Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't stop people from Standing up at GAME!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Don't stop people from Standing up at GAME!

Sep 29, 2010, 12:12 PM

One of the worst things at games is when you get that tap on your back and someone asks you to sit down! Death Valley did not get its nick name from sitting down giving golf claps. Its one thing if person behind you is elderly or handicapped but most the time its just a lazy fan who if they wanted to just sit there and be quiet should have watched it on TV. So my point is STAND UP and CHEER, that's the whole point of getting involved with Clemson football!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're called "stands" for a reason.***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

but what about driveways and parkways???

Explain THAT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why does a shipment go by car and cargo goes by ship?***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:21 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

What's the plural of 'goose'?

Sep 29, 2010, 12:52 PM [ in reply to but what about driveways and parkways??? ]

Now, what is the plural of 'moose'?

What is the plural of 'mouse'?

Now, what is the plural of 'house'?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

geese, meese, meese, heese

Sep 29, 2010, 1:07 PM

What do i win?

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moosen! I saw a flock of moosen!

Sep 29, 2010, 10:49 PM [ in reply to What's the plural of 'goose'? ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxenUzZPFiQ

If you haven't heard that, you need to stop what you're doing and listen.

There's something in these hills.

And you have a seat number for a reason.***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:22 PM [ in reply to They're called "stands" for a reason.*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, so you know where to stand in front of***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:22 PM

Hard to stand on the promises...

when you're sitting on the premises...oh wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not sure why people equate standing with being loud.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:15 PM

I can be just as loud sitting as I can standing. Just ask the guy next to me who said "holy crap that was amazing" when I was yelling on defense at the first game.

Photobucket

^^^ lazy^^^

Sep 29, 2010, 12:21 PM

...or overweight...

or doesn't want to stand for 3 hours on a knee i just

had surgery on.

Photobucket

clearly you're not getting drunk enough before the game***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM

I'm sure not. I actually ENJOY watching the game for the

Sep 29, 2010, 12:24 PM

game and remembering what happened.

Photobucket

self medication!***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hence the handicap he put in his post.***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM [ in reply to or doesn't want to stand for 3 hours on a knee i just ]

why do people stand when they sing?***

Sep 29, 2010, 2:29 PM [ in reply to I am not sure why people equate standing with being loud. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't stop people from Standing up at GAME!

Sep 29, 2010, 12:15 PM

I hate it the most when the people in front of me are standing up for rows and rows, and the person behind me wants me to sit down. I mean seriously, I'm not missing the game so you can stay seated. If being a football fan were easy, there would be women and children doing it.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:16 PM

and when U finish the cheer SIT DOWN so others can see!!it is VERY RUDE to stand when others want to see!!

Must be a Miami fan, or you are lazy at typing as well.***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:25 PM

I am not arguing with you

Sep 29, 2010, 12:17 PM

but you may be able to make the same amount of noise sitting down as you do when standing up. Just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

not true***

really? If you know how to properly use your diaphragm

Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM

you sure will.

Photobucket

I thought I did, but now I have three kids

Sep 29, 2010, 12:24 PM

wut?

Oh.

that's why choir directors always want you to sit and sing***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:27 PM [ in reply to really? If you know how to properly use your diaphragm ]

if you sit properly on the edge of your seat you get the same

Sep 29, 2010, 12:32 PM

amount of air as if you are standing.

Every choir I've ever been in we SIT when we practice.

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

Photobucket

While to some degree you are both correct

Sep 29, 2010, 12:36 PM

(former choir boy myself) I wish our football board did not have posts analyzing proper diaphragm techniques for singing and the parallels to cheering at a football game. We are slowly morphing into Duke and UNC

so you're saying im right***

Sep 29, 2010, 1:03 PM

Re: if you sit properly on the edge of your seat you get the same

Sep 29, 2010, 10:46 PM [ in reply to if you sit properly on the edge of your seat you get the same ]

Incorrect. Big choir geek here...okay, fine, I'll call it by what it is -- a gleek.

Even sitting on the edge of your seat, you do not get as deep of a breath. Your diaphram does not go down as far because the organs below it do not have as much room to compact or move.

SOME choirs sit when they practice. At Clemson, Men's and Women's glee did mainly because they were large and unauditioned. Church choirs and community choirs often do because of the age of its members. CU Singers NEVER were allowed to sit when I was there (bad form), nor were the a cappella groups.

Link please***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:26 PM [ in reply to not true*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link please***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:28 PM

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1009837/never+seen+this+before/

Thanks***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:43 PM

Actually, science says otherwise.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:30 PM [ in reply to I am not arguing with you ]

In a study in the late 1990s by (I think) the University of New Mexico on ambient noise and health issues, one of the side results discovered was that an audience standing mad a perceptibly louder total noise than one sitting. I don't recall the exact percentage, but I'm sure it's on the Web somewhere.

Now, I don't think it noted if the increased noise was from expanded lung capacity from no sitting compression or if the people who were standing were more naturally inclined to yell louder.

But there is no doubt that a stadium of 80,000 people standing and yelling will be louder than 80,000 sitting and yelling.

Whether you will ever have a stadium of 80,000 doing so remains to be seen. But I'm willing to bet that in the Sept. 2005 game against Miami in the fourth quarter, there weren't many people sitting, and that was the loudest the place has been in more than a decade.

Coincidence?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, you changed my mind

Sep 29, 2010, 12:45 PM

However, I was going to stand anyway.

My BIGGEST PEAVE!!

Sep 29, 2010, 12:25 PM

I hate when people go to the game and just sit the entire time. 3rd and Goal and people are sitting. Bugs the jeebaz out of me. Why go to the game if you are just going to sit there and cheer. They installed benches instead of chairs for a reason: So you would never get comfortable. HUGE game this Saturday and I am not going to sit down.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:29 PM

I only sit when the girlfriend makes me after i have made a complete ### of myself....then i take a two minute timeout....start standing again. Just my routine....im pretty sure its a life cycle for me.

I sit when I get a headache from yelling***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:31 PM

I sit when I pass out from yelling***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sit when I pass out from yelling***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:38 PM

I sit when I am dead.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:33 PM

Yeah and we've been sitting most of the week getting ready for the game, and will have plenty of time to sit after the game, so game time is the time to suck it up, stand up, and do your part making noise and participating to give Clemson its reputation! (not tap people on the shoulder)

I will say that if you MUST crop dust, please sit down***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:37 PM

Re: I will say that if you MUST crop dust, please sit down***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:38 PM

I cropdust on the reg.

Might want to stand up if your behind me

hotdogs, boiled peanuts, and crop dusting...nothing better***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:39 PM

Re: hotdogs, boiled peanuts, and crop dusting...nothing better***

Sep 29, 2010, 12:43 PM

Hotdogs, boiled peanuts, natural light, breakfast burrito, mirmosa, beam and coke.....and crop dusting

Just saying......Say no to facial crop dusting....STAND UP

like so many before it

Sep 29, 2010, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I will say that if you MUST crop dust, please sit down*** ]

this post has degenerated

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like so many before it

Sep 29, 2010, 1:19 PM

Those #### degenerates causing trouble.

Re: I will say that if you MUST crop dust, please sit down***

Sep 30, 2010, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I will say that if you MUST crop dust, please sit down*** ]

OMG!

Why is it so hard to find middle ground on this topic? Some

Sep 29, 2010, 12:45 PM

of us stand for some of the game, but not all of it. Some of you (I know the original post mentioned this, but there are others who don't care) may not have ever had a parent or grandparent, or family member with a health issue, who liked attending games but would struggle to stand up for three hours. Maybe you just think "old" people should stop coming to football games. Maybe you think people shouldn't bring young children either. The fact is that the people behind you paid just as much for their tickets as you did. They surely know you will stand up at times, but if you are younger and healthier, why not compromise and sit down some of the time?

Message was edited by: GBS®

Re: Why is it so hard to find middle ground on this topic? Some

Sep 29, 2010, 12:52 PM

How about this:

DV creates a section for sitting only fans. This section is placed in the North Upper. You are all happy and add nothing to the environment.

If you have a health issue please see the Clemson Athletic Dept. so that they can help you get a handicap pass.

Going to the game and asking people to sit is like going to a marathon and asking everyone to walk. It is what it is. One day i am going to be an old fart with all kinds of problems. Its not something i look forward to, but its part of life

Actually, I stand more than sit, and make quite a bit of

Sep 29, 2010, 12:59 PM

noise either way. I have never asked anyone to sit down...so don't banish me to the upper deck just yet. ;)

I have neither parents or grandparents***

Sep 29, 2010, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Why is it so hard to find middle ground on this topic? Some ]

"who liked attending games"...***

Sep 29, 2010, 1:04 PM

I sprung, fully formed, from the mind of Zeus

Sep 29, 2010, 1:06 PM

PROVE ME WRONG!!

Re: I sprung, fully formed, from the mind of Zeus

Sep 29, 2010, 1:07 PM

Then we must be brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

Still looking..

Sep 29, 2010, 1:20 PM [ in reply to I sprung, fully formed, from the mind of Zeus ]

I went to the Boise/VT game at FedEx Field...

Sep 29, 2010, 1:01 PM

Every single VT fan stood the entire time anything was going on in the game.

Same at Texas A&M

Sep 29, 2010, 1:59 PM

It's the same at A&M. People stand the whole game (even at half time when their band plays). I prefer to stand. I'll sit if someone who can't stand or shouldn't stand is behind me (or move altogether, if possible). However, if the person in front of me is standing, and the person behind me wants me to sit, what am I to do? I will usually try to work something out so that the person behind me gets to see. But, if they can stand and just don't want to, that's not my problem. I payed to get into the stadium just like they did; I'm going to watch the game.

You're either that 12th Man or You're Not

Sep 29, 2010, 1:08 PM

Turn Up the Volume if you Can
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-482408443085380597#

If we're able to this for 4 Quarters it'll restore Death Valley to the place of Legend it was in the late 70's and 80's.

Yea, you can't shout and sit at the same time. Oh wait you

Sep 29, 2010, 2:30 PM

can. Just don't be one of the dumbarses that turns around imploring everyone to stand with them and then gets mad when they don't.

Sep 30, 2010, 11:01 AM

There is no one a bigger Clemson fan that me. I would throw myself in front of a train for Clemson, however, my pet peeve is the guy who thinks he has to stand up the entire game. At the Gator Bowl in 2008 I had to politely ask the guy and his girlfriend in front of us to sit down. There were times when absolutely nothing was happening and they chose to stand up. They were the only ones in the entire section standing. Standing up the entire game has absolutely NOTHING to do with your love and support for Clemson.

Exactly. Had that problem last year with 4 people who stood

Sep 30, 2010, 3:14 PM

and " TEXTED " friends on the hill when NOTHING was going on. They were adamant about standing, etc. etc. Left at the start of the 4th. They left,I mean.

You disappoint me***

Sep 30, 2010, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't stop people from Standing up at GAME! ]

Grandma Vacuums Cat GIF - Grandma Vacuums Cat
see more Gifs

Sep 30, 2010, 3:40 PM

Next year, when SEATS are sold before the season begins, be sure and ask for the standing section outside of the stadium. After a couple of cool ones it will not matter to you anyway. Someday, before you grow up, someone may teach you to yell really loud while sitting down. A number of intellectual fans have mastered this art.
And by the way, the players really don't look up to see if you are standing!!!

Sep 30, 2010, 4:43 PM

I say you should stand, but on the concrete part. Why does anyone stand on that extra metal part. There's no benefit. You're no louder. no more into the game. It's just less comfortable and more dangerous. I wish we stood on the darn concrete part.

I have a bad knee and can not stand the whole game.

Sep 30, 2010, 4:27 PM

I still have to ice my knee when I get home if I sit most of the game. Not all of us have a luxuary to stand the whole time.

Stand on the concrete

Sep 30, 2010, 4:45 PM

Why do we stand on the metal bleachers when there is a much better area to stand right in front. I think one short guy did it and caused a terrible wave.

who is stopping you? i have to stand, i can not

Sep 30, 2010, 8:49 PM

sit still

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic