Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives

Nov 4, 2008, 11:20 PM

go in vain. Please don't let our mission go unfinished. We are beyond the peak of our battle and the future for what we have done is promising. Please be patient in our struggle for mission accomplishment -- for we could not tear down the country of Nazi Germany OR Japan in such short time. Morale is high; we want to reach our goals and rid this world of unacceptable punishment to the innocent. We are not police, be we do serve our country by serving others. This country is built on those who fled where they were not welcome -- in moderation. We deserve to continue being the melting pot of the World, but we do not need to become the over-accepting, germ-filled pool that will remove any advantage we have over where our ancestors initially came from.

God, please bless America. Bless those who lead this nation, those who serve this nation, and those who legally inhabit it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Year.... God Bless and God Speed Sir.. YUTTT !!!***

Nov 4, 2008, 11:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A vicious circle

Nov 5, 2008, 1:58 AM

The idea that we should not let soldiers die in vain, leads to more soldiers dying in vain. We would STILL be in Vietnam if at some point the conflict wasn't simply ended.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, if it wasn't for a failed policy in Nam, we whould have

Nov 5, 2008, 6:26 AM

won there. Learn your history. We will not fail in Iraq if we have the right plan in place but with Obama at the helm I doubt that will happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: No, if it wasn't for a failed policy in Nam, we whould have

Nov 5, 2008, 9:14 AM

The "failed policy in Nam" is part of what a war is. We failed totally on the KNOW YOUR ENEMY front.

OOH-RAH Devil Dog!***

Nov 4, 2008, 11:28 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless you sir!***

Nov 4, 2008, 11:35 PM

agreed! but i think i know what will happen***

Nov 4, 2008, 11:48 PM

Re: Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives

Nov 4, 2008, 11:56 PM

Your brother's lives will not go in vain no matter what. America appreciates what they have done.

However, why risk more lives for a cause that is irrelevant to America?

Some of the high ranking officials in the military I know would like nothing more for this war to end tomorrow, no matter the outcome.

please give me names. I second guess you know ANYONE

Nov 5, 2008, 12:18 AM

who wants this war to end that is currently "high-ranking" in the United States Military.

crickets......... God Bless You, Marine!!!***

Nov 5, 2008, 12:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Point for the sig picture***

Nov 5, 2008, 6:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Absolutely agree. No soldier would want that. Iraq has

Nov 5, 2008, 12:28 AM [ in reply to please give me names. I second guess you know ANYONE ]

been far more successful than the media will allow to be shared with America.

How soon people forget 9/11.

You are incorrect.***

Nov 5, 2008, 12:39 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The gal is "often wrong, never in doubt"***

Nov 5, 2008, 9:13 AM

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

You fail

Nov 5, 2008, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Absolutely agree. No soldier would want that. Iraq has ]

Irag and 9/11 have little to do with each other.

Sheep.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

No, what most people aren't told by the media

Nov 5, 2008, 2:07 AM [ in reply to Absolutely agree. No soldier would want that. Iraq has ]

is that not only is Iraq a disaster but also Afghanistan.

GO TIGERS

You obviously haven't been there***

Nov 5, 2008, 2:20 AM

### do you know about all that??

Nov 5, 2008, 5:38 AM [ in reply to No, what most people aren't told by the media ]

apparently you have never talked about that with someone who has actually served. I'm disappointed in you, I thought you were smarter than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: please give me names. I second guess you know ANYONE

Nov 5, 2008, 3:34 PM [ in reply to please give me names. I second guess you know ANYONE ]

You're second guess is wrong.

High up is a relative term, my point being that the whispers I hear aren't from some grunt soldier.

I could make up names and you wouldn't know the difference either way so I won't bother.

None of my friends in the service share that opinion.***

Nov 5, 2008, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives ]

Semper Fi***

Nov 5, 2008, 12:28 AM

Nov 5, 2008, 1:00 AM

Heres to the end of a great nation. With Obama in the White House we are screwed my friends.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2008, 2:04 AM

Why so little faith in Americans?

Nov 5, 2008, 8:58 AM

The pres elect,congress, pelosi are who I don't have faith in.

Thank you Marine One and Tiger gal.

Nov 5, 2008, 9:00 AM

I have lost faith in the youth of our country.

Nov 5, 2008, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives ]

Your average American put them there, 2 years ago and now yesterday. And in a BIG way.

Nov 5, 2008, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Pres Elect Obama, please don't let my brothers' lives ]

I felt the same way a little less than 8 years ago. Somehow, despite our current president and his party, this country looks like it will make it to see a new government. I'm not sure if that's comforting to you, but that's all I've got.

Thank you for your service

Nov 5, 2008, 1:08 AM

and your brother's lives are not in vain. Neither were those in Korea or Vietnam.

Also, you have a VERY skewed perception of American History regarding immigration.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Can I get an AMEN !!***

Nov 5, 2008, 1:24 AM

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
The Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

That one was for YOU Cpl Warns

Nov 5, 2008, 1:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Tj-9AvCrw

To fardog, ClemTig0408, ClemPoker, colbyD & darkhunting...

Nov 5, 2008, 2:47 AM

Your disrespect and uniformed banter is not appreciated nor wanted here. Take your liberal, pc, BS somewhere else. Lies and negativity make me sick.

Re: To fardog, ClemTig0408, ClemPoker, colbyD & darkhunting...

Nov 5, 2008, 9:02 AM

ditto

Re: To fardog, ClemTig0408, ClemPoker, colbyD & darkhunting...

Nov 5, 2008, 9:11 AM [ in reply to To fardog, ClemTig0408, ClemPoker, colbyD & darkhunting... ]

What is the problem with pointing out that Vietnam and Iraq are the two worst policy mistakes in US modern history. Do you disagree?

Lies? #### you. How long have you been in?

Nov 5, 2008, 9:29 AM [ in reply to To fardog, ClemTig0408, ClemPoker, colbyD & darkhunting... ]

I'll start my sixth year in February...and I'll be in Baghdad.

#### off.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service.***

Nov 5, 2008, 6:24 AM

Agreed - Signed the 500 Soldiers in my Bn here in Diyala***

Nov 5, 2008, 7:31 AM

Actually, WW2 only took 6-years...

Nov 5, 2008, 9:07 AM

...and we took care of BOTH Germany and Japan in that time period.

I appreciate you serving our country with honor, however it's tough to support a continuing bad decision by the outgoing commander-in-chief. If you feel that any soldiers, brothers, fathers or sons died in vain in Iraq because of our troop withdrawal, perhaps you should realize what bad decisions Bush made to put their lives in peril.

I hope Obama continues the fight against terrorism to destroy that evil from our world. However, it's time for the boys in Iraq to come home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, WW2 only took 6-years...

Nov 5, 2008, 3:40 PM

WWII, at least for the US, lasted roughly 3.5 years against Germany and 3.75 against Japan (Dec. 1941 to May 1945, Aug. 1945). However, the US occupation of Japan after the war lasted from 1945 to 1952. The occupation of Germany lasted from 1945 to 1949 and in all fairness, we propped up that country against the USSR for much longer than that. It wasn't technically an occupation after 1949, but we still have troops in Germany as well as a defense commitment.

Overall, I would discourage the comparison of Iraq to postwar Germany or Japan. I will say that both of those two countries were in much worse shape in terms of devastation. The problem is that all countries are not equal. Germany and Japan had been organized for a decent period of time under a western style form of government (centralized government with rigid organization). Both were actually democracies, although those governments had been bastardized prior to WWII. Both countries had a fairly well realized national identity/culture (stronger in Japan than in Germany). Iraq was recently formed as a nation and it has three major ethnic groups within it that have always had trouble coming to a compromise in terms of government. For most of Iraq's history as a nation it was ruled by dictators.

Now, none of this proves that you can't help those people over there get on with their lives and form a decent government, it's just that Germany and Japan don't help your argument either.

President elect Obama, please don't let any more of our

Nov 5, 2008, 9:32 AM

country's brothers die in vain in an unwinnable and unappreciable war. The country is taxed enough and it is impossible to stabilize what gwb saw fit to unstabilize. Another muslin theocracy in the region is inevitable, so why kill more 20-30 year olds?

PS...my real brother was over there, so call me what you will.

Message was edited by: jonnyboy®

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: President elect Obama, please don't let any more of our

Nov 5, 2008, 10:58 AM

> country's brothers die in vain in an unwinnable and
> unappreciable war. The country is taxed enough and
> it is impossible to stabilize what gwb saw fit to
> unstabilize. Another muslin theocracy in the region
> is inevitable, so why kill more 20-30 year olds?
>
> PS...my real brother was over there, so call me what
> you will.
>
>
> Message was edited by: jonnyboy®

The blame for the financial crisis should be on Clinton and the Democrats who were elected two years ago. Clinton started the mortgage problems by forcing financial institutions to make home loans to people who did not have the income to repay the loans. You think taxes will be reduced by this new clown, you are mistaken, every one will pay out the butt to pay for these programs he is proposing and you will also see double digit unemployment.

laughing***

Nov 5, 2008, 12:31 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic