Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo gives assistants raise($265,000 of his $$$)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Dabo gives assistants raise($265,000 of his $$$)

Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10381

Over 60 percent of the $450,000 will be supplied by Head Coach Dabo Swinney through a clause in his existing contract whereby he can exercise an option to reassign compensation he has earned by winning an ACC Championship and other incentives, to his assistant coaches.

Once again showing that our coach is pure class.So much for those like Amanda and BlueCoot that claim he's not the man for the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo gives assistants raise($265,000 of his $$$)

Feb 15, 2012, 9:59 PM

Great to see a coach do what is best for his program. Great job Dabo

Dabo is Class A1 personified

Feb 15, 2012, 10:04 PM

This is not new. From day 1 he said that he would give up part of his salary to help those around him. He is holding up to his word. How much of your salary would you give up when you didn't have to?

I give up my entire salary

Feb 15, 2012, 10:12 PM

to my wife, does that count?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes...yes, it does.***

Feb 15, 2012, 10:31 PM

Amen, brother!***

Feb 16, 2012, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I give up my entire salary ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: I give up my entire salary

Feb 16, 2012, 9:11 PM [ in reply to I give up my entire salary ]

only if you get a decent allowance.say $15/wk.you know, enough to get a 12 pk. of heineken

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I signed my check in front of the bank teller the other day

Feb 18, 2012, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I give up my entire salary ]

and she looked at it and said "This is not your singature Sir". My wife has been signing it for waaaay to long.

Re: Dabo is Class A1 personified

Feb 16, 2012, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Dabo is Class A1 personified ]

I gave up my raise this year to my staff. Not kidding. Just do not tell my wife! She thinks it is ALL hers.

Wow...Dabo = Class Act***

Feb 15, 2012, 10:10 PM

Re: Wow...Dabo = Class Act***

Feb 17, 2012, 11:12 AM

Yes he is.

I think it's great, but even Spurrier's smart enough to do

Feb 15, 2012, 10:13 PM

that.

I'm just saying that I think it's something that's fairly common these days, and I believe it's a very very wise thing for head coaches to do.

You're really only as good as your support staff.

So Spurrier gave $300k to his grad assistants?

Feb 15, 2012, 10:34 PM

Let's see it.

I believe he did that a couple of years ago

Feb 16, 2012, 8:19 AM

I don't remember the year, but a quick google search would probably turn it up if you're really that dubious.

common these days? give examples that have been reported

Feb 16, 2012, 9:16 AM [ in reply to I think it's great, but even Spurrier's smart enough to do ]

and their respective links. I doubt you find many other cases like this. Prove me wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm. Bonuses and we have lost to USuC 3 in a row.***

Feb 15, 2012, 10:37 PM

Our football program does NOT revolve around them. Period.***

Feb 15, 2012, 11:03 PM

I'm telling you Guys...the Man loves Clemson as much as Bama

Feb 15, 2012, 11:25 PM

and then even more. Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And SCAR has their best program in it's 100+ years history

Feb 16, 2012, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Ummm. Bonuses and we have lost to USuC 3 in a row.*** ]

Dabo has won the division 2 out of 3 years and won the ACC for the first time in 20 years.

You can hate on the man if you want, but just because our rival has stepped up their game, doesn't take away what Swinney has accomplished.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping

Feb 16, 2012, 12:11 AM

your job at a place like clemson hinges on success on the playing field or basketball court. intangibles and off field items will buy you more time, like with TB, but at the end of the day they won't keep you around if you aren't winning. let dabo lose 2 more in a row to usc and have a few more unacceptable blow outs or bowl embarrassments and let's see how long he keeps his job.

as far as the money, that's pretty common. even selfish pro athletes restructure their contracts or give up money to help the team.

dabo is making more money than he ever dreamed, it's smart business to give up a little to improve his staff or keep them happy, esp when he is less qualified than many of his assistants.

You just can't help yourself, can you?...

Feb 16, 2012, 12:19 AM

Not even 36 hours ago you said that you'd made your last football post until the fall. Or isn't that what this says?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1083252&tstart=200

He's got to pump his negative agenda all day long. He is no

Feb 16, 2012, 8:24 AM

neutral but the original negative PUMPER on this board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I called him out on this yesterday, and he told me he

Feb 16, 2012, 11:39 AM [ in reply to You just can't help yourself, can you?... ]

wasn't going to post about DABO. But don't be surprised that he's a COMPLETE LIAR.

Honest truth...I might sacrifice my own account on TigerNet and not come back if it meant something would get done about Blue or Amanda or any of the like. It's that bad.

Fan. Be careful. I got a TMail from Blue-Caddy

Feb 16, 2012, 9:16 PM [ in reply to You just can't help yourself, can you?... ]

for bringing that post up a couple of days ago. You are risking that. ;)

IMO, a head coach is there to put the pieces in place to...

Feb 16, 2012, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

win championships. I think most logical fans would agree that Morris was a great hire. Let's support CBV in hopes that he works out nearly as well as CCM until he proves otherwise. With the Morris hire I believe Dabo has earned our trust that the man knows what he's doing and his hires should be given a chance. As for his assistants being more qualified than Dabo....who got those assistants (and 2 straight top 10 recruiting classes) in place? Put the pieces in place and get out of the way and let our assistants do what they are paid well to do.

two things ....

Feb 16, 2012, 12:34 AM

1. we have not had 2 top 10 recruiting classes, we had 2 recruiting classes ranked in the top 10 by espn, they were not consensus top 10 classes. this years class ranks 13 when averaging the top 3 services.

2. S&C and coaching/practice philosophies have huge influence on success. the head coach determines those things and they can easily sabotage success regardless of the quality of talent or assistant coaches.

Re: two things ....

Feb 16, 2012, 12:43 AM

it's Bush's fault

I'm not that smart so I'm sure you can come up with two

Feb 16, 2012, 12:46 AM [ in reply to two things .... ]

different points I haven't already read about on Tnet posts or heard from wherever. I was responding to the fact you said Dabos assistants were more qualified than he was. I'm saying Dabo put the pieces in place so I think he's done his job. As for Batson, I thought he reported to the AD not Dabo. Obviously it was ESPN (the least credible source I admit) that had us in the top 10 but no one really know the difference between a 7 and 15 recruiting class till at least 2 years down the road but we know we got some pretty good prospects. And CBV is "supposed" to increase intensity in practice. He has also handed over the coaching to the O and D coordinators.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

The HC can hire/fire the S&C coach. Several coaches at CU

Feb 16, 2012, 12:55 AM

have changed S&C including Ford and I think West. I think it was West that brought in Batson. S&C is a major issue at Clemson. I'm concerned Batson might be keeping his job due to nepotism and internal politics.

So... Blue Caddy is NOT a man of his word.

Feb 16, 2012, 8:24 AM

Can't even keep his word for a week... actually half a week.

Sad sad little man.

Re: So... Blue Caddy is NOT a man of his word.

Feb 16, 2012, 8:26 AM

not only that he is now stalking people on tmail.

lol where do you get such nonsense? and you are the stalker***

Feb 16, 2012, 9:38 AM

Re: lol where do you get such nonsense? and you are the stalker***

Feb 17, 2012, 12:00 PM

You used to Tmail ME all the time. Remember???

You remind me of trooper del some.

Oh yeah remember you telling me that you've never lost a argument om tigernet????

Only in your small mind

spin, spin, spin .......

Feb 16, 2012, 8:19 AM [ in reply to two things .... ]

10th, 13th, who cares ..... you just want to spin it your way.

lol um no saying its a top 10 class b/c 1 service ranked it

Feb 16, 2012, 9:40 AM

in the top 10 when the top 2 services did not is spin. i simply pointed out the truth, the fact, the real numbers.

Pointing out a simple fact. Blue Caddy said:

Feb 16, 2012, 9:46 AM

No posts about Dabo or football until football season.

And yet... here he is doing just that.

No class, no integrity.

I replied to your post as you can see above. Again, yes, I

Feb 16, 2012, 11:47 AM [ in reply to lol um no saying its a top 10 class b/c 1 service ranked it ]

know it was ESPN who had us in the top 10. Here's a fact, I asked you to point out something to me I didn't already know. Yet another fact, you failed to do so. You just changed the subject so you didn't have to acknowledge the validity of the points I made and showed how you wouldn't support this staff/team when Dabo has given us reason to do so. BTW, I have a rivals and scout account so I'm aware of where we stand in recruiting with multiple services. I know where 24/7 has us ranked as well.

just keep digging your heels in, caddy

Feb 16, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to two things .... ]

denial is not just a river in Egypt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

If he keeps winning the ACC he'll stay as long as he wants***

Feb 16, 2012, 2:52 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

YES^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Feb 19, 2012, 3:21 PM

I thought you were leaving***

Feb 16, 2012, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

Why do you even post here? You NEVER say anything positive***

Feb 16, 2012, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

yes someone is clueless and missing the point. see mirror***

Feb 16, 2012, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

Maybe if you werent on the internet at 1 in the am..

Feb 16, 2012, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

you wouldnt be such a miserable piece of chit.

Do us a favor. Pay to have a woman come by the house and maybe your demeanor will change.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are all about "clueless" (as well as denial)***

Feb 16, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

Deldoe...

Feb 16, 2012, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

Dabo is succeeding, and none of the horse #### you can come up changes that irrefutable fact.

Oh, and the guys you claim are more qualified than him, they absolutely love working under him.

Yet again, you are not right. About anything. Ever.

Less qualified? How many of his assistants have 3 years of

Feb 19, 2012, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Once again someone clueless and missing the point. Keeping ]

HC experience?

Feb 16, 2012, 3:45 AM

agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can one if you please

Feb 16, 2012, 6:38 AM

Post another link about a coach in the ACC or SEC doing this. Give the man his credit. 100 post on a negative thread about dabo and when he does something good you guys down play it and say everyone does it.

null

Frank Beamer was the first I heard of, but there have been

Feb 16, 2012, 6:43 AM

others since then. They may not have been in the ACC when he did it the first time. He believes that stability in the COACHING STAFF, not just the head coach, brings a consistent, winning team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and he is right. fsu got off track when they started losing

Feb 16, 2012, 9:43 AM

long time coordinators. with all the money in the game now its hard to keep good coordinators and maintain staff continuity.

Well according to your statements about Dabo wouldn't it

Feb 19, 2012, 4:57 PM

have been Bobby Bowden's fault that they got off track?

How is it FSU got off track when they lose coordinators, but we get off track because of Dabo?

Mark Richt

Feb 16, 2012, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Can one if you please ]

http://espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/story/_/id/7372776/georgia-bulldogs-mark-richt-paid-staff-own-pocket-report-says

Re: Mark Richt

Feb 16, 2012, 9:12 AM

Well I will give you credit for finding a link but not exactly the same situation.

null

Re: Mark Richt

Feb 18, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Mark Richt ]

Didn't he wait and give the money to his coaches after he received it? They rag on him,but he's a better person than the rest of SEC scum they call coaches in that conference.

now that's the way to keep good people around you!***

Feb 16, 2012, 9:04 AM

Feb 16, 2012, 9:52 AM

Proud to hear this! Glad he is a tiger!!

Romans 10:9

old spursack woud most definitely pocket that *stuff****

Feb 16, 2012, 11:27 AM

old spursack might have given some to Wangus, who would

Feb 16, 2012, 1:31 PM

have pizzed his cut away.

Could be the reason all UsuC coaches were flying the coop.***

Feb 16, 2012, 5:37 PM [ in reply to old spursack woud most definitely pocket that *stuff**** ]

Feb 19, 2012, 6:13 PM

Dabo = Good Hire. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic