Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Adair's criminal incident aside - THE TRUTH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Trevor Adair's criminal incident aside - THE TRUTH

Jun 18, 2009, 9:21 AM

I'm not going to comment on Trevor's criminal incident and whether or not it warrants his forced resignation. I do not know enough facts on the case, and would agree that on the surface it is a very serious offense (a type of offense that would force a coach to resign at many schools).

BUT, and a very big BUT, to listen to some of you talking out of your butts about Adair's program going down hill is pathetic. Do you realize how much money our athletic program has put into our most successful sport (soccer) over the last 10 years? VIRTUALLY NOTHING! Outside of the hanging history pictures they've put up at all facilities and some very minor upgrades to the fencing around the field, Clemson has put virtually nil into their soccer program. I glanced into the locker rooms after a football game last year and was shocked to see that it looked like the locker room at my local high school!!!

HOW CAN YOU PUT VIRTUALLY NOTHING INTO A PROGRAM/FACILITY THAT DOESN'T COST THAT MUCH TO UPGRADE, AND THAT IS "THE MOST" SUCCESSFUL SPORTS PROGRAM IN CLEMSON HISTORY (Two national titles, multiple ACC championships, multiple top 10 and top 5 finishes)????????

My point - you guys that say Adair should have been replaced on performance alone need to shut it. You're making yourselves look like idiot$. Some even call for Leggett's head? Folks we're a small land grant school in rural upstate SC. One of the most beautiful places on earth, but don't look the other way when you've got a good thing going. Clemson is not USC, UCLA, Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan, or Ohio State.

The way this athletic department is going, Clemson will soon be at the bottom of the ACC in their total sports programs. But in the end, I'm deeply saddened because I attended most of the big games Clemson soccer was in over the last 25 years. I'm very, very afraid we may never get back to that point if emphasis is not placed where emphasis is due.

Thank you for everything you did for us on the soccer field Trevor. You served us very well in that capacity and dedicated your life to getting Clemson to the top of NCAA soccer. Too bad all of the necks in the AD are too stupid to see that.

I'm not sure how much longer I can be a committed fan of Clemson without a committed Athletic Department/President to draw me in. I pray things will change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dunno.. probably because soccer suks ballz.

Jun 18, 2009, 9:27 AM

my next step in fanship is to make it to a soccer contest at least once next year.

1 away football game, 2 baseball games, 2 basketball games and 1 soccer match

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What does Packman say about soccer and....

Jun 18, 2009, 9:29 AM

Juiceboxes? Hilarious rant. What away football game are you choosing this year. Last year I went to Wake and had a blast(well except the outcome of the game). This year Im going to Miami.

the National Championship game!!!!

Jun 18, 2009, 9:34 AM

probably a game in north carolina.. or if my coot buddy goes.. USuC. I’m not driving to USuC though. I value my car's appearance and i like my cheesy looking hubcaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

packer and his band of idiots are retards***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:27 AM [ in reply to What does Packman say about soccer and.... ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Packman's an idiot...

Jun 18, 2009, 10:31 AM [ in reply to What does Packman say about soccer and.... ]

He knows nothing about soccer and doesn't care until the US loses, then he goes off on a sport that he doesn't even like or cover the rest of the time.

that doesnt take long since we lose a lot***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everyone does. soccer isn't a sport where you win all the

Jun 18, 2009, 10:36 AM

time.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

of course US is 10-2-1 in WC qualifying***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:39 AM

Perks of being in CONCACAF and not a European league***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:40 AM

everyone has their cross to bear***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:41 AM

thanks for the info. is that good?***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:40 AM [ in reply to of course US is 10-2-1 in WC qualifying*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would pleasure my self on the paw if the fb team had

that good of a record

no doubt.

Jun 18, 2009, 10:46 AM

maybe CU should schedule central america and the caribbean island states....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big talk for a team that lost to Maryland last year :)***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:47 AM

maybe we should invade?***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:48 AM

Cuba looks nice***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:49 AM

sandy beaches and hot senoritas...***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:50 AM

well . . .

Jun 18, 2009, 9:27 AM

bye.

well . . .

Jun 18, 2009, 10:30 AM

1993 wants it's line back....it's been 16 years...please let the quote go.

I support Clemson regardless of who the AD and President is

Jun 18, 2009, 9:42 AM

I can't pick and choose when I support clemson...I support because i'm a Clemson guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a Clemson guy is also not afraid to voice an injustice***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:37 AM

While I did not play for Coach Adair.....

Jun 18, 2009, 9:48 AM

I got to know him and Phil Hindson pretty well over the last several years playing in a few alumni games. He also recruited my nephew last year and I can tell you Coach Adair is one of the finest men you will ever meet. His love for the game and for Clemson is unquestioable. Hsving said that, I have no idea what happened on the evening Coach Adair was arrested and I do not know if his forced resignation was justifed but I do know his teams performance on the field the last two seasons (7-9-2 and 7-12-2 respectively) would warrant a closer look into the direction of the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So I guess USC Jr. should start dumping millions of dollars

Jun 18, 2009, 10:18 AM

into women's equestrian since they are the most succesful program there

Here's what you can do.......

Jun 18, 2009, 10:32 AM

Donate your money and designate it to the soccer program specifically. In tough economic times, the money's going to the football program, where it needs to be.

Check Again

Jun 18, 2009, 10:39 AM

There is construction activity ongoing at the Soccer field as I write this.

Re: Yes and that is only happening because TREVOR has been..

Jun 18, 2009, 10:49 AM

pounding the pavement the last two years to get it done. They've treated him like a second class citizen for years and this tops it off. I hope this blows up in the ADs face like I think it will. Pathetic.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be honest. all non-revenue sports get treated like

Jun 18, 2009, 11:31 AM

crap. It's always been that way at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just non-revenue sports...

Jun 18, 2009, 11:36 AM

basketball suffered the same kind of fate for YEARS. Littlejohn sat there forever and had nothing done to it while other schools spent millions improving their basketball facilities.

What renovations are they making? ******

Jun 18, 2009, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Check Again ]

null

Renovating the locker rooms...

Jun 18, 2009, 11:29 AM

they replaced the press box last season. Other improvements are apparently on the way, but I'm not sure what they are. A new scoreboard is sorely needed, the current one is horribly out of date.

Thank you. That is great news. I think the IP makes a good

Jun 18, 2009, 11:32 AM

point. We have let those facilities just sit there for years. It has to be a disadvantage for our coaches at this point.

null

Locker rooms look like they were state of the art in 1994

Jun 18, 2009, 11:57 AM

It doesn't need massive renovations, but at least some small stuff like new paint, new carpet, redo the bathrooms will go a long ways. But I'd also put in a plasma and maybe wouldn't be bad to knock out a wall and extend the locker room a bit and put in nicer, newer lockers.

Because it's soccar and NOBODY cares!***

Newsflash!! You aren't everybody...

Jun 18, 2009, 10:45 AM

and the 7000 people that showed up for the Maryland game a couple of years ago would disagree with you.

^^^^^Clueless in Seneca^^^^^^***

Jun 18, 2009, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Because it's soccar and NOBODY cares!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

As one that played for Coach Adair

Jun 18, 2009, 11:37 AM

Look, I have sat on the sidelines as this whole issue has played out but there are some serious inaccuracies in the rant and rave concerning the men's soccer program. There is no question that Coach Adair was a good coach and loved Clemson University. You know I seem to remember a Coach Shyatt loving Clemson University also. Coach Adair did a fine job but anyone that lived in Clemson can tell you that he was pretty much a regular downtown. With that being said, as most of you have stated, I do not know what went down on the night in question but obviously something was amiss. So forget about the incident at his house and look at the record. I played soccer (OK mostly sat the bench) at Clemson and to tell you the truth I couldn't care less what the locker rooms looked like, couldn't care less what the press booth looked like, and couldn't care less what vending options there were at Riggs Field. The field was always well prepared, we had the latest Adidas/Nike equipment available, we had multiple practice facilities and ample access to Jervey. What more upgrades should we be looking for? Lets be real, soccer is not a sport that rakes in a lot of revenue or for that matter interest. We pat ourselves on the back for having 2500 folks at an important game, we get almost twice that at a mid-week baseball game against an inferior opponent.
To wrap things up, yes Coach Adair was very loyal to Clemson, but over the past few years we have gone from a Final Four team to multiple sub .500 seasons. If truth be told the only one that dedicated his life to Clemson soccer was Ibrahim. Seriously though, you lost me when you stated you were a COMMITTED CLEMSON FAN and that through your COMMITTMENT TO EXCELLENCE you made your way to MOST of the BIG games over the last 25 years. You kind of shot yourself in the foot on that one so to speak.

I appreciate players' perspectives, but I still have to

Jun 18, 2009, 11:41 AM

think that a high-level recruit coming into updated and renovated locker facilities and lounge areas will have an impact. But that's just my opinion.

null

Re: I appreciate players' perspectives, but I still have to

Jun 18, 2009, 11:53 AM

I can totally see that. I wasn't a high-level recruit so I am good with that opinion.

Re: As one that played for Coach Adair

Jun 19, 2009, 11:24 AM [ in reply to As one that played for Coach Adair ]

If I didn't live in Columbia, I would've been the type of fan that went to the majority of soccer games.

Our recruiting over the past few years would suggest that either Adair or the facilities weren't quite up to par.

Thanks for your input. Nothing better than to hear from the source.

BTW. I was at the 1987 National Championship game. I traveled to Wake Forest for the number one ranked team that one the ACC tournament championship. I went to almost every game when I was a student. I'd put my soccer fandom up against most any other Clemson fan.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic