Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so Bellamy was pretty much born with a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

so Bellamy was pretty much born with a

Dec 17, 2011, 1:51 AM

silver spoon in his mouth. He had tons and tons of positive male role models who nurtured him and showed him exactly what it meant to be a man. He had money, great friends, good adults to help him all along the way. Thats what makes this situation so hard to understand...

wait unless everything I just said was a lie and it was completely the opposite for Mike. Unless he had nothing growing up and the absolute worst role models out there if you can even attempt to call them that.

Yea eventually we all grow up and make our own choices and decisions. Yea there are some who over come the poor excuse of a role model and become incredible people with incredible stories even at early stages in their life. There are literally thousands more who those exact circumstances turn out to be too much and they wind up on the streets, in jail, or worse dead.

Mike Bellamy chose Clemson University. Who knows why? Maybe it was CJ Spiller on tv smiling and loving life. Maybe it was the colors or the fans or the potential to join a championship team. Or maybe it was because he saw something in Clemson that he never had at home. A FAMILY. lets not disappoint the young man by turning on one of our own. He does indeed have problems and if he doesn't start making good decisions then he may ruin the best opportunity he will ever see, but we have a great head coach who has seen these circumstances before in his own life. We need to trust Dabo to make the right call here and do what all families do when one of our own strays. Pray..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are also some who refuse to grow up. If you wanna

Dec 17, 2011, 1:54 AM

act like Peter Pan, you better know how to fly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are also some who refuse to grow up. If you wanna

Dec 17, 2011, 1:55 AM

I don't think Mike is one of those who just simply refuses to grow up. In fact I think there is really nothing simple about Mike's life at all.

so you feel like he seriously has no concept of right and

Dec 17, 2011, 2:03 AM

wrong? He may have had a tough life, but he is old enough, and smart enough to know what is and what isn't appropriate, as well as he is fully capable of choosing what is right and doing it.

I'd like to see him stay on the team, but it's entirely up to him, and if he refuses to "man up" I won't turn my back on him, but it will be tough to have sympathy for him.

Re: so you feel like he seriously has no concept of right and

Dec 17, 2011, 2:07 AM

somebody told me he likes to smoke "weed" pretty sure that one of the team rules that he broke.......

Obviously that is unconfirmed. I would never land blast

Dec 17, 2011, 2:14 AM

someone for smoking "weed", but if you have been told that smoking "weed" is a violation of team rules and you will be suspended for doing so, then you have a choice to make. An easy choice. Play ball, or "smoke weed." If you choose "weed" over a potentially lucrative career, then so be it. That's your choice. It's a free country. Do what you want.

However,I think I'd be able to give up getting stoned (at least for 3-4 seasons) in exchange for all the benefits, and accolades that a star running back would receive.

Re: Obviously that is unconfirmed. I would never land blast

Dec 18, 2011, 1:26 AM

really???????????

yes, really.***

Dec 18, 2011, 2:50 AM

Nothing comes simple in any life. I just hope Mike starts...

Dec 17, 2011, 4:15 AM [ in reply to Re: there are also some who refuse to grow up. If you wanna ]

making better choices. I'm behind him 100%.

I would trade a troubled kid who overcomes crap odds for

Dec 17, 2011, 11:53 AM [ in reply to there are also some who refuse to grow up. If you wanna ]

a middle class football fan who likes to judge people they don't know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd trade you for some magic beans.***

Dec 17, 2011, 3:39 PM

Fair warning - stealing this quote! Point!***

Dec 17, 2011, 8:06 PM [ in reply to there are also some who refuse to grow up. If you wanna ]

Not 100% sure it's original (i"m normally not that clever)

Dec 17, 2011, 8:41 PM

but if it is, and you get rich off of it, I want to see some money.

;)

I cant imagine the type of people that would thumb this down***

Dec 17, 2011, 5:59 AM

Coot SCUms****

Dec 17, 2011, 8:35 AM

Re: so Bellamy was pretty much born with a

Dec 17, 2011, 8:42 AM

You have nailed it!! Lets all stick by the young man. We should also back coach's decisions on how to handle this situation. We must also remember that Dabo has 70-80 other young men watching how he handles this and understand that although Dabo wants to help Bellamy, he must also consider the other young men on the TEAM!!!

Excellent post with well-thought-out observations...

Dec 17, 2011, 8:48 AM

in fact, one of the best regarding Mike. While we may be critical, it is important that he knows that the entire Clemson family wants him to succeed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sometimes its the lack of adversity

Dec 17, 2011, 10:07 AM

Maybe he wants some conflict in his life. I'm sure he hears stories from his fellow teammates about living a hard life and it makes that teammate seem deeper and stronger, while Bellamy may get teased for being a rich kid or pampered.

Dec 17, 2011, 10:40 AM

This is probably the best post that I have ever read on here! Amen!

Dec 17, 2011, 10:47 AM

Regardless of any violations that Mike has done to get in Dabo's doghouse, the fact remains that Mike has chosen all season long to refuse to MAN UP. He has chosen not to learn the offense, where to line up, how to block, how to secure the ball, etc - so he still has miles to go to become a premiere RB on our team. That is "TEAM" - not "BELLAMY". I don't see Bellamy as a team player, but more of a distraction to a TEAM that has greatness in them. He would have to do a 180 and man up and assume all the responsibility and accountability that is required of our RB's to get in the lineup like he desires.

I haven't given up on him, but the patience is wearing thin. I only wish this young man the best. He has greatness in him. I just wish it would show itself.

Dec 17, 2011, 11:06 AM

One of his problems is that he was "THE MAN" in high school. At Clemson he is or was second string running back. With his speed in HS he probably didn't have to know the details of the playbook because he could outrun everyone.
Trouble is, at Clemson almost everyone was "THE MAN" in high school. Some just can't cope with having to work. When I was a football manager for 4 years, saw it every year. Some couldn't or wouldn't cope, some like Price were determined to make it even if they weren't the most talented.
Mike IMO needs to realize things aren't just going to be handed to him anymore. I hope he gets it and becomes a star at Clemson.

Dec 17, 2011, 11:17 AM

Agreed and I too think the entire team, as well as, potential and committed recruits are watching how Dabo and Chad handle this from their end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike bellamy still could be next spiller

Dec 17, 2011, 8:21 PM

Thank you for this post. I'd read about Bellamy and wonder if I was the only one that still wanted to see him succeed. Glad to know there are so many that are supportive of him. I certainly have smoked weed, but you are right, he'll have plenty of time to smoke up after his NFL career. Right now, he needs to stop burnin one down and start learning that playbook. He also needs to become an animal in that weight room.

Dec 17, 2011, 8:33 PM

Mike Bellamy could come back next year and really gives it all he has and from what I saw at times that is a whole heck of a lot. Heck when I was born several relatives gave me those little silver spoons but I have no idea where any are now. Lets just give the kid all the backing we can. I can tell you from experience the teammates will keep him straight if he can help them.

No, imo it was the fans in his town that did a lot of this..

Dec 17, 2011, 8:42 PM

a big time player is spoiled by his fans, his teachers and his school. Everyone in his town was probably praising him day after day and probably handing him everything he wanted. He was BMOC and now is just one of the guys and it is hard for him to handle. Reminds me of Crosby....and Squeaky Watson. I think a lot of his downfall was how he never had to work for a thing because of his football talent....and is probably is what is happening to MB. Hopefully he sees the light, but if not....let him go

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic