Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina's Glory Years over Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

South Carolina's Glory Years over Clemson

Dec 12, 2009, 12:57 PM

In recent decades, SC's best years vs. Clemson spanned the voluminous time between 1986-87, when they posted a 1-0-1 record vs. the Tigers. To this, I have to say to our gamecock brethren, YOU GO GIRL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time

Dec 12, 2009, 1:00 PM

the Clemson - SC game meant something to one of the two teams, Clemson came up WAY SHORT - g&b

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of 1981, the only thing that game has ever meant

Dec 12, 2009, 1:03 PM

is Clemson trying to keep ya'll out of a bowl game.

Have to contemplate the absolute "sadness" of that notion***

Dec 12, 2009, 1:04 PM

I love beating the crap out of yall. I hate losing to ya'll

Dec 12, 2009, 1:08 PM

But that game never means anything outside of bragging rights and a little momentum for the team who wins.

It isn't like Auburn Alabama deciding who goes to the SEC champ. It isn't like Oregon Oregon state this year with the winner going to the Rose Bowl. It isn't like Michigan Ohio St. All those games are within the conference.

It's never been like Florida FSU with the winner going to the National Championship. The only year it had national implications were 1981.

I would like for the game to mean more for all of us one day

Dec 12, 2009, 1:10 PM

. . . both programs still have work to do to get us to that point, but hopefully it will come and all the nation will one day focus on a game in late Nov. in SC - g&b

Well, now that would be interesting . . .

Dec 12, 2009, 1:13 PM

SC-Clemson on CBS instead of FSU-UF. It could happen.

G/B

Dec 12, 2009, 1:27 PM [ in reply to I would like for the game to mean more for all of us one day ]

aside from your obvious fishin hook,I'll say this:

Come up to our level.
We'd love to have ya. And then beatin ya will be twice as nice.

Yeah, it may have taken us half an umpteen years, but we at least won our division. Right now, UChickin is working on 18 without even getting that far.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Re: G/B

Dec 13, 2009, 12:54 AM

Still laughing..... up to your level.

Welcome back, Wynch

Dec 20, 2009, 9:37 PM

Your reply wouldn't make any sense, even if you printed your own money.

But then again, nothing has changed, your brain has always operated like the Illinois Lotto number selection via Ping-Pong Balls.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

GameCoots have far more to work for. Tigers already have

Dec 12, 2009, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I would like for the game to mean more for all of us one day ]

a football national championship and 13 ACC Championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GameCoots have far more to work for. Tigers already have

Dec 12, 2009, 2:27 PM

When? 30 years ago? They were wearing leather helmets when the Tigers last won the A SHE SHE

What are you, like 12 years old?***

Dec 20, 2009, 9:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like for the game to mean more for all of us one day

Dec 12, 2009, 2:26 PM [ in reply to I would like for the game to mean more for all of us one day ]

Spurrier has said that it doesnt mean that much. His job at USC is to get the Gamecocks to Atlanta. He says that if "we" get to Atlanta, we will have taken care of Clemson. But that aint necessarily so.

Re: I love beating the crap out of yall. I hate losing to ya'll

Dec 21, 2009, 9:38 PM [ in reply to I love beating the crap out of yall. I hate losing to ya'll ]

You are correct. The only benefit the winner gets is a leg up in instate recruiting and that has not pushed us way out ahead of them considering how much we have beat them. The teams are about the same in accomplishments over the last 20 years. We haven't won squat and neither have they! But we continue to beat them and out recruit them year end and year out.

In the 32 years since my freshman year at Clemson the

Dec 12, 2009, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Outside of 1981, the only thing that game has ever meant ]

USC game has never been the game me our my alumni friends have most wanted to win, it was just the game we least wanted to lose, which is a big difference.

Gamecock fans can be hard to be around when they win, but it is understandable since they win so infrequently. Of course, each time they do win one, they have always cried it was the beginning of a streak, i.e. most recently 2001, and 2006.

The fact that it meant nothing to us should say something

Dec 12, 2009, 1:04 PM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

Clearly it says that it's a one sided rivalry. USC is insignificant. Deal with it.

If believing that makes you feel better, that's fine with me***

Dec 12, 2009, 1:05 PM

Well, I think he's talking

Dec 12, 2009, 1:12 PM

about the series as of late up to this point. And factually, he's right, and you know that.

Now, as for the future, like you said, it's unknown. But he's talking about the recent past.

Re: If believing that makes you feel better, that's fine with me***

Dec 12, 2009, 2:30 PM [ in reply to If believing that makes you feel better, that's fine with me*** ]

If the Gamecocks are insignificant, why is 70 % of all commentary on theis board about the coots and how that ### kicking that was just administered by them means nothing? Its like the little boy who just got a spanking, looking up at his daddy and says "that didnt hurt"......................Riiigggghhhhhttttt!

wasn't that y'alls most recent excuse***

Dec 12, 2009, 2:41 PM [ in reply to If believing that makes you feel better, that's fine with me*** ]

you're nuts . . .

Dec 12, 2009, 1:07 PM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

where in the world did you get the idea that the game hasn't meant anything to either team for so long. Up until this year all we ever heard when we won is that we won so much precisely b/c it meant something to us while Carolina players were apathetic and didn't care enough. We've been told for the last 9 or 10 years that SC would do better if they cared as much as we did! Now you're saying it's the first time in a while that EITHER team cared? Clemson usually cares, and Carolina ALWAYS cares. They care b/c they win so seldomly and bitterness gets built up. Then after a loss the sweep it under the rug by saying they didn't care enough. What a joke.

This year's game didn't have

Dec 12, 2009, 1:08 PM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

anything to do with Clemson or Carolina suddenly caring "anew." Two teams played and Carolina just kicked our butts. It's as simple as that!

Funny how this game NEVER means anything unless you clowns

Dec 12, 2009, 1:13 PM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

win....when we win you losers always have SOME excuse as to why you lose. But when you win it is somehow the be all end all victory of the century....whatever makes you losers feel better....###### bag

Re: Funny how this game NEVER means anything unless you clow

Dec 13, 2009, 12:57 AM

Yeah, but you guys could of won the A she she and couldn't do that. Wow!

Re: Funny how this game NEVER means anything unless you clow

Dec 21, 2009, 7:44 PM

"A she she" Man, that's real bad ###. What are you, 15?

Huh?

Dec 12, 2009, 1:17 PM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

It means bowl position this year like in most years for both of us? If anything this game meant less for Clemson than in years past because we had a bigger game ahead of us.

Re: Huh?

Dec 12, 2009, 2:32 PM

And how did that work out for you?

well we were hoping to play a legendary team like

Dec 21, 2009, 5:26 PM

UCONN ( do they really have a football team?) in the mighty pizza bowl but they took USCjr instead.

That post is an insult to your own school....

Dec 22, 2009, 10:05 AM [ in reply to LOL - Glory years or not, the first year in a very long time ]

it certainly was your super bowl and you played like it.
I'm sure all of those players on South Carolina teams that have been owned by Clemson would claim that the games didn't mean anything. Way to insult your own team's effort over the years. I suppose the last year that it meant something to SCAR was 2006 and then before that 2001....how convenient.
Anyone that has watched the two teams play over the years knows that it always means something to both teams, but that Clemson usually wins.

Well said and 100% accurate***

Dec 22, 2009, 10:09 AM

I hate Carolina.***

Dec 12, 2009, 1:15 PM

Yep, the Tar Heels drive me crazy too*****

Dec 12, 2009, 2:09 PM

ditto! coots are annoying but Carolina is too!***

Dec 13, 2009, 12:59 AM

Re: ditto! coots are annoying but Carolina is too!***

Dec 13, 2009, 2:36 AM

funny how in 08 a 17 pt. win by CU was "no big deal" ,but in 09 a 17 pt. win by usuc becomes an "### kicking"

To a coot, the glory years just started, and they are 1-0..***

Dec 20, 2009, 10:21 PM

They're 'turning the corner'....again. lol***

Dec 21, 2009, 9:36 AM

Re: South Carolina's Glory Years over Clemson

Dec 21, 2009, 9:44 AM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2009/11/26/1171761/what-will-it-take-for-the-clemson

gives you a look at this thing and where it needs to go.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic