Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I propose a new Tigernet/Tiger nation law:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I propose a new Tigernet/Tiger nation law:

Apr 12, 2011, 12:10 PM

The new law is in response to the Brad Brownell hire/ Chad Morris hire/ Billy Napier fire/ Dabo not fired crowd that predicted failure. It seems that naysayers are getting a pass when their negativity is proven wrong (BB) but still get to hold on to the "I told you so" mentality if they are right. There must be consequences to predicting failure for our Tigers. So...from that this new law is proposed and encouraged.

1. If Tiger fan is unhappy and disagrees with coaching related decision, and thereby pumps negativity and predictions of failure into conversations in person and/or on Tigernet, the fan must maintain their position for a full athletic season of that sport. Celebrations of any sucess is henceforth prohibited to include championships of any kind. Negative fans will not be permitted to host parties of any type in which a Clemson sport is the theme. No champioship apparel is permitted at any time during the season in which the negative predictions were made. Furthermore, the negative fan will not be allowed to brag about a Clemson victory if they predicted a loss to said team before the season. The celebration penalty will be lifted upon completion of the season in question and normal cheering is permitted from that point forward, provided the fan has apologized to themself, their beloved school, their friends and family, and finally to Tigernet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I propose a new Tigernet/Tiger nation law:

Apr 12, 2011, 12:27 PM

You may have just hit on something.
And Thanks.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

all it takes is wins and championships and most

Apr 12, 2011, 12:33 PM

will be happy. Not too much to ask is it?

on your rule... when will the sunshine pumpers admit they're wrong and change was needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all it takes is wins and championships and most

Apr 12, 2011, 12:40 PM

Count me in the pumper category.
Never is the answer.
All Clemson all the time.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

so larry shyatt and tommy west should still be

Apr 12, 2011, 12:42 PM

coaches here?

remember change was needed and one of the programs has improved in the last 5 or so yrs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so larry shyatt and tommy west should still be

Apr 12, 2011, 12:46 PM

All I can say is that the admin. will do their job and I will support Clemson.
Hopefully winning will never be more important than character at Clemson.
If that happens you can count me off the band wagon.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

winning builds character***

Apr 12, 2011, 12:48 PM

Re: winning builds character***

Apr 12, 2011, 12:49 PM

Nope, just egos.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^yep***

Apr 12, 2011, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 12, 2011, 1:42 PM

Part of being a fan is being fickle, you definitely should have to fess up if ure proven wrong tho, and no matter what - support the team(s)!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2011, 2:13 PM

If Jack ever wins a championship I will gladly say I was wrong. Doubtful I will ever have to do that the way he is recruiting.

ACC or National Championship?***

Apr 12, 2011, 3:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: ACC or National Championship?***

Apr 12, 2011, 3:45 PM

National Championship.

We won an ACC championship with the clarkestache.....Wilhelm owned the ACC....when he didn't win the ACC it was an oddity. I expect at least holding the standard and a great coach to exceed the standard.

Like Paul Newman says in Cool Hand Luke, there are.....

Apr 12, 2011, 4:24 PM

too many people layin down too many rules around here.

There are already too many "TigerNet Police" and their self-made rules for you to come along with another.

Let people speak their minds. If there are rules to be made, that's for Crump and the other webmasters to do - not any of us.

Exactly

Apr 12, 2011, 4:33 PM

too many people who want to promote their own Newspeak.

Re: Like Paul Newman says in Cool Hand Luke, there are.....

Apr 12, 2011, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Like Paul Newman says in Cool Hand Luke, there are..... ]

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach so you get what we had here

Apr 12, 2011, 6:50 PM

I thought we were going to be awful in basketball but backed our team and went to almost every home game and the acc tourney. It is possible to have low expectations and still back the team. In fact I believe it is the true sign of fanhood.

Apr 13, 2011, 4:37 PM

I Like it. If you cannot get behind your team all the time then why follow the team in the first place. I for one have adapted the attitude that Clemson is going to win every game and will back them till the clock says 00 or the final out is made.

What I also had to come to realize is if we for whatever reason do not win, then it is not the end of the world. Not one CU loss has ever cost me anything in my life. Sure I pay money to IPTAY, sure I buy tickets, and sure I want my team to win every game, but it has been very few and very far between that I have attended a game win or lose and said this was not worth the money I have spent. Furthermore I will not bail out, slander, or degrade my team just cause they lost a ballgame or so.

Does that mean that I have to be happy with a 6-7 record every year? Of course not. Does that mean that I would not ask our AD for a coaching change if 6-7 was the norm and accepted by our University? Of course not we all would. The Idea of predicting or expecting a 6,7,8 win season as being realistic or acceptable is ludicrous. Our football team should be held to the standard of 9 wins or more each year. But if that goal is not reached then circumstances should be evaluated and Actions to get there put in place. I.E. The coaching changes, recruiting talent, and Behavior changes that have been implemented this year.

If I am wrong predicting a Clemson Championship every year then Sue ME!!! It is my team and until that Championship is unattainable it is OURS!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Apr 13, 2011, 4:56 PM

I agree with you 100%, but sometimes I still have to stop and be sick by the roadside.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic