Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you want to jump Jack, thats fine it comes with the turf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 962

If you want to jump Jack, thats fine it comes with the turf

Apr 16, 2008, 11:30 PM

when you are at a D1 school and expectations are not met after so much success. JL knows it and accepts it for what it is.

I critique too much from the keyboard too, I guess that is part of fandom. What I can not tolerate is degrading the kids that wear the uniform of a tiger, regardless of the sport, at anytime by anyone.

If you attack the kids and call them things like " no talent", "losers" etc, etc, then YOU have a serious problem and something important is missing in your life and personality makeup.

It is not fair to them, their families and it does NOTHING at all to help. In fact You are part of the problem and shame on YOU.

Never, ever, get on the players. They were offered schollarships to come here and play for OUR amusement and satisfaction. They are the ones who go to class, behave, train, run, lift weights, study, and give up a lot of college life. Sure they get a shot at D1 baseball and a partial schollarship on average. Some will go to the minors, and a few, very few will make it to the big show.
But one #### thing is for sure: they were asked and they were willing to come here and wear the colors for US. Win or lose, good times or bad, stay behind the kids and if you can not... shut your big sorry mouth.

I am tired, old and frustrated and I am going to bed. Go tigers baseball players, I am with you boys come hell or high water.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said even though it is very frustrating*****

Apr 16, 2008, 11:45 PM

Kudos. Great post.

Apr 16, 2008, 11:46 PM

I completely agree. It is one thing to criticize a coach who is well paid and, as a result, is expected to endure some fan criticism. It is totally another to criticize individual players who aren't paid to represent the University in the sport they play.

Please don't take this post as a rival fan stating that your coach SHOULD be criticized, because I don't. He has earned (over a 15 year period) with his succes the right to have criticism withheld for a down year IMO.

But, if y'all want to get rid of him, please...go ahead...and fire him. That would make any Gamecock's day.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

i agree, me and my friends sit in front of the batters box

Apr 16, 2008, 11:51 PM

and we make sure and let the players hear our appreciation for them through these tough times

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

z17

those are some pretty nice seats

Apr 17, 2008, 12:00 AM

right in front of the batter's box...wow! ;)

meant on deck circle haha***

Apr 17, 2008, 12:02 AM

z17

no wonder our guys are having trouble hitting***

Apr 17, 2008, 12:41 AM [ in reply to those are some pretty nice seats ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack is not the problem.***

Apr 17, 2008, 12:02 AM

Nicely said***

Apr 17, 2008, 6:21 AM

Re: If you want to jump Jack, thats fine it comes with the turf

Apr 17, 2008, 6:22 AM

Well said-stay off the player's backs. It's extremely frustrating but hard times hit everyone every now and then. Thanks to all the Tiger fans that continue to show their support by being at the games. I live in North Carolina so it's hard for me, but I will be at Duke Friday night to see the streak end-GO Tigers!

Don't hurt feelings, tell them they are doing a great job***

Apr 17, 2008, 8:26 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic