Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So my wife was babysitting some friends of our kids....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,561

So my wife was babysitting some friends of our kids....

Apr 29, 2008, 7:45 PM

this afternoon. My 5 year old son told my wife that he wanted to watch "Spiller, one cut, good night"! That is what Mike Patrick said during the 2006 GT game when C.J. broke the long one towards the hill. I have the game on DVR.

One of the little boys (who's parents are Gamecocks and South Carolina alums) my wife was watching said "Ewww, I hate Clemson". My son pushed him down and did C L E M in cadence count. My wife punished my son which I guess was the right thing to do and now she says I have to talk to him about.

Inside I know I have to correct him but I am so proud.LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So my wife was babysitting some friends of our kids....

Apr 29, 2008, 7:50 PM

ok, scold him in front of mom, then tell him good job when she leaves the room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the parent who taught/allows his child to use the word"hate"

Apr 29, 2008, 9:54 PM

when talking about anybody or anything is the one who needs to be punished.

That word is thrown around way to carelessly these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't assume

Apr 29, 2008, 10:32 PM

that the parents allow - or teach their child to say "hate."

I can't stand Clemson - but I don't use that word around my children under any circumstances - and don't allow them to use that word.

I never use that word around my 4 year old - but I have heard him say it ever so often - and he is always appropriately punished.

That is a word all kids learn if they go to a preschool, a church preschool, public school, or even watch some cartoons.

I agree... my wife used to watch 2 kids after school,

Apr 29, 2008, 10:43 PM

one (8 yrs old) told my son (7) he hated him and would kill him.

My wife heard it the 1st time and told the kid she never wanted to hear that again, he said it a few days later and guess who doesn't come to our house anymore? Of course the parent questioned my wife...we don't hang with them anymore.

watch nick/disney/etc you'll hear "hate", "stupid"/etc everyday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree... my wife used to watch 2 kids after school,

Apr 29, 2008, 11:23 PM

true- you hear "hate" and "stupid" in a lot of very classic "children" movies from Disney, etc

kids just automatically gravitate to those words because they are often the worst words they can even imagine - and some don't really even understand the words - but they know it means something big and bad.

I didn't responded to "scooter" above because his post sounded like parents were out there teaching those words or allowing them. That could be but that is unlikely.

You can be great parents and watch your kids every move -and they will shock you with the words they pick up.

A scolding is a necessity....

Apr 29, 2008, 8:12 PM

the situation obviously called for the Cocka-doodle-do cheer.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad learned me the Cock-a-doodle-do cheer at age 4

Apr 29, 2008, 11:44 PM

I hated 'em and still turned out aight.

(I guess i didn't REALLY understand hate though)

Can I just say "give me a break"? They are boys.

Apr 29, 2008, 8:53 PM

I assume they are similar in age? I know what I am going to say will not set well with the politically correct crowd, but let them work it out. Unless the other kid was physically hurt he learned a valuable life lesson. Words have consequences. Much better that he learn that now when the consequence is to get pushed down instead of something far worse. You can let your son know that he will not always win if he choses to use force. You can let him know that in the future he may need to chose very carefully what is worth fighting for and what is not. What you cannot do is let a mother decide how to raise a boy into a man. She is not one. You are. Have the talk. Let him know you are proud that he is willing to fight for somethings. Help him evaluate rather it was a good choice or not. Under no circumstances please do not teach that fighting is always wrong. We have enough whimps running around posing as men as it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ttell him "son, you can't be going around picking on those

Apr 29, 2008, 8:56 PM

less fortunate than us. not everyone can be tigers some of the people just end up being gamecocks they can't help it"

Just don't stammer when you Ttell him.

Apr 29, 2008, 8:59 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many five year olds from Clemson families are of the

Apr 29, 2008, 10:37 PM

opinion that they "hate" the USC Gamecocks?

It amazes me how many Gamecock parents focus their kids, at a young age, to HATE Clemson. Seemingly, beyond the idea of rooting for the #####, it's most important they know to hate Clemson.

People have been asking for a few days about the idiot on FGF who gave the hate rant and wondering where the hate comes from. This is the origin.

hating on losers... no sport in that :)

Apr 29, 2008, 10:44 PM

really, you do make a good point.
i have 3 sons and all wear orange around the neighborhood often. they really do not say anything against USuC or other teams, but are just proud of the tigers and like to go to games and see them on TV.
the little lamecocks that run around are a different story though. its very typical for them to state their hatred of clemson to my kids or even to me. poor kids, parents bringing them up wrong!

we were at baseball game the other night and

Apr 29, 2008, 10:52 PM

were walking back to car. My son had just finished and we got close to our car. There was a father/son(s) there and one of the kids went to my tag on car (a tiger paw) and kicked at it and his dad laughed. I grabbed the kid by the back of his neck and told him to never do that again. His Dad was shocked and said nothing, but I told him next time I'd jerk him up...

my son asked why I did that and I told him to never disrespect someones car and then told him sometimes you need to take care of the trash

he laughed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we were at baseball game the other night and

Apr 29, 2008, 11:29 PM

he "kicked at it" or he kicked it?

Two very different things.

I would never, ever put my hands on another person's child. That will get you explaining your actions to the cops- and fast - or depending on the father involved- could get you seriously hurt.

he kicked it and I grabbed the back of his neck

Apr 29, 2008, 11:34 PM

and told him not to do that again...never raised my voice or threatened either. Just let the kid know not to mess with my stuff.

his father thought it was cute and neither knew I was walking up

I wasn't concerned about either.

Re: he kicked it and I grabbed the back of his neck

Apr 29, 2008, 11:42 PM

no problem.

I just wouldn't put my hands on another man's child.

One of my dad's old army buddies had a man grab his son by the arm at a rest area on i-85 in Georgia one day as he was headed to Lake Hartwell. The guy thought he had thrown a used soda can at his car (he hadn't). My dad's buddy was not the rational type - he grabbed a boat oar (old wooden type) from his truck bed and swung it at the guy and cut half his ear off. Not good.

Well

Apr 29, 2008, 11:27 PM [ in reply to How many five year olds from Clemson families are of the ]

I am a South Carolina fan and I have my share of experiences that fit the bill on "taught to hate USC" quite well from a very early age - just like some USC parents teach their kids to do about Clemson.

Re: So my wife was babysitting some friends of our kids....

Apr 29, 2008, 10:50 PM

Instead of punishing, teach him to get in the childs face and scream 63-17 beeeyatch

Photobucket

LOL...everybody in the office wants to know what I'm...

Apr 30, 2008, 8:24 AM

laughing at...that right thar is funny.

I have two boys...and I know exactly how you feel.

Thanks for sharing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,561
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic