Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got an email saying that Clemson received 16,000+
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Just got an email saying that Clemson received 16,000+

Apr 21, 2009, 1:42 PM

applications for admission--the most in school history--for the upcoming Fall semester.

Incredible....especially given our athletic teams' inability to finish games lately. I was certain that it would only be a few months before the lack of W's translated into our beloved school failing as a whole.

Or...maybe academics are more important than sports.

Just a thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and yet the school is the same size as it was in 1985

Apr 21, 2009, 1:44 PM

with more out of state students.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad I got my degree

Apr 21, 2009, 2:08 PM

there is no way I'd get in today if I had the same mediocre grades I did back then. Really competitive

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too.***

Apr 21, 2009, 2:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am still here and I don't know how I got in. The people

Apr 21, 2009, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Glad I got my degree ]

that get rejected today are much more capable than I was or probably even currently am.

Re: I am still here and I don't know how I got in. The people

Apr 21, 2009, 7:36 PM

Don't low rate yourself, you made a great life decision be proud of it.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

really? There are a but load more apartments and dorms.

Apr 21, 2009, 2:14 PM [ in reply to and yet the school is the same size as it was in 1985 ]

than when i was there in the 90's. I figured enrollment was much higher.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^Incorrect Spelling Hurts Your SAT Score.^^^***

Apr 21, 2009, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing for me this is Tnet and not SATnet***

Apr 21, 2009, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't get it either.........

Apr 21, 2009, 2:26 PM [ in reply to really? There are a but load more apartments and dorms. ]

There must be more students living alone instead of 4 in one apartment. I guess there could be more slums abandoned somewhere. I also don't understand why we don't have a vet, pharmacy and law school either.

Re: I don't get it either.........it is amazing the state

Apr 21, 2009, 2:57 PM

...doesn't have a vet school. You literally have to do better in school to go out of state to vet school than you would to be an MD.

As ag based as the state has been you would think there would be a vet school in SC

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are already 2 pharmacy schools that just sort of

Apr 21, 2009, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I don't get it either......... ]

combined.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Does that count the one that PC just opened?***

Apr 21, 2009, 4:27 PM

nm

Not True....

Apr 21, 2009, 2:29 PM [ in reply to and yet the school is the same size as it was in 1985 ]

Percentage of out of state has been the same since the sixties. It may slightly increase over the next 3 years, but not different now than 1985.
65% in State
35% out of state

Furthermore.....

Apr 21, 2009, 2:35 PM

In 1985, Clemson was only about 9-10,000 undergrads and 12-13,000 total students. The numbers increased until about 1989-90 and have stayed relatively the same ever since.

Your pesky, pesky facts are ruining his fake nostalgia.***

Apr 21, 2009, 11:06 PM

null

Yup, my daughter scored 1260 SAT / 3.3 GPA and didn't

Apr 21, 2009, 2:09 PM

even get a sniff.

This ain't your Grandpa's Clemson.

1260 SAT isnt that good any more after they added a 3rd

Apr 21, 2009, 2:12 PM

section. right? A guy taking gym 4 years can get a 4.0 GPA. You gotta be more specific.

My niece got in last year with a worse SAT.. and about the same GPA.. but it was a 3.3 GPA in Honors and AP classes. She also was in just about every club the school had. I can only assume those 2 things outweighed her SAT.

1850 on the new scale ... Clemson doesn't look at the new

Apr 21, 2009, 2:16 PM

written portion though ...

lots of AP classes with that 3.3 ... Gov't, Math Analysis, Spanish, etc. etc.

then that doesnt make sense..

Apr 21, 2009, 2:37 PM

What major did she put on her Clemson application? A 3.3 in AP classes seems good to me.

What is math analysis?

BS..you don't know anything you speak of

Apr 21, 2009, 7:09 PM [ in reply to 1850 on the new scale ... Clemson doesn't look at the new ]

Clemson REQUIRES that written test.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Tell her to keep trying. She can transfer in.***

Apr 21, 2009, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Yup, my daughter scored 1260 SAT / 3.3 GPA and didn't ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain... unfortunately Clemson only cares about

Apr 21, 2009, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Yup, my daughter scored 1260 SAT / 3.3 GPA and didn't ]

the students and their scores and how it will effect their drive to be a top 20 public university. It's all about the Clemson brand and how it fits into the U.S. News and world report rating scheme. My newphew went through the same thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: I feel your pain... unfortunately Clemson only cares about

Apr 21, 2009, 7:40 PM

While it might be difficult for some, giving SC a top-ranked public university will help the state more than a university that lets in more people. There's always USC and CofC for that. And being more selective with the student body does matter in terms of educational quality. Better professors do not want to come to a school where the students are not as smart. And prospective students are more likely to come to a school that has students that are similar to them.

Since the Civil War, SC has suffered from a serious brain drain. People leave the state to go to better universities and they don't come back. Keeping smarter in-state students in SC will mean they're more likely to stay. When smarter kids stay we all benefit. We get better school teachers, lawyers, politicians, businessmen, etc.

3.3 GPA and 1260

Apr 21, 2009, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Yup, my daughter scored 1260 SAT / 3.3 GPA and didn't ]

is horrible. That wouldn't get your daughter into any major university. Even if it weighted that is even worse. Now students with 4.4 GPA's and 1500 can't get into schools at Clemson and UF. Apply for a lesser major then try and transfer to the major of her choice later.

You need more than good grades

Apr 22, 2009, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Yup, my daughter scored 1260 SAT / 3.3 GPA and didn't ]

I got accepted in 1999, had an 1100 SAT with 4.0 GPA. However, I played both high school baseball, and recreational baseball and basketball. I was also in French Club and Academic Team (which were both jokes). Did some community service and things with my church.

They want people who are well rounded but now that the standards are raised, it will be harder to get in. Not to mention some majors are easier to get in than others. Tell her to go to a tech school for a semester and reapply.

uh oh.. Mickey is going to blog your now !!!***

Apr 21, 2009, 2:09 PM

Then go brag on the academic message boards******

Apr 21, 2009, 2:17 PM

he did...

Apr 21, 2009, 2:40 PM

This is an interactive discussion area for Tiger Fans everywhere. Check out what other Tiger fans have said, and add your own comments and replies.

Tigernet is an "academic" message board?

Apr 21, 2009, 2:55 PM

If so, then why are there no books or pictures of the library on the home page? There aren't too many people around here "fanatical" about academics. I guess you claim to be but really can you be taken serious???...after all you do spend most of your time on a "sports" message board.

I posted Crump's (the creator) description of Tnet.

Apr 22, 2009, 12:22 PM

To answer your questions, you will have to ask him. I dont spend even close to most my time on a sports board. I do spend a portion of my time on Tnet. If you graduated from CLemson you should care about the academic credibility of your degree as much as I do.

Nothing to brag about. I guess it is good, but it makes me a

Apr 21, 2009, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Then go brag on the academic message boards****** ]

little sad to think about all of the deserving Tiger fans who will not get accepted now.

What's the problem? 95% of people on this board are

Apr 22, 2009, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Then go brag on the academic message boards****** ]

interested in all things Clemson. Why the attitude?

null

but yet Clemson refuses to expand..........

Apr 21, 2009, 2:44 PM

and by the way sports are WAAAAAYY more important than academics........just ask any college student currently enrolled at a football school ;)

take away football and see how many applicants they'll see.

Re: but yet Clemson refuses to expand.....not made of money

Apr 21, 2009, 3:02 PM

they olnly managed to sock back $80 Million or so. That doesn't go nearly as far as it used to

Re: but yet ... Good!

Apr 21, 2009, 4:41 PM [ in reply to but yet Clemson refuses to expand.......... ]

One of the things that makes CU special is the small size. I am glad they refuse to expand. All of the other schools in the state can expand like crazy for all I care. Can you imagine walking around a campus of 80k+? Classes over 400. A nightmare.

Acedemics is the reason for the school but there is no denying the huge benefits of the sports programs. Everybody at CU wins when the FB/BB/etc teams win. If they stunk it up, they would be nothing but a scar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic