Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Few observations from youth day at Clemson today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 687

Few observations from youth day at Clemson today

Apr 7, 2007, 9:53 PM

A few thoughts, mostly "fluff" as I was with my 1st grade son, a great Tiger fan BTW, and didn't see that much of the scrimmage.

---Dabo Swinney is really good at PR and orchestrated an outstanding event today for young Tiger fans. If he continues to excel at coaching as much as he excels at PR, he'll be somebody's head coach one day, and he'll be a good one.

----The widespread thought at the scrimmage today was James Davis was the James Davis of old. Powerful, strong and very good. One observer said this was the James Davis that can carry a team.

----Cullen Harper is a good player and is our QB. With the very good running game we should have, we can win with Cullen. Also I met him briefly after the scrimmage and was impressed.

----Though Will Korn's stats. weren't great, I thought he was impressive. Made some nice throws. Very quick for a QB and when scrambling, he can out run some pressure, all the while keeping his head up and looking downfield. Also I read earlier that Mickey Plyler commented on the way Korn calls signals. With that, I noticed Korn is very loud, much louder than our other QB's and louder than I remember previous quarterbacks as well.

----D. McDaniel can play. Impressive.

----Ray Ray can play. Looked very solid at running back.

----After the scrimmage, the children (and parents) were allowed to go on the field for autographs. We have a bunch of impressive, polite men playing for us. After meeting a few, you can see why our guys are graduating and representing the university well.

----All the players were nice to the youth, but Ray Ray was something special. As the event ended, he went to the top of the Hill and ran down the hill with the children. Then he entertained about 30 of them, running a couple of races, then trying to see if they could tackle him, eventually letting about 10--20 jump in a big "dog pile" on top of him. Ray Ray would be a really good coach one day. He's good with young people.

---All in all, a first-class day by Dabo Swinney, Coach Bowden and the Tiger football staff. Many thanks.

Message was edited by: Newberry Tiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we dunn smoked it...***

Apr 7, 2007, 10:27 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

w t h are you talking about? This was a good post

Apr 8, 2007, 7:34 AM

about kids at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 687
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic