Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do I understanding this correctly, that two adult men have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Do I understanding this correctly, that two adult men have

May 18, 2010, 2:33 PM

manipulated a situation resulting in a 20-year-old (or so) college student having to probably pay for a year of college on his own when the whole motivation for moving is that he has a young child?

Kornblut published an irresponsible article that inferred that Holloway and Clemson had spoken. It is widely believed and even reported that that article is the sole “journalistic” indication that the Ole Miss AD can point to as supporting his theory. Has Kornblut seen fit to clarify his sloppiness? As a journalist, wouldn't you think that that would be a priority for him?

The Ole Miss AD is making decisions based on internet rumors? INTERNET RUMORS!?! Holloway and Clemson have both said that they had zero contact during this process. No one has come out to refute this claim.

So, these two…blithering idiots…can live with themselves? This kid is out $9,000 solely because of their incompetence, stupidity or maliciousness.

How pathetic. I don’t think I could live with myself if I were of such character. They are both worthless and should be ashamed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

two adult men??

May 18, 2010, 2:36 PM

you're being very charitable calling either of those two adults.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kornblut gets to see Holloway play..

May 18, 2010, 2:36 PM

at SC for 2 yrs instead of Clemson. I would say ole phil got what he wanted.

Wookie.......Kornblut didn't "infer" jack....

May 18, 2010, 2:45 PM

he stated outright that Holloway's transfer to Clemson was a done deal.

So, does that make him a liar or just an incompetant??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't he be both??

May 18, 2010, 3:33 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the very least, Korncoot is like your spelling...

May 18, 2010, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Wookie.......Kornblut didn't "infer" jack.... ]

INCOMPETENT!

Holloway should sue Kornblut***

May 18, 2010, 2:45 PM

Maybe they have settled out of court and that is how

May 18, 2010, 3:51 PM

Holloway is legally getting his tuition paid by a USUC supporter for the next year .If he goes there , I hope he scores zilch against us and 50 against Mississippi every time they play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have my doubts that Holloway will pay one dime.......

May 18, 2010, 6:45 PM

to attend USuCk. Financial arrangements are a DONE DEAL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have my doubts that Holloway will pay one dime.......

May 18, 2010, 6:46 PM

I have no doublt!! this was et-up from the start between coots and kornkoot

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds about right***

May 19, 2010, 7:42 AM

You are giving Kornblut way too much credit and not giving

May 19, 2010, 8:37 AM

the Ole Miss AD enough.

By the way... if I am not mistaken, Kornblut also stated that there had been no contact between Clemson and Holloway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Actually, you're absolutely right, Toog. My mistake. PK

May 19, 2010, 9:03 AM

specifically said that Holloway has had no "official" contact with Clemson:

"Holloway (6-7) was non-committal Friday night and said he's not had any official contact with any school primarily because the paper work for his release from Ole Miss has not been completed."

http://www.thestate.com/2010/05/01/1268707/holloway-could-be-bound-for-clemson.html#RSS=sports

Serves me right for taking internet furor at face value. Ironically, just like the Ole Miss AD did.
I'm not sure why PK has had all this blame since the article specifically says that there has been no communication. On the other hand, the Ole Miss AD looks even more like a horse's backside. There aren't any "legitimate" reporters indicating that there were any conversations. The Ole Miss AD must have logged into the Ole Miss version of TNet and saw a thread. That's about as legitimate as it gets in this story. Sad.

null

Is this true?

May 19, 2010, 9:06 AM

It is widely believed and even reported that that article is the sole “journalistic” indication that the Ole Miss AD can point to as supporting his theory.

If it's only believed on Clemson message boards and by Clemson beat writers, I'd word it as narrowly believed.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's not true. I am wrong.

May 19, 2010, 9:14 AM

I don't think Kornblut is to blame for this fiasco. His first article (as far as I can tell) indicated that Holloway had had no contact with anyone.

It makes it all the more puzzling the way the Ole Miss AD has behaved. Ultimately, neither he nor Holloway won...Holloway has to pay for a year of tuition and Ole Miss still has to face him on the court. Pretty dumb.

null

no, you probably don't***

May 27, 2010, 4:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So start a fund to pay for his expense for a year and make

Jun 5, 2010, 11:52 AM

it the screw the askholds that tried to eff up a kid fund.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So start a fund to pay for his expense for a year and make

Jun 5, 2010, 2:52 PM

I can't believe some of you can't get over this. If Holloway wanted to go to Clemson, he could have. You're just upset that Clemson wasn't given a big advantage of a full scholarship over USC which would have probably been too attractive to turn down. Is this how you want to recruit? I'm a Gamecock fan but I believe Clemson can find players who will chose to play at Clemson and in the ACC without this kind of help.

Wow...this is an oldie, but anyway, you're wrong.

Jun 5, 2010, 3:10 PM

At least for me.

I'm all for the kid going to the place he wants to go, but there seems to be a standard practice of not releasing players to schools from the same conference so that you don't have to face them 1-2 times per year. I personally don't care (let the kid go where he wants), but I understand the thinking. So, the kid wanted to play big-time basketball (NBA dreams?) but be closer to home. Hello USC, and hello Clemson. Deny the kid USC because it's in the same conference? Fine. Deny the kid Clemson because you suspect someone might have had a conversation based on some "internet rumblings"? BS. It's a disservice to the player and makes the Miss AD look pathetic.

I'm glad he gets to go to his first choice, but a young father is probably less excited to cough up $10k to play BCS-level basketball in SC.

null

Re: Wow...this is an oldie, but anyway, you're wrong.

Jun 5, 2010, 4:23 PM

I'm sure there are any number of aid programs and partial scholarships that USC will be able to get for him. I bet he won't pay a dime in tuition next year out of his own pocket. Thats why he opted not to go to C of C or Wofford which would have been as close as Clemson. It would have worked the same at Clemson so it still boiled down to where he wanted to go.

Re: Wow...this is an oldie, but anyway, you're wrong.

Jun 5, 2010, 4:52 PM

lol, clemson boosters unite, lets pay for this kids first year. Kornblut would have a field day with that lol!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that even permitted? ******

Jun 5, 2010, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow...this is an oldie, but anyway, you're wrong. ]

null

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic