 1969. Moreover, Clemson?s history boasts eighteen conference championships.

C) The FGF faithful belittle Clemson?s ACC schedule, calling it hopelessly weak. They neglect to emphasize that South Carolina hails an overall losing record (.446) against the ACC.

D) FGF posters attribute their poor record against Clemson to the injurious attrition that results from the brutal SEC schedule that precedes the rivalry game (i.e., they are ?beaten up? and ?worn down?). However, South Carolina did not join the SEC until 1992. Before 1992, the Gamecocks had a losing record against Clemson.

E) They mock Tommy Bowden for having a losing bowl record at Clemson. Coach Bowden, though, has won three bowl games in nine years. The Gamecocks have won four bowl games in 115 years.

F) SC fans knock the Tigers for having a losing bowl record since 1992. This is true, but SC fans fail to mention that Clemson has more all-time bowl victories (15) than SC has bowl appearances (13).

G) They regard Clemson as an overrated, underachieving program. While Clemson is definitely not among the football elites, the Tigers have achieved a record of 199 games above 0.500 with respect to wins and losses, eighteen conference titles spanning three different conferences, fifteen bowl wins, and a national championship. South Carolina has amassed a record of two games below 0.500, one conference title, four bowl wins, and no national title. Which program more closely defines underachieving?

I am confident that some of you can list other examples of Gamecock fans throwing rocks in glass houses. For every stone they throw at us, we can probably throw a boulder at them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't I read this the other day?

Feb 3, 2008, 4:06 PM

It was by another poster, wasn't it? German's is one thing, using someone else's germans is another

Message was edited by: Irmite®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite

Feb 3, 2008, 4:16 PM

"We were too beat up by a difficult SEC schedule and thats why we lost to Clemson

Uhh, didn't you guys have an extra week to heal up and prep for the lowly, underachieving Tigers??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they were really really really beat up

Feb 3, 2008, 5:03 PM

:)

Everyone beats them up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs South Carolina

Feb 3, 2008, 4:35 PM

Perhaps we should post this on FGF.....?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Am Banned from the Site...

Feb 3, 2008, 4:42 PM

This happened years ago. I only posted facts about SC and was banned by the moderator.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Am Banned from the Site...

Feb 3, 2008, 4:47 PM

lol, its useless....you know, it wouldnt be so bad if they would just accept facts and not bash us. But oh well, coots will be coots i guess.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs South Carolina

Feb 3, 2008, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs South Carolina ]

im not at all computer smart.so if u will please send the post to those selective memory stupid A$$ coots.just to let them know that usuck, sucks even more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The [i]only[/i] thing that boggles my mind more than FGF...

Feb 3, 2008, 5:36 PM

are the Clemson fans who, knowing exactly what kind of nonsense they are going to be subjected to, choose to go there anyway, and somehow come away stunned by their sheer stupidity. My only knowledge of anything ever posted on FGF is what I've seen re-posted on Clemson boards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,136
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic