Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you to a Tiger Fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Thank you to a Tiger Fan

Sep 15, 2008, 10:39 AM

I rarely post on here, but have been a long time "lurker." However, after Saturday I feel the need to say thank you to a Tiger fan that made my day, and more importantly made my 4 1/2 year old daughter's day. We were walking up to the stadium looking for some "cheap seats" and I approached a gentleman holding up 2 tickets. I asked him what he was asking for them and he handed them to me and said "have fun, you two enjoy the game on me." I know this happens all the time at Tigertown, but these seats were literally on the 50, 9 rows behind the Clemson bench. All the talk on here about "lack of toughness, uninspired hill run, TB is horrible, etc etc" doesn't mean much to me this morning because all I know was I was able to spend some time with my daughter having a great time watching the tigers play.
I love to see the Tigers win as much as anyone, but part of the joy of it all is just being at the game with your family and friends. Anyways, thanks to the Tiger fan that made our day, whoever you are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your post.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:01 AM

I think your post was great. I have to say watching the game up here in Indiana on TV I was surprised to see how many empty seats there were in the stadium. After reading your post, I can only assume that most people have lost a lot of enthusiasm for our team since we lost to Bama, otherwise that guy would of sold those tickets for at least face or a nice profit. I'm glad you had a great time at the game and if I lived closer I would have been there with you, but I'm very disappointed with our fans. Please put your expectations in check. We can still win the ACC, we can still make a BCS. Lets get out there and support the team.

not that many empty seats-- corners of upper deck which

Sep 15, 2008, 11:18 AM

is typical unless we get the tickets back from opposing team or it's a Top 25 type game/big opponent.

When I say corners of the upper deck- I'm referring to the South Side as I couldn't see the North. The 2 end sections were half full but there are only 1,000 seats in each section of the South Upper. So I'd say there were roughly 1500- 2000 seats in the South Upper empty. In the lower bowl, it was probably 98% capacity and the hill was pretty packed which is not included in the official stadium capacity. The only thing I couldn't see was the North Upper but I imagine that was more full than the South as the South has the visitor section and the North has more season ticket holders.

If you saw a bunch of empty seats it was probably later when half the stadium was underneath the stands watching at the concession stand TVs due to the heat.

Re: not that many empty seats-- corners of upper deck which

Sep 15, 2008, 11:20 AM

The seats in the wesrt corner of the north upper deck are "visitor" seats. NCSU did not bring very many people to town last weekend.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and depends when he looked.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:22 AM

The heat cleared almost every 1 out at half time. Teh people in front of me did not get back till the end of the 3rd qrt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yep - The Valley was empty at the 2nd half kick-off.***

Sep 15, 2008, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks-- wasn't sure they put that strip of a few hundred

Sep 15, 2008, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: not that many empty seats-- corners of upper deck which ]

running along the end there. From looking at the SEP I didn't think they were doing that anymore.

Re: Thank you for your post.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Thank you for your post. ]

Great post - hope the donor sees it. A few years ago I had two extra tickets and went into Hendrix Hall. I yelled out, "two free tickets." A guy came up and said, "Where are the seats." Sometimes freebies aren't good enough for some people wanting tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I could point the guy who did that

Sep 15, 2008, 11:03 AM

I'll be taking my 5 year old daughter to the Maryland game. Hope we have as good an experience as you did.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is what it's all about.*******

Sep 15, 2008, 11:09 AM

Some nice Tiger fan handed my NCState friends 2 free

Sep 15, 2008, 11:29 AM

tickets in the upper deck about 15 minutes before kickoff.

His only request was that they "promise to be nice".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic