Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the people who are so offended by the drunks...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 108
| visibility 1

To the people who are so offended by the drunks...

Aug 12, 2010, 9:25 PM

Look...it's Death Valley. If you can't handle your kids hearing a curse word here or there then you should probably leave them at home. In no way shape or form do I think it's okay to act like a belligerent drunk, however I have a suspicion most of you complaining are those Holier Than Thou douchers looking for the littlest thing to show your ### about. If you've instilled the values in your children as most of you seem to imply that you have then they should have no problem distinguishing belligerent drunks from a average fan who utters a curse word. So, get off your high horse and pay attention to the game instead of searching for someone to lecture to. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure do seem

Aug 12, 2010, 9:29 PM

to have a lot of values. Mama must be proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I apologize if I am speaking out of turn....

Aug 12, 2010, 9:34 PM

But as Iquickly glanced over this forum I didn't see the discussion to which you refer....but I have a question for you; do you think you represent yourself very well with that argument of yours? Perhaps those values that were instilled within you didn't take, unless, of course, you wish to belittle your parents in this discussion as well. But, at any rate, sure, you can curse and swear and drink all you want - go gor it big man. Prove who you are to everyone; go "all in," too.

Though I do wonder something, do you think you make the team proud by such actions?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I apologize if I am speaking out of turn....

Aug 12, 2010, 9:46 PM

It's seems to have been an ongoing topic all day so i feel my post is completely relevant. Also I would like to thank you by proving my point quite clearly. Now, where in my previous post did i even mention that I partake in alcohol on gameday?? Oh wait! I didn't. For the most part I don't even drink on gameday, or curse in games, but since I don't fall in line with your beliefs then I ("can curse and swear and drink all you want - go for it big man. Prove who you are to everyone." -skillet) Not to mention you implied I had a set of parents, who failed to instilling values in my life. Thanks for proving my point. Unbelievable.

You gotta stand for something, or you will fall for anything

Aug 12, 2010, 9:56 PM

And if you don't think the things you stand for represent who you are....well, glad I could prove your point - as you say. LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

you got to be your own man, not a puppet on a stringggg*****

Aug 12, 2010, 10:04 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for the Aaron Tippin reference

Aug 13, 2010, 8:57 AM

South Carolina Boy!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give up man. These folks don't read the posts, they skim it

Aug 14, 2010, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I apologize if I am speaking out of turn.... ]

and take a few words here and there and create their own thoughts. I read angry replies all the time to my posts and scratch my head trying to figure out where they possibly come up with such stupidity. Half the time it's not even on the same topic or even related to my post. The other half they might be on topic but saying I said one thing when I said the exact opposite. This board is populated with a bunch of complete morons, or evangelicals that can't post anything without injecting some irrational religious spin into everything they post.

Who would have thought a discussion about drinking...

Aug 12, 2010, 9:38 PM

would be the most controversial topic this offseason?

Seems pretty simple: If you want to drink, drink. If you don't want to drink, don't drink. Either way, don't be an ### to those around you and most importantly BE LOUD.

Message was edited by: creatiger®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one ever said they can't drink. If you go back to the

original post, you'll see it says drunk fools who CURSE up a STORM. Meaning alot of cursing around CHILDREN.

Re: No one ever said they can't drink. If you go back to the

Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM

Wilson........I agree with you. Drink, have a good time, and enjoy the ballgame. Just have alittle cooth about it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I can agree with you there...

Aug 12, 2010, 10:02 PM [ in reply to No one ever said they can't drink. If you go back to the ]

If someone has children then those nearby should temper their language as appropriate.

That is the whole point creatiger. Respect the lady and kids***

Aug 12, 2010, 10:06 PM

nm

Message was edited by: Wilsontiger06®

Re: That is the whole point creatiger. Respect the lady and kids***

Aug 14, 2010, 5:39 PM

the implication in the orginal thread was that anyone who curses in fron of children at games must be a drunk. They were referred to as drunks, not people who are drunk. There is a difference(for those of you who just skim posts)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I paid just as much as anybody for my tickets, so

Aug 12, 2010, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Who would have thought a discussion about drinking... ]

if an annoying fan around me thinks he can make it a bad experience for me and my kids, he will have to deal with me directly.

That's the way I look at it. That policy has worked pretty well over the last 20 years.

Where do you sit?

Aug 13, 2010, 7:33 AM

I'll be sure to avoid that section.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about those of us who curse and are sober?

Aug 12, 2010, 9:38 PM

I need to know where I stand in this debate

I say be consistent, no matter what you do. Personally

Aug 12, 2010, 9:42 PM

I utter a few ugly words every now and then....

but I'm no angel.....I hope this doesn;t keep me out of heaven. I think god will be my judge and jury, not the so called christians that want to judge me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I say be consistent, no matter what you do. Personally

Aug 12, 2010, 10:03 PM

Amen Mac Amen !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha...i don't give a crap about your soul

Aug 13, 2010, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I say be consistent, no matter what you do. Personally ]

just don't want a bunch of drunkards cussing up a storm in front of my toddler and preschooler.

the occasional expletive is expected...but not whole streams of it. just a matter of class

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: What about those of us who curse and are sober?

Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM [ in reply to What about those of us who curse and are sober? ]

I agree with your point. If it is'nt diet Pepsi or water, mainly diet Pepsi, it does't get to my lips. And i do my very best not to curse in front of women and children. But i swear some ### times it does come the h&ll out. I do leave the vulgar words at home in the back yard. But please don't cause me to use the ones i have on a credit card.

IMHO

Aug 12, 2010, 10:08 PM [ in reply to What about those of us who curse and are sober? ]

Everyone is gonna say SOMETHING during a heated battle (game). That is expected. If kids are around, use something other than the history of a fellas family. If you get my drift.

I get drunk but don't curse. Where do I stand?***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:44 AM [ in reply to What about those of us who curse and are sober? ]

null

right behind dsp...duh***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:45 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

You just pi$$ed off Gwp.***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:49 AM

null

^^^misspelled on***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:52 AM

irregardless looser, he's mad.***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:53 AM

null

he will just get drunk and cuss***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:54 AM

Speaking of drunks, nice photo of Ford.***

Aug 12, 2010, 9:48 PM

Ford doesn't drink anylonger. He attends a church we visited

Aug 12, 2010, 9:57 PM

last year.

Yeah...people who go to church dont drink***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:31 AM

DF does indeed drink; Budweiser to be specific.

Aug 13, 2010, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Ford doesn't drink anylonger. He attends a church we visited ]

I know. I had a beer with him a few months ago. His language was pretty bad too. He was having a good time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DF does indeed drink; Budweiser to be specific.

Aug 14, 2010, 4:34 PM

He use to drink Strohs beer, but drank anything by Bud when coach at Clemson...The man loves a good cold one!!

Re: DF does indeed drink; Budweiser to be specific.

Aug 16, 2010, 10:34 AM [ in reply to DF does indeed drink; Budweiser to be specific. ]

Obviously then he made a false profession of faith. I guess he was just lying in church then.

I chose not to drink at games, but have no problem . . .

with those who do chose to do so. What I do have a problem with is people who get out of control when they drink, especially at night games. I see no reason why someone would feel like they need to throw the "F" word or "GD" word around like they're a "D" Yankee. If a Tiger fan can't control themselves and their language when they drink, I would just assume they hit the road to Cootlumbia and meet some new friends. You'd fit in there better anyway and have more reasons to use foul language in public.

That was the whole thing tigerfaiken. The rude out of contro

Aug 12, 2010, 9:58 PM

control drunk who can't handle their alcohol. +1

I agree. It's football... Quit being so liberal

Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM

It's a hard nose, smashmouth game, and there's nothing wrong with tailgating that way. It's a celebration. I don't want to promote a bunch of stumbling, drunken fans insulting for the heck of it but come on now... Quit p##sy footing around. Party hardy.

Kids are gonna see it sooner or later. If they aren't exposed, how will they be able to tell the difference between ignorance and grown up talk?

Not liberal

Aug 12, 2010, 10:19 PM

conservative!

Re: Not liberal

Aug 12, 2010, 10:31 PM

One of the things that has always set Clemson apart is (was) the family atmosphere. (i.e. lack of drunks, obscene language, reference to sex acts etc.) I've heard it for years and observed the difference in us and other schools who at best tried to produce a "pro" atmosphere. That's generally considered a crowd of mostly foul mouthed, heavy drinking men.....wives are scarce and no decent parent would take their children for a dose of it. I attended my first Clemson game in 1964 sitting in my Dad's lap in the student section....I graduated in 1981 and have a son there now, daughter just graduated. Pretty sad to me to see how it changes for the worse every year. But, it's just a sign of our declining values.

You're about to start a whole new debate, Sparky***

Aug 12, 2010, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Not liberal ]

I know. I'm pretty good at it too ;)***

Aug 12, 2010, 11:58 PM

Oh the wonders of DT.***

Aug 13, 2010, 12:07 AM

so you vote yourself to do the exposing?***

Aug 13, 2010, 8:38 AM [ in reply to I agree. It's football... Quit being so liberal ]

I think your suspicions are wrong - dead wrong; at least

Aug 12, 2010, 11:05 PM

they are in my case. This has gotten waaaay away from the subject of the original post.

Nobody is complaining about drinking at football games.

Nobody is complaining about about an occasional curse word uttered in the heat of the moment.

Nobody has said they don't expect to see drinking or hear some cussing at football games, or even some drunks.

The complaint is about those who go overboard, get plastered, obnoxious, and curse up a storm, and in other words have no respect and consideration for others. Some people do it without taking a sip; they are just rude, inconsiderate people. That is all this was ever about.

I don't think it's holier than thou to view this as something that is unacceptable or should in any way be tolerated. It's not widespread, so it's not that big of a problem; unless of course, you are one of the unfortunate ones who is subjected to this kind of behavior. Then it sucks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think your suspicions are wrong - dead wrong; at least

Aug 13, 2010, 4:30 PM

Exactly. The OP has been twisted.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is No Way to Go Through Life Son

Aug 13, 2010, 2:03 AM

Dean W.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the lecture***

Aug 13, 2010, 7:31 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess he's holier than thou. ;)***

Aug 13, 2010, 3:22 PM

I agee but there seem to be more and more. When we had

Aug 13, 2010, 7:38 AM

all early start times in the old days, there were very few. It seems the later start times increase the number of drunks. That's partly why there have always been so many more in Columbia through the years, plus more party people and drunks in general go to their games.

I saw more drunk Clemson fans in Tampa at the ACCCG than I ever have. It was the late start, cold weather, and general bowl type atmosphere I'm guessing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha...sorry dude but Death Valley aint a bar

Aug 13, 2010, 8:28 AM

but you go right ahead...when i ask you to stop think twice before continuing

Death Valley is also not a nursery

Aug 13, 2010, 4:55 PM

I always had a babysitter up until I was around seven years old, when my parents attended games. If people allow their kids to get on the internet, without putting parental controls on it, they will likely hear and see even worse on youtube.

It's the freaking real world anyways. Teach your kids whatever values you want them to have, and they will normally listen to their parents more than they will some dude in north stands section D. You can't shelter them forever.

kids been hearin n saying it all on playgrounds for decades***

Aug 14, 2010, 1:50 AM

pure class...wonderful justification***

Aug 16, 2010, 10:21 AM

Not all of those that are drunk are loud and obnoxious and

Aug 13, 2010, 8:31 AM

not all of those that are loud and obnoxious are drunk

Is it too much to ask for my wife and two daughters

Aug 13, 2010, 8:48 AM

not have the entire Death Valley experience soured by an obnoxious person(s) (drunk or sober, but usually drunk) yelling F-bombs and other obscenities?

I'm not referring to the occasional cursing out of frustration of one play, but ongoing profanities during the entire game.

In my experience one person ruins it for the entire section.

In all things moderation--a classic quote on humanity

Aug 13, 2010, 8:48 AM

Nothing against some cold refreshing beers before or after the game but to get so drunk that the game is a blur and means nothing means you have become a non-fan in a sense.

We used to say in the 80's: If you want to party go to USuC where they don't give a #### about the game, just the big party. If you want to see Football, go to Clemson where they are passionate about the game and enjoy a victory party afterwards.

Now, let me go ice down a couple of Sierra Nevadas for later.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree....

Aug 13, 2010, 8:59 AM

I'm not one that's on T-Net complaining and not even close to being a "Holier Than Thou douchers". But...there is absolutely no reason to drop the F-bomb or MF-bomb or G-D in front of my wife or 12 y/o daughter. I've been known to use all three on more than one occasion and in perfect combination with one another but I know my audience when I'm using that language. All that would be asked is that if would not say it in front of your mother or grandmother, don't use it in front of my wife or daughter. If you do use that type of language in front of your mother or grandmother then I'd have to say your the real "doucher".

Re: To the people who are so offended by the drunks...

Aug 13, 2010, 9:09 AM

you da man!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 13, 2010, 9:12 AM

If drinking offends you avoid section UP. i'm sure I'll tick you off.....and I don't care if I do. LIGHTEN UP!

There is cursing and there is cursing. Some words I can

Aug 13, 2010, 9:10 AM

easily let slide without being offended even if my kids hear them but there are a select few I find truly offensive. However I'm wise enough to know there isn't any way to truly legislate morality unless we give up a lot more than we should in order to achieve it.

To the point about protecting kids below a certain age I certainly understand but the posts referring to protecting the ladies' ears, well, a lot of them swear just as bad if not more.

Go Tigers!

####! All this talk about drinking is making me thirsty!***

Aug 13, 2010, 9:24 AM

Drunks and cuss words? Give me a break....please

Aug 13, 2010, 1:29 PM

There used to be a whole lot more drunks and cussing at football games than there are now. I remember seeing 10+ fights break out in certain games....(UGA in the 1980's comes to mind). Heck, Clemson games are practically as well behaved as daycare compared to what it used to be like.

Things have gotten a LOT better and for those complaining, they're probably too young to remember what football games USED to be like at Clemson.

The old timers can certainly back me up on this. I remember we had to call the paramedics at our tailgate once because some sorority girl barfed and passed out between our car and the one next to ours. I remember Carolina fans flipping the bird and yelling F you to every car that drove by. I remember having to dodge fights at the 86 or 87 UGA game (whichever was in death valley) because our seats were only 2 rows up from the visiting section at the time.

If you're complaining about this, you're too young to know what you missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drunks and cuss words? Give me a break....please

Aug 13, 2010, 4:27 PM

Uh I am 33 genius. I have been attending Clemson games for 25 years. If you have no problem letting some guy use constant profanity around your little ones, then you are one sorry individual.

It's not as bad as it once was.***

Aug 13, 2010, 11:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tig, we couldn't have Ford as a HC today because these

Aug 14, 2010, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Drunks and cuss words? Give me a break....please ]

irrational & delusional evangelicals, and the moronic over the top PC crowd, would be crying that he curses at the players, and yells at them, and makes them work too hard in the heat, and god forbid, did you know he loves to drink chews tobacca?! We just can't have that at Bob Jones, i mean, Clemson, we're better than that! ;)

I saw Danny at a revival and he nolonger drinks by his

Aug 14, 2010, 2:56 PM

testimoney. We're talking about little kids, so don't twist what we say.

It's important to be courteous. But it's a two way street.

Aug 13, 2010, 4:20 PM

Most drunk and obnoxious fans I see usually get corraled by other fans, their friends or embarrassed spouses before things get too weird. But yelling at the top of your lungs all game long helps our team win. I've let out a F or S bomb in the stands after an interception or fumble or missed FG for sure. But if I notice kids nearby I try to be more aware of this and will rattle off gutteral sounds instead. I act like I do at home I guess.

Have a great time and know you're in the midst of a whole lotta Tiger lovin'. Win games. Have fun. Live the Tiger dream in your own way.

!Vamos Tigres!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a matter of respect and not many in our society

Aug 13, 2010, 5:13 PM

seem to care about respecting others much any more. Guess Death Valley should be no different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As the 36 positive votes for the op states. Good point RC

Aug 13, 2010, 5:36 PM

Tiger

Aug 13, 2010, 8:04 PM

n/m

OMG. It's always been this way. Actually, worse in the past,

Aug 14, 2010, 2:00 AM [ in reply to It's a matter of respect and not many in our society ]

we live in an over the top PC generation and are currently in an up cycle of evangelicalism. People love to over react today and make mountains out of any hills

Those same people's kids say worse & hear worse every day

Aug 13, 2010, 9:12 PM

on the playground!

No, they shelter them in private christian schools.***

Aug 13, 2010, 9:16 PM

Re: No, they shelter them in private christian schools.***

Aug 13, 2010, 9:44 PM

Wow how wrong of parents to want their kids to serve the Lord and not become one of those who curse around children. What sorry parents.

Check yur meter. He was being sarcastic!***

Aug 14, 2010, 1:37 AM

No I wasn't, you can't hide kids away until they turn 18

Aug 14, 2010, 8:19 AM

you run a high risk of ending up with awkward, socially withdrawn and depressed kids who can't fit in and either turn inward or go buck wild.

very true, and those parents are naive anyway to think kids

Aug 14, 2010, 7:33 PM

will act differently just because they go to christian school, plus they all interact outside of school, watch cable and network tv, have cell phones, video games, the internet, etc etc

Re: very true, and those parents are naive anyway to think kids

Aug 14, 2010, 7:37 PM

Not all children do the same things Blue Caddy, like cell phones, TV and video games. It may come as somewhat of a shock to you, but not everyone shares your values or was raised the way you were. As an example...I have twins....and we don't own a TV! Wow, what a shock! Also, my kids don't attend a public, private or religious school...they are home-schooled.

Re: No I wasn't, you can't hide kids away until they turn 18

Aug 14, 2010, 8:00 PM [ in reply to No I wasn't, you can't hide kids away until they turn 18 ]

I am not depressed. I turned out fine and have respect for others for my up bringing. I have a wonderful life serving the Lord.

Re: No I wasn't, you can't hide kids away until they turn 18

Aug 14, 2010, 8:06 PM

Same here. One of the best days of my life was when I decided to stop drinking and to face life as it really is..and not through the haze of mind-altering substances, one of the best things I ever did for myself.

i think its fascinating how judgmental ex-drunks get towards

Aug 15, 2010, 3:13 AM

those that drink. its like you're jealous of those that can handle their liquor and can drink responsibly. ex-drunks are like evangelicals, they feel the need to push their sobriety on others as often as possible. you ex-drunks that are also evangelical are more annoying than gnats and mosquitoes.

Re: i think its fascinating how judgmental ex-drunks get towards

Aug 15, 2010, 3:55 AM

The "drunks" that people are talking about here aren't those who can "handle" their alcohol, rather it's those who can't, and those are the type that become problems for society.

it's the US, If you don't like it move to Iran***

Aug 15, 2010, 9:13 AM

Re: it's the US, If you don't like it move to Iran***

Aug 15, 2010, 6:40 PM

You have the same option buddy.

Apparently caddie can't comprehend what we're talking about***

Aug 15, 2010, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: i think its fascinating how judgmental ex-drunks get towards ]

Glad to hear it Gleaner and the same for me brother.***

Aug 15, 2010, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: No I wasn't, you can't hide kids away until they turn 18 ]

Aug 14, 2010, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: No, they shelter them in private christian schools.*** ]

My guess is the majority of the people here who are defending the antics of drunks are merely doing so because they are the same type of person. To *not* defend the actions of drunks would mean to call into question their own lives, and that they just can't do.

Aug 14, 2010, 7:58 PM

Well said.

Re: Those same people's kids say worse & hear worse every day

Aug 13, 2010, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Those same people's kids say worse & hear worse every day ]

I'm glad you know those people's kids. So it's ok for adults to say these things around children?

Where are people like you hatched? Were you ever a kid on

Aug 14, 2010, 1:36 AM

a playground? I was in the 70s and kids cursed and plenty of other stuff. Kids today are even worse. And don't think because they go to a Christian school it's not the same way! And after school they are running the streets playing with other kids that don't go to Christian schools. I swear, do evangelicals all have lobotomies?

Glad you think you know my kids and I feel for yours.***

Aug 14, 2010, 2:57 PM

1st i could care less about your kids, and i never said they

Aug 15, 2010, 3:27 AM

do anything, i was referring to kids in general. and i know for a fact i have an accurate handle on how kids in general behave. and i know for a fact just how blind and naive most parents are in regards to their children.

but as usual you and a few others with your fixations on me must go out of your way to attack me at every opportunity. how sad. and i'm pretty sure christ said for his followers to reach out to others not judge them or attack them. its people like you, gleaner, athomas, and the others in my fan club that profess your faith ad nauseum yet continually give christians a bad name by acting anything but christ like, which is how a christian should behave, yes?

Re: 1st i could care less about your kids, and i never said they

Aug 15, 2010, 6:55 PM

Twist not scripture lest ye be of the devil. Learn what the Bible teaches before trying to tell me what a christian is. By the way the judge not lest ye be judge isn't talking about the christian judging the lost person. Jesus said a couple verses later you'll know them by their fruit. So Jesus was talking about the christian pointing out his fellow brother or sister in hrist sin when he has his own, when he said judge not. No one is attacking you, you are the one name calling with calling us delusional. So who is doing the attacking?

Bluecaddy has a "pop-culture" knowledge of the bible and...

Aug 15, 2010, 7:03 PM

Christianity in general, for example his idea that the movie "The Big Kahuna" is somehow relevant to *anything* theological. Secondly, he likes to repeat the claim that Jesus preached tolerance; he didn't, and any reading of scripture will prove that.

Re: Bluecaddy has a "pop-culture" knowledge of the bible and...

Aug 15, 2010, 11:00 PM

Amen and Amen!!

Arent you the same guy that has posted over and over that

Aug 15, 2010, 7:04 PM [ in reply to 1st i could care less about your kids, and i never said they ]

religion has no place on a sports message board? Why do you keep talking about religion then?

Re: Arent you the same guy that has posted over and over that

Aug 15, 2010, 7:05 PM

No, you can't be talking about me, as I have never said that. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

The post in under bluecaddy, not you.***

Aug 15, 2010, 7:07 PM

It's not showing that way on my computer....

Aug 15, 2010, 7:11 PM

...but I would agree with what you said.

Actually the post is under Wilson,Gleaner then wilson again.***

Aug 15, 2010, 11:02 PM [ in reply to The post in under bluecaddy, not you.*** ]

People that drink are missing out....

Aug 14, 2010, 2:06 AM

Anytime you ingest a mind-altering substance, it's a sure sign that there's some part of reality that you can't handle or that you need enhanced for some reason. I had my last beer in 1989, never gone back, never missed a thing. I just love being sober. Just an opinion of course, and this is in response to the OP who somehow thinks it's the people who *don't* drink that have a problem. LOL!

Re: People that drink are missing out....

Aug 14, 2010, 2:58 PM

Right on +1, yeah we're the delusional ones huh?

lol, typical. only those that drink to excess miss out***

Aug 14, 2010, 7:36 PM [ in reply to People that drink are missing out.... ]

Aug 14, 2010, 10:26 AM

Here Here!

Aug 14, 2010, 5:16 PM

Hey man, Its Clemson. What do people expect, character?
I love to drink and cuss at games. That's what its all about, yelling, cussing and drinking. Dang, squat, heck,
what do you expect at games in the Valley?

Not much respect from people like you that's for sure.

Aug 14, 2010, 7:57 PM

Who cares about anyone else as long as you're having fun huh?

Re: Not much respect from people like you that's for sure.

Aug 14, 2010, 8:04 PM

You're right. Some people don't care *what* they do, as long as they can conjure up some "right" as a pretense for doing so. As someone once said "...they confuse liberty with licence...".

you guys are easy. my 8 yo niece is harder to bait.***

Aug 15, 2010, 3:32 AM

You should know about lack of character .. ^^ Coot fan^^

Aug 14, 2010, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: To the people who are so offended by the drunks... ]

Your post history tells its all.

Replies: 108
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic