Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OP Yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,322

OP Yesterday

Mar 10, 2008, 9:30 AM

I have been a Tiger since birth, my father was in Civil at Clemson. I caught the end of the Danny era while learning what football was. He was/is a season ticket holder, and Clemson was passed into my blood. Both of his kids, my sister and I both attended Clemson and graduated in Business.
Of the countless memories that I have associated to the university, its campus, its athletics; I would like to add the watching of OP tear up with the families of Mays, Perry, and Hammonds to that collection. It was one of those 'sends chill down your spine' thank God I am a Clemson Tiger moments, for me, anyway. Complete class from Purnell, the same way he has acted since he stepped on Campus a few years ago. It made my memories of walking across that stage in 2005 extremely vivid. This team is special, and they are not done yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picture

Mar 10, 2008, 9:43 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
- Steve Martin

Point. PAY THIS MAN!!! KEEP HIM HERE.***

Mar 10, 2008, 11:19 AM

Wow!

Mar 10, 2008, 9:50 AM

This guy is for real. TDP lock this man up for as long as he wants to be a coach!

Re: Wow!

Mar 10, 2008, 9:56 AM

He is the kind of guy you would want your son to play for. He is just a class act all the way.

I feel that way about our 3 majors...

Mar 10, 2008, 9:59 AM

Purnell, Leggett, and Bowden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO KIDDING . . .Thread of the day !***

Mar 10, 2008, 10:09 AM

I'd like to add Adair to that list. Trevor is a class guy.***

Mar 10, 2008, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I feel that way about our 3 majors... ]

And wait until after this foosball season to add Bowden.

Mar 10, 2008, 11:20 AM

jury is STILL out.

Far from it. Case is closed. Gavel is down.

Mar 10, 2008, 11:25 AM

You may have your gripes about the on-field results, but you cannot possibly tell me that Coach Tommy Bowden is not the type of man you would want your kids playing for.

null

I COULD "possibly" tell you that

Mar 10, 2008, 12:55 PM

I know this is old news, but I wouldn't want my kids learning to spin everything so as to deflect responsibility --and-- I wouldn't want my kids underacheiving...which I think (among the many good qualities that CTB has) Tommy has done in the past.

But its the past and hopefully there's a breakthrough this year.

Quick OP story....

Mar 10, 2008, 10:17 AM

After last years O&W basketball game, my 6-year-old son went onto the court to get OP to sign his shirt. OP signed the shirt and then got down on eye level with my son and had a 30-second conversation with him. (Do play basketball? What position do you like to play?, etc..)

I know Coach P had 100 other people who required his time...it meant a lot to my son (and his Dad) that he took that moment to talk to a little kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same story about JL - - Just won the ACC Championship

Mar 10, 2008, 12:04 PM

in Jax and my 6 year old daughter, who wanted to make the 4 hour drive from Tarpon Springs so she could see "Coach Jack" and "the Tigers play", is sitting on the wall and Coach Jack sees her, leaves family and the camera crew and comes down to her and signs her hat and asks her about HER ! ! !

And then listened as a 6 year old stumbled through telling about getting up early that morning, missing church, Grandma Bell, who was visiting from S.C., riding with us because she loves the Tigers, too, etc, etc.

It was an amazing day. Pictures with Coach, and players, and basically Clemson people being Clemson people.

Nothing but a complete affirmation of what I know but can't express about Clemson.

Class act

Mar 10, 2008, 10:23 AM

What a classy, talented guy who represents Clemson as well or better than any coach every. Three words- Long Term Contract.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic