Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tomorrow will be my son's 28th day on a ventilator because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 2,456

Tomorrow will be my son's 28th day on a ventilator because

Nov 10, 2009, 8:21 PM

of H1N1. Four weeks of watching you son struggle for life will put a lot of things in perspective. Therefore, I will never be "one of those guys" ever again on TigerNet. Anyone can say whatever he/she wants to say. If it's really, really stupid, I will simply move on to the next post.

I love my son. I love my Tigers. Life is good and too short to get into pi$$ing matches with morons.

GO Andrew! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Tomorrow will be my son's 28th day on a ventilator because

Nov 10, 2009, 8:24 PM

Prayer list. Good luck to your boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 10, 2009, 8:24 PM

amen!! I will keep praying for you and your family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2009, 8:30 PM

I will pray for you and your family as well.... Remember no matter how high the mountain. God promises not to place more on us that we can bear. Persevere and I agree life is too short to argue with faceless morons...

Nov 10, 2009, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Tomorrow will be my son's 28th day on a ventilator because ]

Be strong. People are thinking of you.

Hang tough Andrew and David, you are in our prayers!***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:30 PM

May God Bless You and Your Family! And thanks for the

Nov 10, 2009, 8:35 PM

perspective.

Prayers from my house for yours. God bless.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, tomorrow is....

Nov 10, 2009, 8:40 PM

one day closer to when he comes off of the ventilator!

Prayers for you and yours

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no, tomorrow is....

Nov 10, 2009, 8:58 PM

Prayers for your son and your family.

Re: no, tomorrow is....

Nov 10, 2009, 9:02 PM [ in reply to no, tomorrow is.... ]

Prayers for your son and your family.

God bless you and Andrew. You will be in my prayers tonight.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:41 PM

Praying for your family.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:43 PM

Prayers sent.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:43 PM

Many prayers from dad to a dad.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:53 PM

Our family is praying for your family.***

Nov 10, 2009, 8:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2009, 8:59 PM

Prayers for your son and your family

Nov 10, 2009, 9:00 PM

He will be in my prayers

We're still lifting him up...and you're right:

Nov 10, 2009, 9:00 PM

T'net has the ability to be as excellent or awful as the folks on here want it to be.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless your family and keep His loving arms around Andrew***

Nov 10, 2009, 9:01 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you all.***

Nov 10, 2009, 9:04 PM

Prayers have been lifted. May God's peace, grace, and

Nov 10, 2009, 9:05 PM

healing powers be with Andrew and his family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Prayer to your family brother....

Nov 10, 2009, 9:06 PM

May God Console you and bring healing.

God be with your son and family***

Nov 10, 2009, 9:06 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May God bless you and all your family ***

Nov 10, 2009, 9:09 PM

Andrew's 28th day versus Nikki's 10th day

Nov 10, 2009, 9:26 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go to David, his family, and to Andrew as they continue the fight. I cannot fathom what stress they experience.

Nikki is slowly recovering and we are very happy with her progress. They have lowered her sedation level a good bit and she is moving her arms and legs in bed now. Making it very known to us that she is ready to get moving out of the ICU. We are prayerful that she will get her way and that the ventilator will come out soon.

I have heard it said that God gives you several different types of friends for all of life's trials. One friend to call when you need to laugh, another when you need to cry. One to call when you need advice and another when you need to celebrate. Nikki is more than my big sister, she is all of those friends to me. As I know she is to so many people that love her. So today, and every day, we will sit and fight with her. Until I can walk out of her room, call her from my cell phone, and celebrate with her. Thanks and love.

Monday, November 9, 2009 12:11 PM, EST

I have not been up to see Nik yet today, but Aunt Kathy and Aunt Sandy went by today before they had to go home. Nik seems to be slowly healing and having an "easier" time as the doctors turn her sedation levels down. We are so thankful for Sandy and Kathy. I really don't know what we would have done without them this week. Kathy is an ER nurse in N.C. and I am so grateful for her love and inside knowledge while she stayed overnight several times with Nik. Sandy is so good with kids and was able to comfort Aidan and Grace as they are missing their mom as much as me. Grace is back to school today and I know that Nikki's Rocky Mount family will continue to take care of her while she is there. Victors mom , Marie, is still with us taking care of more than we deserve at mom and dads house. She may go home this week for a rest and to see her family that is missing her too. But she will be back in time to take care of Nikki when she gets home. As I imagine most of our family will.

I have told several people that I feel like I have been living the past week in the twilight zone and that any minute I am going to wake up from this night mare. We are eternally grateful for our families support and I can't wait to tell Nik how many people are running to her rescue!

Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:10 PM, EST

Nik remains very much the same today. The doctors decided yesterday morning to hold off on the blood transfusion and see if Nikki could improve on her own. She is just above the bottom level of hemoglobin that they are looking for in her blood, so her doctor would rather watch it closely and transfuse if her level drops any more. The blood transfusion carries its owns risks that we just don't want to deal with if we don't absolutely have to. Her doctor has been guardedly optimistic but did tell us today that we are looking at 3-5 more days before Nik can get off the ventilator. It is such a fine balance between keeping her sedated, pain levels low, and ventilation supported. It seems like every time they turn one thing down they have to turn another thing up. So the balance is what we are working towards. She has maintained her levels since yesterday morning, but they are slowly and cautiously making any changes. It has been a long week. We are so blessed to have great family and friends to support us. We will fight with Nikki as long as it takes, we may just be a while.

God B;ess the Tigernation during this time.
Ron Wright, 71PR

Help CaringBridge provide this free service to others who need similar support.

HOSPITAL INFORMATION
Northside Hospital-Sandy Springs Campus
Atlanta, GA
United States

Re: Andrew's 28th day versus Nikki's 10th day

Nov 10, 2009, 9:49 PM

Prayers to each family! May God give each of you strength!

That is excellent news!

Nov 11, 2009, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Andrew's 28th day versus Nikki's 10th day ]

I hope she continues with the forward momentum. God bless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 11, 2009, 7:42 AM

Continue to keep all of you in my prayers. And you are so right, life is short. Enjoy each and every day. Hang tough and Go Tigers!

My prayers are with you and your family.***

Nov 11, 2009, 8:30 AM

Prayers from one dad to another

Nov 11, 2009, 8:49 AM

I don't have any idea how you must be feeling but having a 19 month son myself things get put into perspective very quickly. Things that used to matter like Clemson losing a heartbreaker to Maryland just don't have the same power over that it used to.

I pray your son makes it through healthy and ready to pull for the Tigers as soon as he can. Please keep us informed on how he is doing.

Nov 11, 2009, 9:08 AM

I wish your son a full recovery. I'm sure I speak for many Tiger fans in saying we will say a prayer for him and your entire family.
God Bless...

God Bless you

Nov 11, 2009, 9:11 AM

your son, and your family. I hope that next year he will be ready to come back to Clemson for ballgames.

Prayers abound!

Go Andrew***

Nov 11, 2009, 9:17 AM

Prayer has been lifted up!***

Nov 11, 2009, 9:19 AM

hang in there andrew!***

Nov 11, 2009, 9:22 AM

Replies: 35