Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In all the anguish over how we won last night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 643

In all the anguish over how we won last night...

May 30, 2009, 9:04 AM

I'd like to note that:
(a) We won, coming from behind ... which is what soild teams have to do sometimes.

(b) It was the first time in two years the Tigers won their opening NCAA Regional round. And the last time it took a two-out single in the ninth from Brad Chalk as well. We hadn't won an opening round NCAA tourney game at Clemson in three years.

(c) Since we likely won't see Graham Stoneburner again in the Regional, I'd like to tip my hat to him for a tremendous performance. After clunking that pitch early, it would have been easy to lose heart. Graham did, and he kept the Tigers from losing heart as well.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd much rather win close vs a lower opponent than

May 30, 2009, 9:32 AM

lose in any fashion to any team. In the end it counts as a win and keeps us on track for the supers, which will likely be in Az. Then anything can happen and it's a best of 3 to get to our 12th trip to Omaha which would be the 6th under Leggett. Win 4 in a row now and we're there!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all the anguish over how we won last night...

May 30, 2009, 9:32 AM

Stoneburner has done a great job adjusting to constantly changing roles and expectations. I believe that Nester should have caught both of those pitches.

the behavior by some "fans" last night was despicable.....

May 30, 2009, 9:54 AM

It was nauseating to see the comments by douchebags like ThreeTigers in TAC last night. I wish those fans nothing but the worst. We have a team that is 41-19 now. How can anyone be upset about that?

Three Tiger is no fan.

May 30, 2009, 11:24 AM

ThreeTiger is no fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all the anguish over how we won last night...

May 30, 2009, 9:58 AM

Great point as always Rev.

What in the world is happening to our fanbase?

May 30, 2009, 10:15 AM

I remember a time when Clemson folks never, ever lost faith while a game was still in progress. After all, aren't sports are all about having faith in your team until the last out or the last second? We used to be really good at that. Now we have people who quit when we're down 2-0 in the 4th inning. "It's over", they said.

That's a darn shame.

We used to appreciate every single victory in every single sport regardless of how it was achieved. Now we have people who complain about how we win. I just don't get it. I remember a time when Clemson people would have been ecstatic about a win like last night.

Last night was a HUGE win. It doesn't matter who it was or why we were in that position. It was a gigantic comeback victory that puts us in the all-important WINNER'S bracket. But nowadays we have people who can't savor a HUGE win like this because they feel it should have been more convincing.

Maybe it's part of the whole sense-of-entitlement era or whatever the heck it is, but some people feel like unless you're winning national championships you aren't successful. I just don't get it. I can't understand what's happening with some of the fans where all they do is complain about EVERYTHING and they can't even enjoy a VICTORY. People should take victories any way they come about. That goes not just for sports but all facets of life.

But now some fans are so generally unhappy and pessimistic and cynical that they can't enjoy the fact we just won a HUGE game in the postseason, at home, with a chance to move on to the top 16 teams in the country or better. How can you not appreciate that? Life is too short to focus on bad things and certainly too short to try and find bad things in the midst of good things.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent and the rant. Off the soapbox now....

Clemson fans have very high expectations for the

May 30, 2009, 11:24 AM

baseball program. While you are absolutely correct, it is obvious the baseball program has declined over the past three years. I hope we don't lose any players to the draft on June 9-10. I think this could be a very, very good team in 2010.

we haven't played an opening round game at home in 3 yrs

May 30, 2009, 10:19 AM

but I agree on most of your points. It's baseball a win is a win. I like the energy that this injected into the team and the fans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Last night's game.

May 30, 2009, 11:17 AM

It was a very emotional game. I was too hard on the team and Jack. Everyone needs to wait until the game is over before passing judgment. I hope I can do that tonight. Go Tigers !!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic