Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Supper is still waiting on the table...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 552

Supper is still waiting on the table...

Oct 12, 2007, 9:12 AM

Everyone's thoughts about coaching can be tucked away for a minute as we ponder the prospects for our Tigers.

Simply put we need call in just one favor this season and we'll be playing in Jacksonville this December.

It didn't really matter whether Wake or FSU won last night. Since Wake won, it means only that we need to beat them to advance....which was a given anyway. Had FSU won, they would have only needed to lose one in November - which is all but guaranteed.

But with FSU sitting on two losses, we need only focus on saddling BC with a loss before then come to the Valley in November.

If I was a betting man, I'd make that loss at the hands of old Big East foe Virginia Tech. The Hokies have an off week before the game and their game this weekend is against Duke. Basically the Hokies have 3 weeks to get ready for BC...Hall may be back by then, giving the Hokies another bit of pressure for Ryan to avoid. Oh, and did I mention the game was in Blacksburg on a Thursday night?

IF we get past Maryland on the 27th, and Wake wins a likely matchup with UNC, that would tie BC and Wake atop the division, with FSU and Clemson right behind. Maryland would suffer its third loss in the ACC, making the Terps a non-issue.

On Nov. 3, while we BETTER be taking care of Duke in Durham (Gee-haw'd anyone?) BC hosts Tally in what would amount to an elimination game and Wake is at Virginia. Assuming a BC and Wake win, and we remain a half game behind both. FSU takes its third loss and disappears from contention.

On Nov. 10, Wake comes to Clemson. The Deacs may well be 7-2, ranked and the only thing between us and a winner-take all match with the Eagles. Rarely has a game with Wake meant this much. BC has Maryland that weekend in College Park.

IF VTech did it's job a few weeks earlier, and we took care of Wake, BC is the game that will decide things. It will be the contest to erase whatever ills came with the miscues against VTech, the bumbling against GTech.

It is, in a nutshell, redemption.

And a banquet for a hungry group of Tigers and fans in need of a feast.

Complainers hold the floor now. Here's hoping the Tigers will hold it come Thanksgiving.

Everyone enjoy the weekend off. We've just gotten through the salad course. They're getting ready to put supper on the table.

Bon appetit!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev ..... you need to send me daily sermons LOL

Oct 12, 2007, 9:38 AM

Lord IM hoping this comes true

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we can do is plant the small seed....

Oct 12, 2007, 9:50 AM

And, like Habakkuk, stand on the wall and wait.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen Rev, Tiger brethren

Oct 12, 2007, 9:45 AM

time to change the oil in the tractors and make sure the shotguns are oiled, cause when the Rev makes the call for GeeHawd, there won't be time for lalygagers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic