Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny Bowden story. Kinda long.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 988

Funny Bowden story. Kinda long.

Jul 24, 2008, 1:06 PM

A good friend of mine went up to Clemson to have coach Bowden sign a ball for a charity event in Columbia. Just before Coach Bowden signed the ball he looked at my friend and asked "now you arent going to try and sell this on ebay are you." My friend quickly responded "oh no sir, not at all, it is going in our silent auction" C.T.B. jokingly asked my friend how much did he think the ball would fetch at the auction. My buddy responded "well they are selling a silver signature series Steve Spurrier ball that is signed and numbered at the Jewelry Warehouse in Columbia and they were going for $400." Coach Bowden with pen in hand looked up with a serious look and inquired "how can I get in on that type of action? What do I have to do to land a deal like that." He quickly looked back down and scribbled out his signature, and before my friend could respond he said "I guess I got to go back to winning six games a year." My buddy said he didnt laugh at first because of how serious coach Bowden's demeanor was, but then he busted out with delight to be sitting opposite Coach Bowden in his office while he was cracking a joke on the King Coot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your friends FULL OF CRAP

Jul 24, 2008, 1:22 PM

SINCERELY,

STEVO SPEWIER

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

8-12-1

Jul 24, 2008, 2:28 PM

Coach Spurrier is 8-12-1 versus coaches named Bowden. He's 5-8-1 versus Bobby, 2-2 versus Terry and 1-2 versus Tommy. I'm guessing the whole Bowden family enjoys a laugh at Coach Spurrier's expense now and then.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic