Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"But but Dabo took us to the ACCCG last year" ...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

"But but Dabo took us to the ACCCG last year" ...........

Oct 2, 2010, 10:05 PM

Yea, on a team loaded with talent, in the worst division of frankly, a VERY bad football conference. A conference that has become the laughingstock of college football.

Then in that game he got beat by a team that we should of beaten twice last year that has less talent and is fodder for whoever they play in the BCS bowl.

To not win the Atlantic last year would of been truly embarrassing as terrible as that division was/is!

Dabo also lost 5 games, yea, that's stellar. 9-5 in a terrible division in a weak conference with a 12th game cupcake on top of the other cupcakes on a consistently weak schedule. Without that extra cupcake Dabo is 8-5 last year. Stellar! Give him a raise!

Oh and he lost to MD, again, a team that won how many games last year, 2, 3?

Our receivers under Dabo racked up stats thanks to an offense that threw as much or more than it ran the ball. Yea, Ford is in the NFL alright, playing for Al Davis who will draft anyone fast regardless how bad their brick hands are!

Dabo did do one other thing TB couldn't do, eek out a win against that SEC power football program KY in a bad bowl game!

You don't fire a guy and give him $3.5 million to turn around and hire a position coach that has never been a coordinator and wasn't even in football a few years earlier, but got hired by that sage personnel manager TB, he of the Rob Spence love fest and Alabama friends & family program.

Then that position coach promotes another position coach with no coordinator experience to OC! And folks, play calling had a huge effect on the outcome of both the Auburn & Miami games!

You fire TB and bring in a proven winner, why? Because you think your program is oh so close to greatness. Boy, weren't we fooled! Not me, brother, I KNEW it was a stupid hire and said so!!

My two favorite excuses ....

Numero Uno ...

"Who would want to come to Clemson, we couldn't get anyone better".

Really? Are you folks that stupid? Have you ever seen Norman, OK? Blacksburg, VA? Tallahassee? Gainesville is a college town, so is Athens. GT is in ATL, great for their basketball, meaningless for their football. The list goes on & on! Lubbock, Texas. Yea, another of America's great cities!! NOT!

TCU is in DFW, the middle of Texas, a great city in the mecca of high school football, yet they were nothing until they hired Gary Patterson.

Boise State, yeaaa, they rake in the top recruiting classes don't they! I wanna go play there!!

Michigan, Bama, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, OK, Texas, all college football royalty, all sucked before their current coaches (USC before Carroll who just left). Some still do suck! It's not about the name on the jersey or the city you're in. It's about GREAT COACHING!!!!

Yet these same folks on TNET post ad nauseum about how special Clemson is, how there's something special in them hills. Either Clemson is special and can attract talented players and coaches, or a #### hole!! Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Clemson has won a NC, we have been big time. Most great southern high school talent comes from small towns. Clemson has everything it needs to be great. The experts think we are a sleeping giant. There is only one reason a great coach won't come to Clemson. It's painfully obvious our BOT & Admin & President don't want BIG TIME college football at Clemson!!

Excuse Numero Dos .......

I KNEW this would be an excuse the day we hired Dabo. I knew regardless of how bad he did we'd be stuck with him at least 5 or 6 years. One, because we gave TB 10 years and because we have a ##### ### fan base that thinks like this ...

"He is a young coach and I think we will have to endure some growing pains. I do like his intensity and motivation. Dabo is an investment, and I think that he will pay out in the next few years."

No, no, no, no!!! That's NOT why you hired Dabo! You hired Dabo to get over the hump, NOT to give him several years of OTJT! The feeling was we just needed more fire, more intensity. Well, we got that, and a cheerleader that loves catchy phrases, but what we aren't getting is results, or over the hump!!

My top two reasons for not wanting Dabo ...

1) No experience, which he showed right away promoting Napier. A proven coach at a big time football program would never risk his job security or reputation making that stupid promotion.

2) The "give him more time, he's young and inexperienced". No #### Sherlock! Silly us, trying to be a big time FB program so we hire a guy with no experience. Wow! He's not doing any better than the guy you fired. Really? No ####!! You're surprised by that? Really?

And now, thanks to how poor the Atlantic Div is, Dabo is getting paid about as much as TB and giving us the same results. Oh, and to continue this mediocrity we had to pay TB $3.5 million. Don't tell me we can't afford a better coach. We could have a great coach for about another half-million, which would pay for itself!!

Bottom line. We fired TB and gave him $3.5 mil because we were tired of 8-5. How long are you fools going to make excuses for Dabo and put up with 8-5, occasionally 9-5 with a weak run to the ACCCG only to lose and play in another lame bowl game? This is like year 3 for a new coaching staff. How long does Dabo get? 6 yrs, 9 yrs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful, you're using wayyyy too much logic.

Oct 2, 2010, 10:08 PM

That kind of stuff will get you in trouble around here ;)

Re: "But but Dabo took us to the ACCCG last year" ...........

Oct 2, 2010, 10:14 PM

firing a coach mid season is a statement!

i thought the statement was "mediocre ain't good enough"

but then the long shot hire?...keeping much of the staff

go figure

just remember...dabo's only win over usc was with TB's coaches

i think the staff is juvenile and I think Steele is overrated

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you ever in your life imagine Danny Ford saying corny

Oct 2, 2010, 10:21 PM

#### like "quack, quack" or "All In"????

Danny would say to a reporter ... "fans are fans, it's my job to win, I'm not doing my job, I need to do better".

Then he would #### and go rip some kid a new ### on the practice field and tell him if he fumbles again or drops another pass he can find a comfy seat on the bench.

TB & Dabo are both smart ##### that get caught up way too much in the fans & media rather than focusing on job #1 ... winning!!!

You make some great points. I like Dabo, and I think he's

Oct 2, 2010, 10:17 PM

improved the overall attitude of the team.

Sometimes you can see that on the field, like with our defense. Against Auburn we dominated them for 3 quarters and OT. Today we dominated Miami in the second half, and even with our offense turning the ball over 6 times on our side of the field we only let them score off of two of those turnovers.

Yet, there is still the Auburn 3rd quarter, or the first quarter today. The blown assignments. The lack of concentration. The same defense that can utterly dominate a couple of great teams can also look like they are all deaf dumb and blind. What causes that? Is it inexperience in coaching? Possibly so.

You're exactly right about the OC hire. There's no excuse for our offense, especially our WRs (who, conspicuously, are coached by Brad Scott's son.) Our playcalling today was absolutely horrible and showed a complete lack of understanding of Miami's defense, or of basic football strategy. If Dabo doesn't do something about Napier, we're going to continue to have these games when we play good defenses. I know most people won't agree with that, but trust me, later this year people are going to be very mad, and if Dabo doesn't bring in a real OC, then he is going to be in real trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw absolutely NO game plan or offensive strategy today.

Oct 2, 2010, 10:24 PM

And the power run, or traditional running game, for the 2nd week in a row was working, but we continually abandoned it, and along the way effectively killing any momentum we had!

that's the thing that really makes me furious

Oct 2, 2010, 10:28 PM

today I just sat there in disbelief as we kept abandoning the power running game (or I form or whatever).

When you complain about playcalling on here, or anywhere really, people say "oh but you wouldn't complain if the plays worked."

That's just the dang point! We called plays that worked, and were getting consistent yardage, and then we totally abandoned them! Sure, you don't run the same play all the time, but heck you can run it until they stop it!

Combine that with the lack of touches for our best runningback, and it's just infuriating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Power I, but if you can't playaction pass off of

Oct 2, 2010, 10:54 PM

it or pass at all for that matter, than the power I won't work for long. It seemed to me that was why they abandoned it.

Seemed to be working fine. Not sure when it stopped

Oct 2, 2010, 10:57 PM

working. Maybe if we had stuck with it, or called some of those play action plays, things would have been different.

You're right, it would have kept working if we had some

Oct 2, 2010, 11:24 PM

playaction passing off of it, but Parker's throws were high and off (similar to post-back injury Auburn game). So Miami just concentrated on stopping the run which they were successful in doing for the majority of the game.

It stopped when Miami realized we couldn't complete a pass..

Oct 3, 2010, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Seemed to be working fine. Not sure when it stopped ]

and they geared up against the run. Which is what any defense would do. Please learn football, before you go make a bunch of posts trying to analyze the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we keep trying play-action before actually sticking to

Oct 2, 2010, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I love the Power I, but if you can't playaction pass off of ]

the running game long enough to really get it established.

NO, receivers dropped passes, miami geared up against the...

Oct 3, 2010, 6:01 AM

run. Really if you couldn't tell that, you really are clueless when it comes to football

we didn't abandon the running game, miami geared up..

Oct 3, 2010, 5:58 AM [ in reply to that's the thing that really makes me furious ]

against the run in the 2nd half because we couldn't pass the ball because are receivers couldn't catch a pass. My God, are you people that ignorant that you can't tell what went on in the game.

your completely clueless, the problem with our o today was

Oct 3, 2010, 5:56 AM [ in reply to I saw absolutely NO game plan or offensive strategy today. ]

turnovers and dropped passes, that had nothing to do with offensive game planning. Get a clue, with each of your post your showing how little you know of football.

First of all

Oct 2, 2010, 10:34 PM [ in reply to You make some great points. I like Dabo, and I think he's ]

That's the most logical post Blue Caddy has ever made, sometimes the truth just hurts.

Second, I posted last week that there was a rumor going around Greer, that if Bobby Lamb gets booted at Furman this year, which, he almost did last year for not making the playoffs, and today Wofford smacked them around, that Napier would be their target. I know it's just a freaking rumor, but I feel it's worth posting. I know a lot of people in the Greer High booster club, and Bobby Lamb's son is the backup QB for Greer.

I never liked the Napier hire from the start, way too much inexperience for a job like that. There was also a crazy rumor that Mark Richt will get fired by UGA, and Dabo could target him as O-Coordinator. Now that, I do not believe, but I sure would love to see it. I don't think Richt deserves to be fired for one bad season, after all the ten win seasons, but we all know how much of an instant gratification society this is. Second, if Richt does get fired, I can't see another team not jumping on him. I hate to say it, but UGA to Clemson would be a demotion as head coach, let alone head coach to O-Coordinator, but crazier things have happened, but still do not see it.

Richt will not be an OC

Oct 2, 2010, 10:38 PM

if UGA is crazy enough to fire him, he will be picked up somewhere else as an HC.

Maybe even here.

Hmmmmm

Oct 2, 2010, 10:46 PM

You think Terry Don would have the stones to fire Dabo after this year, or are you talking about a couple years down the road? If Richt were fired, I would see him with another job next year, unless he just wanted to take a year or two off.

Unfortunately, no

Oct 2, 2010, 10:49 PM

if TDP had any stones, he would have told TB to not let the doorknob hit him where the good lord split him when he was floating rumors about Arkansas, and picked up Paul Johnson to make good use of JD and CJ.

You've got that right

Oct 2, 2010, 11:26 PM

Under Paul Johnson, Thunder and Lightning would have been at a whole new level.

Also, I wonder if the upset of FSU in 2003, and 63-17 was worth wherever we could be now? Wherever we would be....I have no idea, but TB was out the door after the nightmare in Winston Salem that year, that is, until FSU, and humiliation in the cockroach.

Wish Taylor would have gotten Greer High a win Friday***

Oct 3, 2010, 12:34 PM [ in reply to First of all ]

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

^^^ Yes, you did! ^^^***

Nov 20, 2010, 1:08 PM [ in reply to First of all ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

problem wasn't playcallling it was dropped passes..

Oct 3, 2010, 5:54 AM [ in reply to You make some great points. I like Dabo, and I think he's ]

get a clue

you can't be serious

Oct 3, 2010, 9:36 AM

anyone who was watching that game can tell you that the reason we lost is that we put ourselves in bad positions on offense all day long. If a guy drops a poorly thrown ball on 3rd down, that's bad. But what's worse and what is the cause of the problem is that we were in third and long in the first place. If we had stuck to a power running game between the tackles, from an I or single back formation, we woudln't have been in 3rd and long. Ellington was picking up a solid 4 or 5 yards per clip and Miami couldn't stop him. Then we got cute and started running reverses and sweeps and Miami's obvious team speed shut those down, so we abandoned the run and started passing all over the place with an injured quarterback. This was an obvious failure in offensive coaching.

LMFAO. I wonder how much you believe this head-in-the

Oct 3, 2010, 12:29 PM [ in reply to problem wasn't playcallling it was dropped passes.. ]

sand act that you are posturing.

Oct 2, 2010, 10:24 PM

Serious Question

Clemson has owned Carolina recently and has won the majority.

HAS THIS BEEN A BAD THING ???

At least on two occasions TB was gone but beat USC in the final game ans saved his ###

Dabo beat Carolina and it takes the interim tag off his name.

How much in the long run has the wins over USC hurt Clemson financially and from seeing the big picture.

Every fan base makes the mistake of keeping a bad coach too

Oct 2, 2010, 10:29 PM

long if he continually beats the #1 rival.

It even happens at Texas, Michigan, Alabama, etc. etc.

It's a common theme in college football.

When beating a mediocre USC is the benchmark for coaching success at Clemson then there is a problem at the top, which is an even bigger problem than a myopic fan base!!

Exactly

Oct 2, 2010, 10:36 PM

I honestly feel like Auburn and Alabama feed off of each others success, in a crazy way. The exact opposite is true for Clemson and South Carolina.

Really? Y'all are thumbs upping this?

Oct 2, 2010, 10:25 PM

I'm speechless.

I agree. Maybe it's just the discussion?***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:18 PM

ACC CG his first year. When was the last time we were there?***

Oct 2, 2010, 10:44 PM

Don't read & comp well, do you?***

Oct 2, 2010, 10:45 PM

You don't really know anything about sports, do you?***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:07 PM

^^^^Ignore this guy, something's wrong up there BC...***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:16 PM

How many ACC champ games have there been?

Oct 2, 2010, 11:02 PM [ in reply to ACC CG his first year. When was the last time we were there?*** ]

You act like they've been playing it since the 20's.

Point being our last ACC Championship was early 90's.***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:06 PM

Um... you understand the Championship game started when they

Oct 2, 2010, 11:17 PM

split into divisions right? Last year was our first year there. Sorry, I felt like not being an A hole and actually catching you up to speed. Don't react defensively...

Right, but the ACC actually declared a champion prior to

Oct 2, 2010, 11:42 PM

having a CG. If you go back and read my last post you'll note I said we haven't won an ACC Championship since the early 90's, which is true statement. I never said we haven't won a ACC CG since the early 90's.

My point is last year was the closest we've been to being ACC Champions as we've been since the early 90's.

Just wow...

Oct 2, 2010, 11:46 PM

ACC CG his first year. When was the last time we were there?***
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 10:44 PM

That was one of your posts and you just said they declared a champion but we won a championship game in the early 90s? The OP point that you questioned was at the CG, do you live in your own little world and argue what you wish people had said?

Is anyone else reading this and just as amazed about this guy as I am?

"I feel like I'm taking CRAZY pills!"

Are you drunk?***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:54 PM

Here is your reply. It's the last one you get from me.

Oct 3, 2010, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Just wow... ]

I assume your drunk, or maybe just an ###. Either way, it's a pretty simple thing. Clemson has not been in position to win the ACC since the early 90's up until last year. That is a fact regardless of whether it was winning a chapmionship game or just having having the best record in the ACC prior to having a CG. Dabo did in his first year what several before him failed to do. I know you're upset we lost. I am too but I don't see any reason to undermine what he's did last year.

Your post is long so I may remember it incorrectly, but much

Oct 2, 2010, 10:48 PM

of what you are upset with has to do with the administration. I can't argue with any of that. The BOT, ergo, President, ergo, AD, do not want to tolerate what is necessary for Top 20 football at Clemson. Thus, the years of Clemson being nationally meaningful in football are gone forever.

However, I do disagree in comparing CLemson to such places like Norman, Gainesville, Athens, etc.. Towns are different, schools are big, state schools with loose admissions, and, of course, we have our BOT and Prez.

I also disagree with the point of this post after this game. I expected to win, but this loss doesn't end our season. In my opinion, this loss doesn't warrant doom and gloom posts about the coaching staff or the season. Nevertheless, today makes next week a must-win, and a loss at UNC, which will be a tough game, will in all likelihood render our season mediocre.

The feel and mood in those towns is similar. I use to go to

Oct 2, 2010, 10:56 PM

Tally in the 80s & 90s and despite it being the Florida state capital, it was a dump of a town.

No, they aren't as small as CU, but that's not the point, they're still basically college towns in backwater areas of their state.

Look at how Kansas recruits great black basketball players from all over the country and great coaches. Ever been to Kansas? My sis was there 5 yrs while in the Air Force. Kansas SUCKS!!

And this isn't about one game. Have you been paying attn? We were 9-5 with a pathetic schedule last year. We are not much better in year 2.5 with Dabo than we were with TB.

In bed and college football, size matters.

Oct 2, 2010, 11:21 PM

It is tough for Clemson to compete with the top programs in the southeast and country because of our school and town size, but mainly our school size. Now add the administration's goals and direction, and you know why we are who we are.

That is just stupid! Now we have no chance? Idiot! You do

Oct 3, 2010, 3:09 AM

realize there are plenty of schools with 50,000+ students in big cities that suck in FB?

How about MD?

I don't see Duke or Wake making excuses.

Jesus Christ we have idiot fans!

We were #2 in recruiting last year. Multiple top 20 recruiting classes the past 5 & 10 years. Our problem ain't talent, it's coaching!!

You think the football world went bizzaro since Danny Ford got fired and suddenly Clemson can't compete?

James Davis left ATL to play at CU.

CJ left the shadow of Gainesville to play @ CU!

Are you 12? Do you know ANYTHING about college FB?

Just the facts, ma'am

Oct 3, 2010, 11:53 AM

here is the list of 50,000+ schools which includes
OSU, Florida, Texas,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_United_States_university_campuses_by_enrollment

Actually only the gophers "suck in FB?"

And every one of those schools sucked before their

Oct 3, 2010, 2:45 PM

current HC. And you think a 30k school can't compete with a 50k school? How did Spurrier win the ACC at Duke, tiny Duke, with crappy players already there when he took over.

Size of the school has nothing to do with success. Look at USC as big as they are, SEC money, and legendary coaches!

Like you said, FACTS!!

Size of school does matter, and that is a fact. No school

Oct 3, 2010, 3:43 PM

the size of Clemson competes in the Top 25 year in and year out. Yes, Duke won one ACC championship in the past three decades. Yes, Wake Forest won one ACC championship in the past three decades. But without size which equals money and easier admissions, a school is at a serious disadvantage in competing. Then add our anti-athletic administration to the equation and you have Dabo against the world.

And next time, when you want to argue with me, try just stating facts instead of name-calling and taking my savior's name in vain and all the other crap that shows you have little substance to your argument.

somebody who gets it^^^^^^^

Oct 2, 2010, 11:10 PM

I've been sayin' that since the begining

LOL, dude you have got some serious issues,

Oct 2, 2010, 11:27 PM

i'm not gonna argue with anything you said bc theres really no point, even though most of it is total crap. All im gonna say is this- We are 4 games into the season, we were right there against 2 very good teams, one of which just took the number 2 team in the nation down to the wire in their own house despite 4 ints. And while im not happy with just "being there" in these last two games, the season is not over. We have a very good chance of winning the divison and probably getting a rematch against miami. If youre a true clemson fan like you say you are, how bout supporting this team and coach and save your constant b#tching about hiring dabo until the seasons over.

As an alum & IPTAY member I'll ##### any time or way I ####

Oct 3, 2010, 3:24 AM

well please!

And if I have issues and my OP is crap, why did 24+ people point me?

If it's crap point out the factual errors.

Is our win/loss record better since firing TB?

Please correct me on Dabo & Napier's resumes?

Did we not 2 games in a row not call STUPID plays killing momentum when the running game was working well?

Is the ACC not seen as a joke in college FB?

Is the Atlantic not the worst ACC division?

I can keep going if you like!

Are people not saying "give Dabo more time" exactly like was predicted when he was hired to make an IMMEDIATE IMPACT!!

Does Dabo not LOVE the cute phrase? Come on, you love Dabo, aren't you "all in", come on, quack and let me hear you!! Quack up so I can hear you!!

I can keep going.

Did we not lose to a pathetic MD team last year?

Did we not lose to a GT team that got blasted in the BCS bowl?

Was our record not 9-5 last year? 8-4 regular season, which if it were a traditional 11 game season would of been 7-4. Is 7-4 mediore or ecellence!!???

7-4 with an insanely easy schedule in a pathetic ACC. I'm all in brotha! Quack quack!! Let's go Dabo!! You da man!! Way to hire an experienced OC. Oh wait, Napier never was an OC, ANYWHERE!!! Neither was Dat boy!! Were they? Pleaseeeeeeeeee correct me if I'm wrong?

The only crap around here is the retards & morons that keep accepting this bull #### people have been calling Clemson football for the past 20 years!!

we didn't have bad play calling, are wr's are dropping....

Oct 3, 2010, 6:09 AM

passes, get a clue, you don't know anything about football. I wonder what you will be saying at the end of the season when we are in the acc title game again and have ten wins this year. You will probably disappear from this board.

Oct 3, 2010, 3:01 AM

Amen my friend...amen.

Danny Ford was a position coach***

Oct 3, 2010, 5:53 AM

young too...won NC at age 34***

Oct 3, 2010, 10:24 AM

Re: Danny Ford was a position coach***

Oct 3, 2010, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Danny Ford was a position coach*** ]

on a team that went 10-1 (only loss to UGA) not 3-3 (with a loss to winless Maryland). Big diffrence.

he needs to rub Les Miles' head so that he can still win

Oct 3, 2010, 10:23 AM

while being a bad HC

GT had similar talent to us last year. We didn't

Oct 3, 2010, 10:30 AM

have enough talented players to tackle Nesbit very often or guard Thomas one on one.

Their OL manhandled our DL and LBs at times and their DBs were more talented than our WRs.

Miami prolly has a little better talent and we beat them last year.

I think it's wise to let all the games play out before making these types of statements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything id have said and then WAY more!***

Oct 3, 2010, 12:34 PM

Photobucket

That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever read

Oct 3, 2010, 4:12 PM

To say that last year's team was "loaded with talent" is a bit of a stretch. Our team last year was easily the least talented team we've had in the last 5 years. We had more talent in 2006, 2007, and 2008. And Dabo was able to do what Tommy couldn't with a less talented team.

You complain about our win loss record last year and say our schedule was loaded with cupcakes, but Dabo also went out of his way to schedule a game with a TCU team ranked in the top 10. Our only truly embarrassing loss last season was to Maryland. To say that GT getting killed in their bowl game means we should have beaten them is just plain stupid. GT beat a lot of teams in the regular season, but having a month to prepare for them in the bowl will always be Paul Johnson's problem (especially when their bowl opponent is a talented team like Iowa).

Do you really think playcalling had a huge effect on the outcome of the Auburn and Miami games? Playcalling didn't cause Parker to have trouble on a number of throws. Playcalling didn't lead to multiple drops. Playcalling didn't fail to pick up that crucial yard late in the game. Playcalling didn't make Dye drop a beautiful pass on a trick play. I think Napier's done a good job calling plays this season. That doesn't mean I think every coach has done a good job (I think it's time the Scotts were shown the door). But you can't get upset with Napier when our offense put up 21 points in Death Valley. That should have won the game.

And to act like we could just go out and get a big name coach and change things overnight is crazy. Your entire post is just one giant rant relying on little or no evidence. This is not year 3 for this coaching staff. It is EARLY in year 2. You really have no reason to say that Dabo's results are the same as Bowden's. You're the kind of fan that would have been ready to fire Danny Ford in 1980. You're the kind of fan that ####### and moans and acts like he's owed something. Awww, boo ####### hoo we lost a game to Miami (a game in which we played like crap and still had a chance late in the game). The way our schedule looks right now, we just got through playing the toughest 2 teams on our schedule. I would have loved to be 4-0 right now, but there's nothing we can do about that now. If you're a Clemson fan, I'm ashamed to call myself one after reading your stupid post.

I would probably put last year in the same class as previous***

Oct 3, 2010, 5:50 PM

We "should of won" the game?

Oct 3, 2010, 5:16 PM

Dude. Before you start bashing a guy who is working his butt off, maybe you should concentrate on learning your native (I'm guessing) language?

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic