Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chickens already penciling in Clemson game as "likely win"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Chickens already penciling in Clemson game as "likely win"

Aug 16, 2010, 12:03 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/435807-sec-football-preview-can-south-carolina-finally-break-through

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I missing something with their team?

Aug 16, 2010, 12:06 AM

All of a sudden I'm hearing how this is supposed to be one of their best teams in years... What happened? Yeah Garcia will be back but he's not great on his best days and they still don't have an o-line. Their D will be solid but I don't see them finishing higher than 3rd in the SEC West and I wouldn't be penciling in any "likely wins" if I were them...

end of that article says it all....

Aug 16, 2010, 12:11 AM

Prediction:
7-5, Third SEC East

all that other crap is repeated every yr, just change the name of players

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chickens already penciling in Clemson game as "likely win"

Aug 16, 2010, 12:19 AM

"Q: Could highly touted freshman Marcus Lattimore win the starting job at running back?

A: He certainly could be the starter for some games in 2010, but you have to remember the “running back stable” for USC is the deepest it has ever been."

Uhm........huh? Running back stable? LMAO!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're loaded at RB, but possible troubles with the OL.

Aug 16, 2010, 1:00 AM

Sound familiar?

USC doesn't have a running back that would break our 2 deep***

Aug 16, 2010, 8:37 AM

That's what you guys said about your Qbs too, and now one of

Aug 16, 2010, 10:46 AM

those QBs is playing safety at Marshall.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

thanks #### lover! ***

Aug 16, 2010, 10:47 AM

Trolling today, huh Toog?***

Aug 16, 2010, 10:51 AM [ in reply to That's what you guys said about your Qbs too, and now one of ]

Just stating facts.***

Aug 16, 2010, 10:52 AM

thanks #### lover!***

Aug 16, 2010, 10:52 AM

Shouldn't you be in Columbia or Rock Hill sweeping

Aug 16, 2010, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Just stating facts.*** ]

something under the rug BEFORE the NCAA makes a fourth visit????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fact is Korn had a shoulder injury and...

Aug 16, 2010, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Just stating facts.*** ]

for QBs that isn't a quick recovery. In addition, rarely does a QB transfer and learn a system in a few months...I didn't expect him to do it at Marshall. That doesn't mean he's a bad QB.

But in addressing your depth issues at QB, yes he's still better than any backup USC has.

So Marshall has 3 QBs better than the backup at USC?

Aug 16, 2010, 12:24 PM

Find that hard to believe.

Re: So Marshall has 3 QBs better than the backup at USC?

Aug 16, 2010, 1:21 PM

Before Korn got hurt he was better than ANY qb you had !!
Then and Now

How do you know?***

Aug 16, 2010, 5:38 PM

In case you missed it, he was beat out by a freshman

Aug 16, 2010, 10:59 AM [ in reply to That's what you guys said about your Qbs too, and now one of ]

at Clemson. You coots are all the same. Every year is "the year" and then by the middle of the season you're all talking about next year.

Partner, they are already talking about Connor Shaw. But,

Aug 16, 2010, 11:06 AM

what I really appreciate is when Spurrier says something like," We are ready to compete for the SEC this year", the coots say," Boys, the OBC says we are ready this year. He really knows we have a chance. He doesn't blow smoke". But, when he says,"Nobody is getting after it on the O line. Garcia looked bad today and he better get with it". Then, the coots say," Well, the OBC is just saying that to get the guys motivated. He doesn't really think we aren't any good".

He cant help the fact that he got injured. Shoulder injuries are

Aug 16, 2010, 11:19 AM [ in reply to That's what you guys said about your Qbs too, and now one of ]

hard to get over. You let Steven Garcia tear up a shoulder and let's see where he would wind up. Its not like Willy sucks or something, he just had bad luck with injuries. Oh yeah, thanks for your input, I love your posts.

Absolutely... his shoulder injury is the reason for his

Aug 16, 2010, 12:26 PM

curent situation. that said, how do you really know if he was going to be great before he got hurt. he never really had a chance to play meaningful snaps.

That's my point. People here claimed he was great long before he even had a chance to do anything.

What "guys"? Who are you talking about?

Aug 16, 2010, 12:10 PM [ in reply to That's what you guys said about your Qbs too, and now one of ]

Will you ever learn, when one person states an opinion or even if it's several people, that doesn't mean the same people previously said the polar opposite of the statement.

In other words, when you read a post on Tigernet that does not line up with something you read on another occasion, that doesn't mean the same "guys" were involved in any previous statements.

In other words, you didn't state any "facts". If you had any sort of life outside of faking it on Tigernet and elsewhere, then perhaps you'd realize how much of a fool you make yourself out to be (over and over again).

True, but they're still loaded at RB.

Aug 16, 2010, 10:53 AM [ in reply to USC doesn't have a running back that would break our 2 deep*** ]

Most talented Gamecock team that we've seen in a long time. Their OL, however, could be awful which would equal a 7-5 season in the SEC.

What makes you say that?***

Aug 16, 2010, 12:10 PM

Summers, Boyd, and Davis

Aug 16, 2010, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Chickens already penciling in Clemson game as "likely win" ]

what a legacy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

How is this different from every other year?***

Aug 16, 2010, 1:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Aug 16, 2010, 1:12 AM

>Make no mistake about it, if the potential to win the SEC East is off the table then beating Clemson is high priority.

No ####, that's the only thing they have left once they stumble their way through their usual SEC schedule.

Aug 16, 2010, 6:27 AM

It's the same with UGA. Ever summer they all post about how they will beat the Dawgs... I mean EVERY summer. And some of them even predict scores such as 31-10, 28-7 etc... I mean, blowouts.

Then the season progresses, and they find themselves with something like a 7-6 record, having lost most of their late season games and a probable loss to their bowl opponent. The, after that bowl loss, they all swear to never again predict success.

But, by the time July and August roll back around, they are again back to their normal selves. You'll hear talk about winning the SEC East, the SEC, how they'll beat Clemson, final regular season record predictions of 10-2 or 11-1 (I think even THEY discount the frequent 12-0 preditions) etc-- I mean it's insanity.

I mean my God, when have they ever been in a position or 'pencil in' a win against Clemson? Not in my memory, and I'm now in my 40's. Maybe when they had George Rogers in the late 1970's? I have no clue, but I can't ever recall a time.

Aug 16, 2010, 10:36 AM

This times a 1000!!!!!

Don't they always?***

Aug 16, 2010, 7:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yep. kinda like we pencil them as a win every year.***

Aug 16, 2010, 7:51 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. kinda like we pencil them as a win every year.***

Aug 16, 2010, 7:58 AM

And we're right 8 out of 10 times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Winning 70% of the time allows us to do that. But them?

Aug 16, 2010, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Yep. kinda like we pencil them as a win every year.*** ]

Not so much.

Except we are the better program and usually win.***

Aug 16, 2010, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Yep. kinda like we pencil them as a win every year.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His worst case scenario still has them beating us. Ha!

Aug 16, 2010, 8:01 AM

That's funny right there. Very amusing.

Well, with the best " stable" of running backs they have eve

Aug 16, 2010, 8:13 AM

had and the best O line Coach and linebackers set to replace Norwood, and jucos out that ying yang ready to dominate, what should we expect?

I remember in 2003 their predictions for that game.

Aug 16, 2010, 11:34 PM [ in reply to His worst case scenario still has them beating us. Ha! ]

Oh how they were wrong.

He is on ka,ka,ka,ka, craaaaackkkk. He's ga,ga,ga,got

Aug 16, 2010, 8:10 AM

Ka,Ka,Ka,Clemson as a d,d,d,ddaaa,da,da definite win?!!!That sombritches tore me up!

Aug 16, 2010, 8:21 AM

They are penciling in a NC, same as they do every year. probably 6-5, and by the way, they will get that butt spanked by the Tigers once again. History and the Chicken Curse are on our side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm. Only been 40 YEARS since they beat us back to back.

Aug 16, 2010, 8:37 AM

Yeah, winning is so likely....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They have said that the last 15 years I have been following

Aug 16, 2010, 9:13 AM

Clemson football. It doesnt work out well for them. They should learn to keep their mouths shut until after they accomplish something.

Aug 16, 2010, 11:12 AM

How can you dispute the words of a "left over hot dog"? PUUUUUKE!

Go to this link and look at the coots conference standings

Aug 16, 2010, 11:17 AM

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/conf%20stats/2009000000911TD.HTML

They finished 6th or worse in the SEC in 15 out of 20 catefories. They were last or next to last in 5 of them. And as far as being 4th in the conference in passing, well they attempted more passes than anyone else because they could not run it a lick. Their yards per completion average was 7th. Now, their O line , as I pedicted several years ago, is going to be worse this year than last. The coots say they can't be worse, but they said that after going 1-10 too. They have not recruited well on the O line for years and they have not retained the ones they recruited. As soon as teams stop the run on them this year, they are going to bring it full force and Garcia will start his running and fumbling routine again.

And once again. We played two lousy games last year. MD and UCS. If not for our pitiful performance last year, they would have never even been mentioned this year.

Re: They have more coming back

Aug 16, 2010, 4:15 PM

Well thye have a lot of talent coming back this year and could make noise. I might get ragged for tsaying that because Im new and Im not as biased as a lot of the fans on here but if as of right now I would say they could beat us. Stuff can change but as of right now thats my prediction. Its early to even talk about this though.

7-6 (3-5), and ranked #42. Yeah buddy, you guys have tons of

Aug 16, 2010, 5:26 PM

tangible evidence to support your optimism.

By the way, please stop posing as a Clemson fan. It really makes you look foolish.

Re: 7-6 (3-5), and ranked #42. Yeah buddy, you guys have tons of

Aug 16, 2010, 6:45 PM

Say what you want but last i checked they spanked us last year. Our offense made mistakes and they scored. i dont buy the we were looking ahead. If we were then i blame that on the coaches. Dont know why we would be looking ahead then i expected us to be so they should have been ready for that position. So i am more worried about our receivers instead of their team. A lot of injuries can make things go bad in a hurry.

Dude, we played like crap. We gave it to them on the 4 the 8

Aug 16, 2010, 11:44 PM

and the 14 yard line. 21 points off of about 30 yards of offense. We fumbled, they recovered. They fumbled three times and recovered them all. It was their day. But, it in no way translates into a win this year. Yeah, if we have a LOT of injuries as you either predict or desire, then we could have a bad year. On the other hand, the coots already have experienced several injuries. Their O line is weak with a full contingent of players and they have lost 4 to date. Their D line has no depth, and their starting tight end may be suspended , with a back up with a broken arm.

The thing about "penciling" something in...

Aug 17, 2010, 2:51 AM

It's easy to erase when you're wrong. And they are 80% of the time.

Remind the Coots of these Coach Superior facts.

Aug 17, 2010, 5:26 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Spurrier

Scroll down. Most noticeable is in his first 5 years at Florida his team finished first every time in the conference or division. In his last seven years at UF he averaged 1st in his division. In his five years at U of Coot, he's averaged between 3rd and 4th only in their division.

Also OBS has 18 Wins and 22 Losses at U of Coot in the SEC. He only had 12 SEC loses in his entire 12 years at Florida.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic