Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FIRE BOWDEN!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FIRE BOWDEN!!!!

Nov 8, 2007, 8:34 AM

Funny how a few weeks can change some peoples attitude huh....Seems everyone loves him now! STAY TRUE PEOPLE!

TIGER FOR LIFE! SPOT THE D$%N BALL!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Clemson

Nov 8, 2007, 8:38 AM

my momma
my dad
my girlfriend
my kids

I DON'T love football coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In defense of the "fire Bowden" group...

Nov 8, 2007, 8:39 AM

most of them are still upset about their team giving up 500+ rushing yards to Arkansas.

Re: In defense of the "fire Bowden" group...

Nov 8, 2007, 8:42 AM

I agree, that and the fact that we didnt stumble against Duke. The "fire bowden" group had a rough weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't name..

Nov 8, 2007, 8:43 AM [ in reply to In defense of the "fire Bowden" group... ]

There are several guys on this site who wanted to tar and feather Bowden just a few weeks ago, and now they're back making rah-rah posts and talking about playing for the ACC title. There are actually some guys who want Bowden to fail but the team to succeed. Funny how they don't understand those two things contradict each other. Those are the guys that irk me. Oh well, GO TIGERS!

Re: That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't na

Nov 8, 2007, 8:44 AM

I still think they should fire him

Re: That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't na

Nov 8, 2007, 8:46 AM

well, that just goes to show you dont know too much, but its a free internet, even ctb bashers are allowed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, we could hire a coach with NFL experience

Nov 8, 2007, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't na ]

Like Bill Callahan

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, we could hire a coach with NFL experience

Nov 8, 2007, 8:50 AM

or Charlie Weis

Good Luc....ah, nevermind - I hope the Gators kick your a$$!***

Nov 8, 2007, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't na ]

I'm still in the same position as I was earlier this year.

Nov 8, 2007, 9:48 AM [ in reply to That's true, however, there are some guys who I won't name.. ]

I love Clemson.
I want to win an ACC championship.
I have doubts TB can get it done.
I hope I am wrong.
I have really enjoyed the last three games.

I see nothing wrong with that. ******

Nov 8, 2007, 10:10 AM

null

hmm, interesting correlations I've noticed too.

Nov 8, 2007, 8:46 AM [ in reply to In defense of the "fire Bowden" group... ]

fewer "fire Bowden" people: Are they
A) disgruntled Clemson fans that are/were upset with Clemson's season?

B) SC fans acting like they are Clemson fans?

C) Clemson fans disgruntled about the early success of SC, yet dissappeared after losing 3 in a row? (i.e. were they more upset with SC winning and seemingly "catching up with Clemson" rather than Clemson's performance)

D) Yes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL !!!!!***

Nov 8, 2007, 8:47 AM [ in reply to In defense of the "fire Bowden" group... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

*Does* everyone love him now?

Nov 8, 2007, 8:43 AM

Maybe they've just grown quiet in light of the team's recent success.

There will always be a "Fire" contingent no matter who the coach is or how the team does until we win a national championship.

Re: FIRE BOWDEN!!!!

Nov 8, 2007, 8:52 AM

Come back on Monday.

Box of "Got Spurrier?" t-shirts were donated to Goodwill...

Nov 8, 2007, 8:56 AM

if you're interested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FIRE BOWDEN!!!!

Nov 8, 2007, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FIRE BOWDEN!!!! ]

Dont come back at all.

People change their opinions when.......

Nov 8, 2007, 8:55 AM

he produces results. After the ridiculous embarrassments against GT and VT, there was every reason to complain - there was no reason for the way we beat ourselves.

It's all about results and consistency. If he gets the job done, then there's no reason to complain. But don't criticize people for the way they felt after the VT game.

Sparkling Observations, you should have your own show***

Nov 8, 2007, 8:57 AM

No kidding; where is that jake leg TheObserver?

Nov 8, 2007, 9:00 AM

That guy was an idiot!

What I can't stand is that you can tell there are so many

Nov 8, 2007, 9:00 AM

clemson haters who pose as tiger fans that are just waiting for their chance to pounce on our own. Just waiting for us to lose...so they can get on here and proclaim to the world how Clemson is doomed for Division II football or something.

REMEMBER people we have some big time recruits looking to come here to help us get better and be stronger. WE are in the thick of the ACC race for the championship...Give our coaches and players some credit... win or lose. Lets stay classy clemson, SC

The people that wanted him gone, still want him gone....

Nov 8, 2007, 9:02 AM

I think he deserves another year, no matter what happens

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't worry!!!!!!

Nov 8, 2007, 9:19 AM

Hey, don't worry about it, if he screws this year up too we will still want him gone!!!! I don't quess you know that he is the only ACC coach to keep his job for 7 years or more without winning the ACC in the last 20 yrs. I will be the first to ask for his resignation if we come 1 point from the ACCCG game one more time!!!!!! Go stay true yourself--- We're fans who want to see there team do better than tie for 4th in a 6 team division- fans who paint themselves or dress from head to toe in orange, or...... whatever the saturday ritual is. It's not stupid of fans to ask for the wrongs to be righted for years, and when it is, fans are happy for it---- but I promise if the ship sinks again----you will have hater fans!!!! Thats the name of the game. By the way this is not our jobs, or our families, we have the right to love, hate or abandon on a daily basis, I can't find a gamecock fan anywhere!!! It's all in fun, nobody here can fire Bowden, or hire the next guy--- we just like to think about what if! But, if Bowden can finally get us to that point- then I will be the first to say give the guy an extension, maybe even a raise, but in saying that- I would also expect/ hope for further improvement also. There are 119 teams in div. 1 we should always be in the top 25 (that translates to the top 20% of football programs). No reason not to. You can't convince me that Wake Forrest, South Fla., B.C., Kansas, or Boise St. are recruiting more talented players then Clemson.----- B.C. just had there first ever ESPN top 150 player commit last week. We have 6 on the committed list right now. Thanks......

I wouldn't be too sure about the KANSAS's and South Florida

Nov 8, 2007, 9:30 AM

's of the world not recruiting as talented players. If you check, lets say Furman's team. there was a time where Clemson's players looked significantly different then Furman's. Now..Furman has 6-5, 290 pound O-lineman...6-4 WR's...Everybody has these players now. some have faster guys but if you look around most of the kids now aren't jumping in with FSU and Miami and being content with sitting the bench for 2 years and have their 2 year or year and a half of playing time. Kids are signing in large numbers with other schools who are promising playing time. So I'll tell you..the gap isn't that wide anymore. They want to play. And you can look at all the 4 stars you want... if a kid is a two star but gets to get that experience early on..by the time that 4 star at Florida gets to play that 2 star guy has played 2 years and is producing. Thats why you see APP STATE beating Michigan. There is a gap...but the gap is not that big anymore.

Like I said....

Nov 8, 2007, 10:00 AM

First off- yes you have some good points.. But to even begin to think that APP st. won that hame becuse the are even close to having the talent is a little crazy. Case in point----- Clemson rolls into Durham NC after beating what was it? #5 Miami and loses to the worst Duke team ever!!! I like to call it sleeper sendrome- not because the winner of those types of games are sleepers that can beat you on a good day- but because usually the team that loses is still on the bus... or in the dorm, or focused on the next week. Michigan would never have believed they could lose that game, even if they played the cheerleaders, so the players where probably focusing on the team that Espn said could be in the national championship if the cards fell right-----Oregon. Dennis Dixon is going to win the heisman, he is a dynamic dual threat QB, and I will bet that the deffensive players for Michigan were reading the play scemes for the next week. Also I believe that App St. had the game of the century- everything they did turned golden, it happens. All I was saying is Clemson has more talent, more booster money, better facilities ( Bowden ) than just about any school out there. You will never, never convince me that if Grobe, or Peterson, or even Leavitt had the talent that Clemson has sitting on the bench, that we wouldn't be there year after year. But again, if Bowden can do it--- and hasn't been blowing smoke for 9 years, then he should stay with extra money and new contract. I don't hate Tommy Bowden, I hate watching my team tie for 4th in the division, and watching two teams we beat play for the ACC. I will continue to hate that if it happens again--- and I will pray that the some how, some way Clemson will win it again....

Never said they had better talent but I am saying that teams

Nov 8, 2007, 4:40 PM

as a whole are comparable in size and athleticism. Back in the day there was a noticeable difference in size and speed. I'm saying that gap is closing. Which is why you see South Florida at #2 earlier in the year. They have some players on there team that UF, FSU, and Miami offered but b/c of Playing time and probably grades they opt for South florida. Wake Forest..seem to always have 6-4 WR with good skills and little quick RB's and big offensive lineman. Back 10 years ago there was a difference in size of Wake's players and FSU's players. i'm saying everyone is succeptable to a loss nowadays. There are those special players that keep the big teams ahead but if those players have a bad day and the team follows players for those little schools are better than they used to be and can capitalize alot more than in past days. But there is a differnce in Furman's players 10 years ago and now. Size wise the domination factor isn't there as much

Stayin true.

Nov 8, 2007, 9:30 AM

I am staying true. I still think he needs to go. Down year in the ACC. So down, even Virginia has a shot at the ACC title. A good shot. We should have walked right through Ga Tech and won a close one with Va Tech. He still hasn't shown the ability to win the big games over competitive teams, the games that mean something. He beat CMU, Maryland, and Duke. Woohoo, all miserable teams. Give me a break people. That means NOTHING! All the talent we have, we should be 9-0, 8-1 at the worst. The speed and ability on offense, a defense that stops everything. 9-0/8-1, a lock for the ACCCG and positioning ourselves for a NC run or major BCS bowl. HE STILL HAS NOT WON THE BIG GAMES WHEN THEY MATTER. Period. End of conversation.

Re: Stayin true.

Nov 8, 2007, 9:52 AM

Are you talking about a talented virginia team who had a pretty good recruiting class last year and two potential 1st round draft picks at DEs? Oh, I think that one of the DEs will be a top 5 pick in the 2008 Draft.... Its not really a down year for the ACC, its just that there is more parity in this league then before... No we do not have the FSU of before that no one was close beating in years past, but we do have decent teams... Let's take a look at the SEC.... They have one major win over a BCS conference team (lsu over vt)... All the other games they played against top tier programs from BCS conferences, they lost (USF over Auburn, WVU over MSU, FSU over Alabama).... Give Tommy credit for helping us to atleast compete. We haven't had that opportunity before he was here. And don't bash the ACC to much, our conference is not the Big Ten.

Re: Stayin true.

Nov 8, 2007, 11:10 AM

No Schwab, I'm talking about the UVa team that is 102 in the nation in yards per game on offense, 97th in points per game, 46th in pass yards per game given up, 26th in yards per game given up, 23rd in rushing yards per game given up.

Let him lose 2 out of the next 3..there won't be a lot of

Nov 8, 2007, 9:31 AM

love!

yeah you'd love that wouldn't you?

Nov 8, 2007, 9:35 AM

the only excuse for that type of attitude is that you're a #### fan. Otherwise you're a disgrace to all of Clemson and it sucks to have you at clemson games wearing orange.

Re: yeah you'd love that wouldn't you?

Nov 8, 2007, 9:38 AM

Calling someone a #### fan and a disgrace. Now that's what I call classy.

You're either for us or against us. Get on the train ro get

Nov 8, 2007, 9:41 AM

the he## out of the way!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just the easy thing to do I guess...to complain and

Nov 8, 2007, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: yeah you'd love that wouldn't you? ]

call for coaches to be fired and lets get the back-up QB in here...There is alot of good coming out of Clemson these days on and off the field. I just hate that defeatist, negative attitude. I'm guessing that there are alot Clemson fans that are disgusted that we have a chance at a title. they're more content with insults and pointing fingers then actually supporting those players on Saturdays.

Let all the pointing fingers and staff changes be handled by our administration. All you do on message boards is deter big time recruits from signing on the dotted line with Clemson. Thats all you're doing. so thats why I think you're a "#### fan." Because thats the only group that I percieve would want that to happen.

I don't know if he is a #### Fan

Nov 8, 2007, 9:56 AM [ in reply to yeah you'd love that wouldn't you? ]

because those ##### stick behind their coach winning or losing.... They always have "till next year" to improve their team... He's surely not a tiger man..

Re: I don't know if he is a #### Fan

Nov 8, 2007, 10:26 AM

Being a Clemson fan isn't an exclusive club that has rules--- no matter what kind of fan you are, or who you pull for you have to remember that everyone is welcome to enjoy the game, talk a little smack, and best yet.... Complaining! Complaining, is an outword statment of being dis-satified. There is abosolutely nothing wrong with the people who are not satified by being 4th in the ACC (last year), or losing to USC. There is also nothing wrong with saying hey, we'll get em' next year. I respect both sides, and I hope that the focus for all Clemson fans is the Wake game, and supporting the team we love. I personally am not satisfied by where the team is right this second--- win the ACC, I will be the screaming fool who streaks the Quad. But, not winning the ACC would really aggrivate me, and I would be the guy asking for a change (hopefully we never have a reason to want a new coach or change, and our Tigers win out, =Tommy gets paid-- + HAPPY FANS!).

Re: I don't know if he is a #### Fan

Nov 8, 2007, 10:43 AM

I love on this board how not accepting average finishes year in and year out and not being a "fan" of our head coach because he has had enough time to get us in the national title hunt means I am a ####. I think some of you people just like writing the word ####. It has nothing to do with ####, or bein a ####, or being a #### fan. It has to do with the simple fact that we always use the "next year" ideal. When is it going to be "This Year!!" Harper playing out of his mind, Spiller, Ford (before hurt), token scrappy white guy (Grisham), Davis stepping it up, and a sick D - why not THIS YEAR!!

And I am not a SoCar fan or lover and if you think i am go f*ck yourself.

Just stating fact. If we lose 2 out of 3, this board will***

Nov 8, 2007, 11:11 AM [ in reply to yeah you'd love that wouldn't you? ]

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic