Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reversing course on a Wednesday evening.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 776

Reversing course on a Wednesday evening.

Oct 10, 2007, 6:52 PM

Usually, by Wednesday, the sting of a loss fades a little bit. It's not gone - but it fades. That still hasn't happened this week. Maybe it's because we don't have a game this Saturday - I don't know.

Here's what I do know on a Wednesday afternoon:

1) I've posted quite often about the disappointment I felt on Saturday and my views of our coaching staff, how much good they?ve done for us in the past, and what the future might/should hold for them. And nothing has changed in how I feel right now.

2) Nothing I post here is going to have any bearing on if/when/how/why Clemson changes any coach in any sport.

3) Posting about it hasn't made me feel better. In fact, I think it's made me feel worse and it's the reason why I'm still dragging.

4) No new coach is a guaranteed success. Pete Carroll was laughed out of the NFL; many Southern Cal fans were upset that he was hired. Bill Belichick was a failure with the Browns. Top-notch assistant coaches like Brad Scott and Chuck Amato never panned out as head coaches; lesser-known assistants often jump out of oblivion when they get their chance.

5) The best thing I can do right now is button my yapper, support the life out of this team, and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, I think we'll finish 8-4. I predicted/wanted 9-3 or better at the start of the season. One game off my projection is not an abject catastrophic failure - it's just a disappointment.

I don't want to feel like I'm watching this team - or our fans - "play out the string." I want to see them fight, battle, and win. I want a win over CMU to set us back on the right track. A win over Maryland because I don't care for the Walrus. A win over Wake for all the time they've given us fits. A win over Duke because they're Duke. A win over Boston College to avenge the last two years. And a win over the Gamecocks because they're the Gamecocks.

We can win four of those games. We might win more. I'm just going to toss my expectations out the window, enjoy some beautiful fall weather in God's country, and see where we stand at the end of the season - which is when any sort of decision should be, and will be, made.

Then we can debate next steps. Then we can debate the future of this program.

Right now, the present is Central Michigan in ten days and five regular season games after that. And, God willing, a couple more in the college postseason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a great line-

Oct 10, 2007, 6:54 PM

I don't want to feel like I'm watching this team - or our fans - "play out the string."

AMEN

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then we can watch them win the ACCCG and then win the

Oct 10, 2007, 6:55 PM

BCS bowl. We can hope....can't we? :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Welcome back. We've missed ya!***

Oct 10, 2007, 7:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Staying the course on a Wed night...Bowden's gotta go.

Oct 10, 2007, 7:07 PM

Go Tigers!

And that may very well happen at the end of the season.

Oct 10, 2007, 7:14 PM

But that ain't now.

GO TIGERS!

Re: And that may very well happen at the end of the season.

Oct 10, 2007, 7:22 PM

dadgum right! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very generous to say we'll go 8-4

Oct 10, 2007, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Staying the course on a Wed night...Bowden's gotta go. ]

After the way we played the last 2 games, 6-6 is about all we can count on. Maybe 5-7, Duke may be us!

Duke will NEVER be us.***

Oct 10, 2007, 7:53 PM

They have, and they can!***

Oct 10, 2007, 7:57 PM

Do you mean "beat"? Because you said "be".***

Oct 10, 2007, 8:01 PM

Because

Oct 10, 2007, 7:55 PM

this time its different. I've tried explaining this in other posts and I'll do it again. Several things.

1. Most fence sitters (I don't care if you've been a fence sitter for 8 years, 5 years, 2 years, or just after GT) fell off the fence after the VT game, this time it was different.

2. It isn't about the record and the record alone, although it doesn't help over TB's tenure.

3. The FSU wins that have kept Bowden alive are not impresive wins (most of them) when analyzed where FSU finished those season and who else beat them.

It is time to move on. Good job Bowden, you kept us respectable in some regards off the field and you recruited well, but you did nothing with the talent you recruited. I like you as a man but its time to move on. Good luck to you.

It may very well be time to move on at season's end.

Oct 10, 2007, 8:09 PM

In fact, I think it probably is.

It's NOT time to move on right now in the middle of a season.

Good post.

Oct 10, 2007, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Because ]

I would only add that the record over SC also helped him keep his job this long.

He's done good things for Clemson, but he's not the right person to take the program to the next level.

I think the transition to a new coach is going to go well, due in large part to Bowden himself, ironically. The talent and facilities upgrades will be great for the next coach. In hindsight, that was Tommy's calling. Now he needs to move on and so do we.

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were

Oct 10, 2007, 8:36 PM

at the next level until West became coach.And Tommy has done good things for this program,but we've suffered mediocrity for too long now.CU has the ability to get almost anyone they want, thet just need the guts to.

Replies: 14
| visibility 776
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic