Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Public Enemy #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,961

Public Enemy #1

May 17, 2010, 11:50 AM

New AOC Blog

http://theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/2010/05/public-enemy.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut?

May 17, 2010, 12:00 PM

One went to Clemson, one to Carolina. Both have radio shows and are recruiting "gurus". Plyler openly supports Clemson in everything, but Korn tries to be more even-handed. So why dump on Korn when Plyler is even more biased and very open about it?

Do you see Plyler calling recruits that have zero interest

May 17, 2010, 12:02 PM

in Clemson?

Take off your garnet shades.

Kornblutt claims to be "unbiased" but rips Clemson any chance he can get.

About 75 pounds?***

May 17, 2010, 12:03 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut?

May 17, 2010, 12:05 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

To ask this question means you would not understand the answer.

Haha. You suck, Korny.***

May 17, 2010, 12:24 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

Plyer doesn't have media credentials to USC?

May 17, 2010, 4:37 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

Kornblut has media credentials to Clemson.

Kornblut wants to be like JC at TheBigSpur in his reporting while trying to come of as impartial.

I'm certainly no Plyler fan.....

May 17, 2010, 7:06 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

but to ask why one of these two would be considered less honest than the other indicates to me you don't understand your own question.

Mickey Plyler NEVER makes any pretense that he is reporting on Clemson. His reporting is very centrally focused on Clemson athletics and nothing else.

Kornblut reports on every college in the state but focuses primarily on usuck and Clemson and he feigns a lack of bias while very blatantly exhibiting his gamecock lean. To say that Kornblut is unbiased and even-handed in his reporting on the 2 major universities in this state also shows your bias.....or else proves you haven't been paying attention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly***

May 17, 2010, 8:03 PM

not sure if serious?***

May 17, 2010, 9:21 PM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Re: What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut?

May 18, 2010, 11:38 AM [ in reply to What's the difference in Plyler and Kornblut? ]

Bias is okay if it is in the open. Bobby Hartin in Charleston is a known USC diehard. He makes no attempt to hide it. I can accept that and listen to his show,even though I get bored with some of the Carolina cronies who get a regular voice there. If P.K. with his background, claims to be unbiased I have a hard time accepting or expecting that. Hartin's show sometimes employs a young kid who is a USC student running the phones. He has mike access and has made comments about Clemson, smart alleck kid stuff, which I did not like. I could be wrong but it seems I heard he was the roomate of Phil's son at USC. Does not mean anything,but it has a smell to it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you see Kornblut on the Clemson campus tell him

May 17, 2010, 12:36 PM

to get the hell out.

I sent an email to pterry@clemson.edu

May 17, 2010, 12:38 PM

Asking for PK to have his press credentials pulled.

Encourage other to do the same.

Excellent part 2 by the AOC...well worth the wait******

May 17, 2010, 12:41 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Why do people still go to his website?***

May 17, 2010, 1:14 PM

(kornblut's website - not the AOC)***

May 17, 2010, 1:15 PM

I'll listen to the AOC when they post parts 2 and 3 of the

May 17, 2010, 8:20 PM

New Year's Resolutions.

That's just plain lazy.

Re: Public Enemy #1

May 18, 2010, 12:18 PM

Here is Kornblut response to all of the allegations.

http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.php/page/2/

Clemson fans…where’s the proof?

by Phil Kornblut on May 16, 2010

in Clemson Tigers

There’s been much finger pointing this way regarding the Murphy Holloway situation by some Clemson fans who inhabit their team’s websites message boards. These posters believe my story on May 2nd about Holloway transferring to Clemson is the reason Holloway is not transferring to Clemson, at least not right now. They claim that story, coming out when it did, gave Ole Miss the reason it needed to say no to Holloway’s request for a release to go to Clemson. There’s just one problem with that line of thinking. There is no proof to back it up.

I wrote the headline for that story, the one that’s become the rallying cry of the haters, the one that read, “Holloway to Clemson a done deal“. That headline was dead on. On May 1st, my sources confirmed to me that Holloway was set on going to Clemson, and Clemson was ready to receive him.

All that was left was for Ole Miss to give him his release, and that was considered a formality to be completed early in the week. As I wrote, the groundwork had been laid. From Holloway’s standpoint, and that was the angle from which I was writing, the deal was done.

I also made it clear in my story that, based on my information, Clemson had had no official contact with Holloway because he had not yet been released to them. Nowhere in the story was it written that Clemson had violated any rules.

I published the story on this site the afternoon of May 2nd after double checking the information. A version of the story appeared in The State the next day. At some point after that, ESPN reported on its crawl that Holloway was transferring from Ole Miss to Clemson. ESPN did not credit the story to any other news outlet, so it obviously used its own sources for its story.

As well all know now, Ole Miss has twice denied Holloway’s request to be released to Clemson. The school has yet to say why. Athletics Director Pete Boone was quoted last week as saying they “heard some drumbeats about Clemson.” But what does that mean? Is he saying he believes there was tampering? If so, did he learn about thIs directly, or did he take the news reports of Holloway’s plans to transfer to Clemson as evidence? I don’t know. You don’t know. Nobody knows what he meant.

Is it possible Boone and the Ole Miss administation had some other reason for not giving Holloway the release he wanted? Is it possible they didn’t believe his claim of a hardship as his reason for wanting to transfer?

But somehow, in a sudden rush to blame, some Clemson fans want to use my story as the reason for Ole Miss’s decision. And my response is, where’s your proof?

Now, I know these people come under the influence of the publishers and writers of the sites to which they subscribe. One writer went so far as to boast about the coverage his site gives to Clemson athletics. I found that piece to be especially laughable because, in my opinion, that’s like Pravda claiming to provide the best coverage of The Kremlin.

I’m certainly an easy target for these Clemson website publishers and writers. I’m not a Clemson insider as they claim they are. I’m an outsider covering Clemson from a distance. And when I break a story on the Tigers, they don’t take it very well. So, my Holloway story gave them a great opportunity to make the implication that it was the reason Ole Miss said no to Clemson. They didn’t identify me by name, but the posters on their sites were only using my story as reference, and the publishers did nothing to disuade that.

Of course, the Holloway story is not complete. He could still end up at Clemson. Or at USC. Or he may land at another school in the state. I will continue to cover this story to the end. Hopefully at some point, Ole Miss will step forward and say why it blocked Holloway from going to Clemson. Until then, Ole Miss, and Ole Miss alone, is to blame for Holloway not going to Clemson. We’ve got all the proof we need to know that.

Connecting the dots is enough for me

May 18, 2010, 3:57 PM

I don't need a smoking gun to know that PK is in bed with the #####.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,961
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic