Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another ballgame with my father!!! Another life lesson!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 612

Another ballgame with my father!!! Another life lesson!!!

Jan 17, 2009, 9:09 PM

I have been going to sporting events at Clemson with my father for almost 27 years. Today was another one of those days but for some reason it was different. Earlier in the week, my dad (who is retired) came by my office and said he had some good news and bad news. Good news - he had tickets to the Wake game. Bad news - he paid almost $600 for two tickets. My heart sunk into my stomach because I knew my mom was going to kill him. He was another victim of stubhub and there was nothing he could do. He is 64 years old and thought that the tickets would be worth that. When he told my mom, she didn't kill him but told him to sell the tickets immediately so he tried. We both tried even though I really wanted to go to the game. By Thursday, I knew I wouldn't get what he paid for them or even close to it, so I cancelled my plans and told him we would just go. It was worth it. Even though the Tigers lost, it was one of the greatest games I've been to. My dad told me stories about Clemson that I had never heard before. He yelled at the refs (which he never does), cheered louder than I had ever heard him. He had more fun than I have seen him have in years. When he dropped me off, he told me it might have cost him $600 but it was the best $600 he had ever spent and he meant it.

I just felt like sharing this story to those complaining about the loss. I still had a great time!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Lou Holtz for Pwesident"

That's a great story

Jan 17, 2009, 9:14 PM

Took my dad to spring practice and a baseball game on a beautiful Saturday a few years ago and had the same great experience.

Guffman

i would give every material

Jan 17, 2009, 9:48 PM

thing i own to be able to see a game with my dad again,he's been gone 11 years now and i miss him dearly. 2 tickets = $600, time spent at Clemson with dad=PRICELESS!

Thank you for

Jan 17, 2009, 9:53 PM

sharing...awesome story!! One you will never forget.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did Stubhub do wrong?***

Jan 17, 2009, 9:57 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic