Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: Slaying the demon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Sunday sermon: Slaying the demon

Oct 16, 2011, 8:26 PM

Good evening: My apologies for the delay, but I was traveling back from the Holy City from a weekend snake handling symposium (and BTW if you EVER get a chance to sit in on a Clemson game with the Charleston Clemson Club, grab it!)

Along the way, I wrestled between preaching about how the Sons of Clemson have slain perhaps the toughest demon of all, and whipping up a heaping helping of brimstone for the weak of faith who could not stand strong as the Tigers seemed doomed to fall.

In the end, I have decided to fall to the side of uplifting, to celebrating the faith that endured, rather than those who scattered in the face of tribulation. The Bible says those that endure will see the glory, and those who deny will be denied. And Lord knows tha last quarter of Saturday's turtle evisceration was glorious.

Besides, if you denied the power of the Sons of Clemson, you already know who you are. You are convicted by your own doubt, and you must attone for your own disbelief.

I promise, it's a lot more rewarding to watch this roller coaster from the front seat, hands up, screaming all the way in exhiliaration than it is to cover your eyes on the ground. The sheer joy of those believers who danced in the aisles at Byrd Stadium, or screamed themselves hoarse in the Shriner's Hall in Charleston or scared the dogs at home with their howling halelujahs ... they are reaping the harvest of belief.

And don't think that faith isn't felt on the field of battle. Don't think distance cools the power of conviction. Do not think you can't make a difference if you are not in uniform or in the stands.

The Sons of Clemson, for all the marvelous accomplishments seen this year, feel every heart, every prayer, every voice.

Your voice is felt, if not heard.

How else can you explain the slaying of the last great demon Saturday? Did anyone think it would be easy? Did anyone truly think that the enemies of the team that is laying claim to America's heart would simply let us walk off with that victory.

It takes a special breed to see themselves down by nearly 20 on the road, draw a line in the sand and say "Enough!" And it takes a special breed to believe that they can do it.

Last night, everything was aligned for history to repeat itself. It didn't. We're off the rails now. These young men choose not to live in the past. They aren't doing things the "ways it's always beenh done."

They are carving a new trail, and with any new trail there are no guideposts. Each step is a step in faith, in belief and trust.

And the demons that rise up will be slaughtered where they stand. Leave their stench and flies and entrails behind, wipe the prongs of our gore-clotted pitchforks on their matted carcases and march on.

If, after all these Sons of Clemson have shown you, you couldn't believe that they would endure, then nothing I can say will convince you.

And I don't need to convict you. You've wasted half of what could well be the greatest Clemson season this generation has seen worrying and doubting.

And in that, you have my pity.

This is a heck of a ride to glory. Wish you could join us.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen Rev. Enjoy the ride!***

Oct 16, 2011, 8:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: Slaying the demon

Oct 16, 2011, 8:34 PM

Amen Amen!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Rev.

Oct 16, 2011, 8:35 PM

Been waiting on this all day. I myself had to be the rock in my household. As those around me began to doubt I yelled "Get behind me foul doubters, stand with me or get out of the room",,,,, Wife forgave me in the 4th quarter. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Oct 16, 2011, 8:40 PM

Sorry I missed you in our fair city.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to know I'm not the only one who scares my dog.***

Oct 16, 2011, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too!!***

Oct 16, 2011, 9:41 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: me too!!***

Oct 16, 2011, 11:51 PM

us too-both of ours got out of the room with us!!

Mine were huddled together in the corner.

Oct 16, 2011, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Good to know I'm not the only one who scares my dog.*** ]

Poor guys.

Quite possibly the most erudite, literate and entertaining

Oct 16, 2011, 8:45 PM

post I have ever read here. Hall of fame if there is one.

And the Tiger faithful said AMEN!***

Oct 16, 2011, 8:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like so many, I rely upon the words of the good Reverend

Oct 16, 2011, 8:51 PM

to help purge me of doubt, restore my faith, and guide me back to the belief and conviction that is necessary.

"The Sons of Clemson, for all the marvelous accomplishments seen this year, feel every heart, every prayer, every voice.

Your voice is felt, if not heard."

AMEN!

Rev. You picked me up so many times when I was down.

Oct 16, 2011, 8:53 PM

Thanks for sharing the glory also.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Rev,

Oct 16, 2011, 9:02 PM

I saw the light during the Allburn game. I have not one single time believed that we would lose since the second quarter of that game.

Say a prayer for me for holding out so long but since then I have been washed of my transgressions. Hands, feet and heart, clean at last. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem: Remember, it's not a sin to question...

Oct 16, 2011, 9:06 PM

...and I know many were questioning early in the third quarter.

But those who judged, as in "Same Old Clemson" condemn themselves with their own words.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev Dodd, can you link what I think was your Sunday

Oct 16, 2011, 9:08 PM

sermon after the 2nd game when you prophesied what was to come?

Re: Rev Dodd, can you link what I think was your Sunday

Oct 16, 2011, 9:14 PM

I think you're looking for this one....

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=19&threadID=1000127&messageID=11028296#11028296

But it might be this:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=19&threadID=1003491&messageID=11064213#11064213

Can you post the one after the Wofford game 9/11/11?***

Oct 16, 2011, 9:25 PM

Ahhh! The Giants of Anak....

Oct 16, 2011, 10:02 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=994648&messageID=10967020#10967020

Oct 16, 2011, 9:12 PM

Amen and thanks, Rev

Oct 16, 2011, 9:20 PM

glad ya'll are home and safe ... a pleasure as always breaking bread with you last night .

Tigrjm76 and the Boss

Oct 16, 2011, 9:23 PM

"I always figured you were the strange one yelling at the TV. But now I see where you got it. Those Clemson people are crazy!"

She meant it in the best possible way, of course.

There's someting in those hills...even when the hills are 250 miles away.

Amen and Amen.

Oct 16, 2011, 9:30 PM

So Be It.

Rev...what's the word on the Clemson invasion to Raleigh...

Oct 16, 2011, 9:37 PM

...to claw those Wuffies like the mangy dogs that they are?

I'm building a crowd of new disciples here in Cary that are ready to join me at Carter-Finley.

I want to hook everyone up with the right Clemson crowd.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

I imagine there will be a cloud of witnesses there...

Oct 16, 2011, 9:46 PM

...we're likely going to pitch the revival tent in the same spot off Youth Camp Road or whatever it's called in that glade.

More info as we get closer...

My wife and I live in Cameron, just down the road from Cary,

Oct 16, 2011, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Rev...what's the word on the Clemson invasion to Raleigh... ]

...We would love to join any invasion that would take place in Raleigh!

Someone TDed The Rev.....Pretty Sad***

Oct 16, 2011, 9:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And in November we will have another demon to slay ---

Oct 16, 2011, 10:07 PM

The Demon Deacon. ;)

"this is a heck of a ride to glory." you hit it on that one!***

Oct 16, 2011, 10:32 PM

This is amazing. I couldn't have said it any better!!!***

Oct 16, 2011, 10:43 PM

Let there be light!

Oct 17, 2011, 12:07 AM

And it was good!

Thanks, Rev!

Oct 17, 2011, 5:55 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noone can put pen to paper...make that fingers to keyboard

Oct 17, 2011, 8:16 AM

like Rev!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who TD'd the sermon? come on people.***

Oct 17, 2011, 8:30 AM

Amen!***

Oct 17, 2011, 6:25 PM

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
The Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Oct 17, 2011, 8:33 PM

that is imo,your best sermon of the year,rev.thanks for posting these sermons.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic