Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I despise the ACC...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 773

I despise the ACC...

Jul 6, 2009, 7:46 PM

I hope and pray to see the day when we are no longer a part of this sorry excuse for a conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I despise the ACC...

Jul 6, 2009, 7:49 PM

Why can't you despise the state that is an embarrassment in regards to refusing to take down a piece of cloth.

an agreement was reached and it was taken down and put on

Jul 6, 2009, 7:56 PM

a flag poll on the state house grounds, but then that agreement was reneged on when they found they could get more publicity!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, how man laws have congress/state senate/local govt.

Jul 6, 2009, 9:00 PM

passed that are laws for life?

When taxes are cut/raised they debate new budget bills every year.

It's like that with everything. Just because you compromise today, doesn't mean a compromise should be for life.

Your side or group or party will keep on trying to reach certain goals by trying to get more votes for their cause each time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is nothing wrong with the Flag, a lot of men died for

Jul 6, 2009, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I despise the ACC... ]

it

it should be keep in it's place

logic = fail***

Jul 6, 2009, 8:18 PM

It cheapens the flag to have it flying above the state house

Jul 6, 2009, 9:06 PM [ in reply to There is nothing wrong with the Flag, a lot of men died for ]

or on the state house grounds like we're still at war.

They should honor it where it brings the most honor to the ones who died by putting it under glass.

It cheapens the deaths of the brave Southerners who died in the war to use it for cheap political games today, especially back in '62 when it was originally placed atop the state house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

President Eisenhower asked to have a Centennial

Jul 6, 2009, 9:15 PM

The flag was put up in 1961 due to this request from the president. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=12029

Although that's not the NAACP's version.

I should have added

Jul 6, 2009, 9:22 PM

The way to settle this now would be to put up the "Stars and Bars" which was the first Confederate national flag and has no connection to the battle flag. I would have been the flag they raised when South Carolina seceded anyway.

Here is a link to the flag http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/FLAGS/us-csa1.html

You are Crazy!!

Jul 6, 2009, 9:29 PM [ in reply to It cheapens the flag to have it flying above the state house ]

It cheapens the flag when you put it on a CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL???!!!

Nazi Flag reference in 3...2...1..

Jul 6, 2009, 10:07 PM [ in reply to There is nothing wrong with the Flag, a lot of men died for ]

NAZI FLAG!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dittos

Jul 6, 2009, 11:02 PM [ in reply to There is nothing wrong with the Flag, a lot of men died for ]

Heritage, not Hate.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't mean it belongs on the seat of government...

Jul 6, 2009, 11:45 PM [ in reply to There is nothing wrong with the Flag, a lot of men died for ]

the only flags that need to be on the seat of government are those that are sovereign over the citizens of the state. The Confederacy doesn't exist any more and its flag doesn't belong on the Statehouse. It belongs in a museum with other relics from that era. If you're going to keep it on the Statehouse, why not keep the flags of Britain, Spain, and France? All of those flags at one time were sovereign over the citizens of South Carolina. They are just as relevant now as the Confederate flag is.

go ahead and fly them***

Jul 6, 2009, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please stop replying to my posts...

Jul 7, 2009, 12:03 AM

You offer NOTHING constructive and do nothing but harass me (as if that's anything unusual around here). You're an embarrasment to Clemson and all forward thinking people in South Carolina. Oh yeah, there aren't many of those.

wow, I agreed and get attacked

Jul 7, 2009, 12:07 AM

ok, then don't fly them.

is that better?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be better...

Jul 7, 2009, 12:17 AM

when you leave me alone. You didn't "agree" with me at all and you never will on issues like this.

Re: That doesn't mean it belongs on the seat of government...

Jul 7, 2009, 12:45 AM [ in reply to That doesn't mean it belongs on the seat of government... ]

It's a wonder sharpton, jackson and their naacp/acorn thugs haven't gone after the stars and stripes and all the monuments of Washington and Jefferson.

Remember what the good rev. wright said about America?

Give it time and just keep giving in.

I despise neither

Jul 6, 2009, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I despise the ACC... ]

But in this case the only group to blame is the ACC (and the NCAA by setting the example). I don't blame the NAACP as they are, by nature, a political organization. They are, whether we agree with their judgment or nor, behaving as is normal for a political organization.

Now the NCAA (and the ACC) is not a politcal organization and should stay away from these "debates".

I doubly blame the ACC for caving to pressure ( real or perceived ) ***AFTER *** they made their initial decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic