Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Kelly on radio to talk about dismissal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Chad Kelly on radio to talk about dismissal

May 16, 2014, 9:28 AM

Hi, my name is Sal Capaccio and I'm sports talk host in Buffalo on WGR550AM. First, thanks for Sammy! And CJ! I was a HS coach in Florida for 10 years before moving back to Buffalo (where I'm from) to work in sports media. South Ft. Myers HS was in our district for both football and track for several years and I got the chance to watch Sammy play and run and got to know him a little bit. I know several of his HS coaches, as well. He's a great person and after paying close attention to his career at Clemson, I'm thrilled the Bills picked him.

As far as CJ, we have numerous coaching friends at both Clemson and in Florida where he played. He's become a friend and I'm thankful. Also, a great person. I just hope we keep him beyond 2014 but that's not looking to be the case right now.

Oh, and I knew former Tigers RB Mike Bellamy VERY well, as well. I was really hoping he'd stay on the right path at Clemson, but unfortunately couldn't. Sorry, because his talent was special, like Sammy and CJ.

Now why I'm specifically writing.....tomorrow at 1pm I'm scheduled to have Chad Kelly in studio with me to talk about his dismissal from the Tigers football team, and to essentially "give his side." Of course I'll also ask him about throwing passes to Sammy, but most importantly, the situation(s) that led to Coach Swinney dismissing him. I thought you may be intereseted. If so, you can listen to the show online at WGR550.com. You can follow me on Twitter @SalSports for any updates on the interview (you never know if Chad will decide not to do it, or someone will convince hmi not to in next 24 hours). You can post here or tweet me any questions you'd like me to ask Chad. I can't promise to get to all of them but will do my best to get some things answered (at least from his side).

If not, thanks for allowing me to invade your board here today. Go Bills and Clemson North (Sammy, CJ, Chris Hairston, Jonathan Meeks, Antoine McClain, Darius Robinson)!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st post. need moar coots stink.***

May 16, 2014, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I gave you a pulse..

May 16, 2014, 9:35 AM

feels good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Glad to have you around here.

May 16, 2014, 9:35 AM

I have became quasi-Buffalo fan. Looking forward to hearing the interview. Will it be posted online after.

Re: Glad to have you around here.

May 16, 2014, 9:40 AM

Thanks, yes. All of my interviews and shows can be found here: http://audio.wgr550.com/sports-talk-saturday-with-sal-capaccio.htm

Usually up within 20-30 minutes after show or interview.

> I have became quasi-Buffalo fan. Looking forward to
> hearing the interview. Will it be posted online after.

I suggest coming back on monday and linking to the recording

May 16, 2014, 9:43 AM

not a lot going on he on saturdays.

Re: I suggest coming back on monday and linking to the recording

May 16, 2014, 9:46 AM

OK, will do. Had to wait til today to post here because I hadn't confirmed the interview til the AM. Thanks.

> not a lot going on he on saturdays.

perfect & thanks. hopefully ck continues down the road

May 16, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Glad to have you around here. ]

traveled with his post dismissal apology.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10791658/chad-kelly-former-clemson-tigers-quarterback-apologizes-behavior

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to wonder if you are trying to stir things up to have

May 16, 2014, 9:46 AM

"negative" things to quote or show to Chad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Have to wonder if you are trying to stir things up to have

May 16, 2014, 10:11 AM

Nope. I've had him on both my TV and radio show before, I know him well, and I'm the only media member he's agreed to talk to so far. I'll be fair and I think he trusts me.

> "negative" things to quote or show to Chad.

LULZ @ the TD....siriusly?***

May 16, 2014, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Have to wonder if you are trying to stir things up to have ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Questions about CJ

May 16, 2014, 9:59 AM

You mentioned that CJ might not be willing to sign an extension. Do you think it is a money issue or is he looking for a team that better fits his skill set? Will the addition of Sammy perhaps change his thinking and make him more willing to stay?

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to see CJ go to Atlanta.

May 16, 2014, 9:58 AM

I think he would be the perfect back to compliment their offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'd love to see CJ go to Atlanta.

May 16, 2014, 10:04 AM

I agree that Atlanta would be a good fit for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Questions about CJ***

May 16, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Questions about CJ ]

Re: Questions about CJ

May 16, 2014, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Questions about CJ ]

He wants to stay. He texted me that himself last week after the draft.

But the team feels he's not the right fit for Marrone/Hackett's style. They want I've been told a "one cut downhill runner." They also don't like his pass blocking. He will probably command a lot of $$ and given GM Whaley's background (Steelers), you know they probably would rather not pay that to a position that seems replaceable in the NFL now. They tried to tried back into the 2nd round to draft Carlos Hyde. They traded for Bryce Brown. The writing may be on the wall, but I hope not. I love CJ and he can be great if used right.

However, with new ownership next year anything can happen between now and then no matter what the current GM and coach want.

> You mentioned that CJ might not be willing to sign an
> extension. Do you think it is a money issue or is he
> looking for a team that better fits his skill set?
> Will the addition of Sammy perhaps change his
> s thinking and make him more willing to stay?
>
> TIA

Glad to have you but....

May 16, 2014, 9:50 AM

speaking entirely for myself, I am not interested in hearing Chad Kelly's version of the circumstances that led to his dismissal.

The fact of the matter is, he was dismissed and is no longer part of the team, and it's is time for all parties involved to put it in the past and move-on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'd like to hear it, more to see if he is carrying a chip on

May 16, 2014, 10:01 AM

his shoulder towards Clemson or if he has accepeted his fate and moved onward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Glad to have you but....

May 16, 2014, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Glad to have you but.... ]

There might be some hidden gem or some enlightenment that you may never otherwise know. If he apologized then he so much as said it was his fault. You are probably right that all should move on but it doesn't seem to be the case in this matter. If he has an axe to grind then maybe this could get ugly but he didn't appear to have one from reading his responses. Probably no big deal....but....

Chad so far seems to have handled it

May 16, 2014, 10:10 AM

pretty well. Hope he finds a good place down the road...

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

May 17, 2014, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad to have you but.... ]

I personally that that CK purposely acted in a way to get kicked of the team. He was with and worked with the team everyday, and personally believe he didn't see himself as a starter at Clemson after watching how gifted Watson is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad to have you but.... ]

> There might be some hidden gem or some enlightenment
> that you may never otherwise know. If he apologized
> then he so much as said it was his fault. You are
> probably right that all should move on but it doesn't
> seem to be the case in this matter. If he has an axe
> to grind then maybe this could get ugly but he didn't
> appear to have one from reading his responses.
> Probably no big deal....but....
You're a proven liar Monroe...go away

May 16, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Glad to have you but.... ]

That's cool and understood. However, I think there is a segment of Tigers fans that would like to hear his side and then decide for themselves what they think went down. I'm just making that opportunity available and known.

> speaking entirely for myself, I am not interested in
> hearing Chad Kelly's version of the circumstances
> that led to his dismissal.
>
> The fact of the matter is, he was dismissed and is no
> longer part of the team, and it's is time for all
> parties involved to put it in the past and move-on.

Ask him if his Swag comes from a special Jack Off Crystal

May 16, 2014, 10:09 AM

tia, in advance.

****pants tightening********

May 16, 2014, 10:12 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glowing

May 16, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Ask him if his Swag comes from a special Jack Off Crystal ]

I feel the magic, I FEEL IT!

Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because

May 16, 2014, 10:26 AM

he actually prefers pale white fat chicks that don't believe in God. And that he and CDS were at odds about the team Chaplain. Word is that CK preferred Creflo Dollar over Perry Noble.

Then his grand plan to transfer to Syracuse didn't pan out because the coaches had concerns about his ability to survive in that amazing heat at the Carrier Dome.

Then somehow he ended up going to Mississippi or wherever to play for a school with a strong rap program.

Can you please ask the tough questions for us? It would be a good career move on your part.

Re: Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because

May 16, 2014, 10:39 AM

Ask him about any alleged physical confrontations with a certain coach or coaches during his last meeting at Clemson, LOL!

Just because we are in the "Know" doesn't mean we will tell

May 16, 2014, 10:42 AM

you.

Tell 'em coot

May 16, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because ]

sad

Re: Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because

May 18, 2014, 2:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because ]

How much slobber dribbled out of your mouth when you read that post to yourself before posting? Dur hur hur.

Hilarious

May 16, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Those of us "in the know" are hearing CK left because ]

Regurgitate a bunch of inside jokes that have been told thousands of times. May your pulse forever hold at 100% with the lungers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hilarious

May 18, 2014, 3:14 PM

Thatsthejoke.jpg

I will bet CK will not be on this guys radio show .

May 16, 2014, 12:06 PM

He already prefaced in his post that chad "might back out." This guy is probably just using the board trying to gain listeners to his show now that they have both Sammy and cj.

Re: I will bet CK will not be on this guys radio show .

May 16, 2014, 12:08 PM

Continuing the tnet tradition of being a #### to any visitors, eh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I will bet CK will not be on this guys radio show . ]

Actually, you're right that he isn't coming on. He just texted me he can't. I figured that could happen given the circumstances.

However, yeah, sure, I have 16,000 twitter followers, fill in as play-by-play voice for the Bills and host the team's official radio show yet I totally have to go to a Clemson message board to get people to listen to me. Nice try.

I was hoping to get the word to anyone here who may be interested. I now no one would normally care to listen to a Buffalo radio show otherwise so wouldn't care to promote it.

I'm guessing you're the poster everyone hates here, huh? All boards have one.

Thanks for letting me post even though it won't work out. I'll delete the thread soon.

Go Bills and Clemson North.

> He already prefaced in his post that chad "might back
> out." This guy is probably just using the board
> trying to gain listeners to his show now that they
> have both Sammy and cj.

"I'm guessing you're the poster everyone hates here, huh?"

May 16, 2014, 1:07 PM

You hit the head on the nail with that one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I was right though, that should count for something...***

May 16, 2014, 4:51 PM

Re: I was right though, that should count for something...***

May 18, 2014, 2:24 AM

Lol wut? The guy acknowledged that CK might not come on. All you did was state the obvious at first and proceed act like a ##### by accusing him of promoting something in a situation where he clearly has little to gain.

No - you're awarded no points.

There he is!***

May 18, 2014, 5:10 PM

Re: There he is!***

May 18, 2014, 6:35 PM

Yep, here I am. Calling you out for the nutless turd you are like I do every other Gamecock fan and punk kid who thinks they're the first person in history to post inflammatory and inciting remarks on a message board.

You're such a master troll, bro.

And again!***

May 18, 2014, 7:38 PM

Re: And again!***

May 18, 2014, 10:21 PM

Mastertrolololol.

I really bother you, don't I***

May 19, 2014, 6:23 AM

May 17, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I will bet CK will not be on this guys radio show . ]

Go CJ, Sammy, and the rest of our Tigers, Go Bills!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2014, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I will bet CK will not be on this guys radio show . ]

Sal this moron is not a Clemson fan he is another one of our pathetic rivals that just cant stay away from this place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

just link me the archive after its over***

May 16, 2014, 12:09 PM

Coot !!!!***

May 16, 2014, 2:03 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic