Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something to say
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Something to say

Sep 4, 2009, 1:56 PM

I rarely post on this site, but I need to say something. How can a group of fans hate another group of fans so much. Some of the logic on these forums, both Carolina and Clemson, is comical. If you watched the Game last night, how can you not say that the defense for Carolina won that game. I know that our offense sucks, but our defense has been pretty good the last few years.

Clemson has as many question marks on offense as Carolina has. You do have Spiller, who has the talent, but the O-line and QB are just as questionable as ours. If you can't see that, then you're in denial.

Fans for both Carolina and Clemson can be obnoxious. It's their right to act like idiots, but for the love of God man, some of the people that post on these boards need to really think before they start typing. If you really believe some of the stuff that's said, please go get some help.

Just remember that it's just football. We as fans can't change the outcome of any games. If you give money to your school, then be proud, you are helping someone get an education that otherwise may not have the opportunity to go to college. Football is entertainment, nothing more nothing less. Chill out.

Flame away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Clemson and S.Car are the same . . we are both average

Sep 4, 2009, 1:58 PM

'cept of course when we play head-to-head.

10 out of 12, chicken.

Not bad, not bad, you make some good points***

Sep 4, 2009, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine, I will give you gaspumpers some credit...

Sep 4, 2009, 1:59 PM

your team looked a little less inept than NC State.

Is that better?

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I won't flame.

Sep 4, 2009, 2:00 PM

But I'm sure you know that message boards are breeding grounds for any 30-something out of work blogger living in his mother's basement that sits around eating cheerios in his underwear all day. So it's not like we're all sitting around in Harris tweeds smoking cigars, drinking bourbon and talking philosophy.

Just sayin'

Of course not

Sep 4, 2009, 2:02 PM

"So it's not like we're all sitting around in Harris tweeds smoking cigars, drinking bourbon and talking philosophy. "

Thats the lounge

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point, good sir.

Sep 4, 2009, 2:03 PM

cheers!

Eff you you liberal

Sep 4, 2009, 2:05 PM

Good scotch and cigar isn't it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right.

Sep 4, 2009, 8:15 PM

That's about as philisophical as the lounge gets.

Re: I won't flame.

Sep 4, 2009, 2:03 PM [ in reply to I won't flame. ]

That's Funny right there.

Re: I won't flame.

Sep 4, 2009, 2:03 PM

:)

You will suffer humiliation:

Sep 4, 2009, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I won't flame. ]

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33426

It's natural...get over it.

This place. It's called the Internet.***

Sep 4, 2009, 2:06 PM

Go post this on FGF and see what they say***

Sep 4, 2009, 2:08 PM

You won that game because State can't catch a pass***

Sep 4, 2009, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something to say

Sep 4, 2009, 2:28 PM

if it's "just a game", then why are you posting here in the first place?

And if you think our QB situations are the same, then keep thinking that...

Sep 4, 2009, 2:33 PM

It's 'just a game' to you and therein lies the difference. If I were a fan of the lamecocks, it would be just a game to me also. But alas..............

you're right... as bad as NCSU is on offense, USC's defense

Sep 4, 2009, 2:40 PM

did impress me. Those guys came to play. Of course, as I remember, they always play defensively EARLY in the season. We'll see what happens near the end.

I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will

Sep 4, 2009, 2:47 PM

teach my children to do the same, and my children will teach their children etc etc etc .

Your football program is abysmal, your fan base is laughable, your academics are second rate, your campus is a slum, your stadium smells like Pee, your players are thugs who have trouble staying out of jail, you have no tradition, only game day traditions you have you have stolen from other schools, only thing you can hang your hat on is the strength of your conference ... a strength that YOU do not contribute to, your head coach is a has been faux legend .... the only good thing I can say about your woeful institution is you do have some good lookin cheerleaders.

Now go thump your chest about you your 4 pt win and non-existent offense .... in other words #### off coot

^^What he said ^^***

Sep 4, 2009, 2:50 PM

null

I believe that about covers it***

Sep 4, 2009, 3:33 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top notch.***

Sep 4, 2009, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

you should be in politics***

Sep 4, 2009, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

"fury of a thousand suns", FTW***

Sep 4, 2009, 10:51 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay classy San Diego***

Sep 4, 2009, 11:00 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

Re: I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will

Sep 5, 2009, 12:39 AM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

Your football team is deluded like your fans, your academics are inflated superficially so you can pat yourselves on your little heads like you do about 1981, your campus looks like any other AG school, your stadium reeks of stagnant air, hanging heavy with the stench of bitterness and anger of being second rate to EVERY NEWCOMER to the ACC, you stole Auburn's colors and mascot, you stole LSU's death valley, your conference hasn't produced a BCS team since 1999 and you can't compete for it. You lose regularly to GT, WF. You runoff coaches in midseason (shameful) and your school has lost sense of itself chasing the sears cup (or whatever you call it).

Please, the only people that think clemson is even on the map of college football are clemson fans.

The only good thing I can say about your school is you make good ice cream....and blue cheese.

Sep 5, 2009, 12:46 AM

you are a ####### idiot...

keep wishing you stupid ####.....

Sep 5, 2009, 8:51 AM

Truth hurts. It's common to react in anger when there is no defense for your position. I just listened to XM 143 Gameday and they spent 15 minutes bashing clemson about the opener last year with alabama. They literally were laughing at how over inflated clemson was. Most of us know this anyway, just people like you actually think clemson is significant anymore.

Sep 5, 2009, 4:17 PM

How significant is 7-3 over NC State? Im just asking.

Re: I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns & 40 hells***

Sep 5, 2009, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I hate USCjr with the fury of a thousand suns and will ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: defense won the game

Sep 4, 2009, 2:50 PM

sorry, Pathetic offense, mistakes, holding on to the ball too long. quarterback slow. I can go on and on. NC State imploded all by themselves. Not to mention dropped balls.
Chickens looked very vulnerable to the run and pass. Typical chicken team so far

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An interesting question is: If the top 8...

Sep 4, 2009, 3:00 PM

teams in the SEC were polled (coaches and alumni) asking who they'd rather have in the SEC CU of SCU, I wonder what they would say. I don't care because I place no importance on which conference is the best. If the ACC was thought to be superior, how would that help me or my school? None. It would only tend to make ACC FB teams over rated (like some SEC schools are every year). Just beat who you play and stop chanting conf initials or using the conf as a crutch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: An interesting question is: If the top 8...

Sep 4, 2009, 3:13 PM

Who said anything about ACC vs SEC. I'm just saying fans get caught up in the name calling game, and really forget what football is about. I bet most of the people on this board would have a beer with me, if they met me, even though I'm a gamecock fan.

No doubt. This is all in fun...

Sep 4, 2009, 3:18 PM

My wife is a SCU grad. Some people really hate the other team and that is fine but I root for the gamecocks every game but one. I'd love to beat an undefeated SCU team!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: No doubt. This is all in fun...

Sep 4, 2009, 3:35 PM

I'm the same way. Wouldn't it be something if both teams were undefeated when our game rolled around. You would see some blood, wouldn't you.

If you're buying... everyone will take a free beer w/ ya!***

Sep 5, 2009, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: An interesting question is: If the top 8... ]

Have you ever posted this on a usc web site?***

Sep 4, 2009, 3:18 PM

Re: Have you ever posted this on a usc web site?***

Sep 4, 2009, 3:31 PM

As a Carolina fan myself, I know what some Carolina fans think of Clemson fans. I was just wondering what the other side thinks. Just a little experiment.

No, as a Carolina fan you were lecturing Clemson fans

Sep 4, 2009, 6:07 PM

on a Clemson site. If your intentions were as unbiased as you tried to come across, you would have made the same speech to your fellow chickens, which obviously you have not.

Re: Have you ever posted this on a usc web site?***

Sep 5, 2009, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever posted this on a usc web site?*** ]

you don't want to know...

More about pity than hatred

Sep 4, 2009, 3:49 PM

CU fans know our teams are superior to USuC teams. We also know that we have a long way to go to get to the top and don't have lofty expectations every time we squeak past a top50 team by 4 points earned from a fumble at the 14. Unlike USuC fans that just never seem to learn. I don't hate USuC fans. I have many friends that are USuC fans and alumni. I feel...sorry and pity...for them.... Besides, where would we get all our laughs from?!?!
;)

you aren't from around here are you.....i'll let you in on a

Sep 4, 2009, 10:13 PM

little info here:
1. down south here we get real serious about football, it doesn't matter if it's high school, collage, or nfl.

2. we HATE our rivals!

3. learn to embrace this or, in the words of a great american and true southern gentleman, "delta's ready when you are."

You suck.***

Sep 4, 2009, 10:15 PM

As a Clemson fan I acctually was pulling for USC on

Sep 5, 2009, 8:19 AM

Thursday night. I hope they win every game leading to the Clemson game. That way we only have to look at the shocked faces for one game and not all season.

Sep 5, 2009, 8:26 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic