Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a Real Show of Class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

This is a Real Show of Class

Jun 10, 2007, 12:37 AM

on the part of Bulldog fans. Not only are they stupid (according to the crowd's reactions, a Clemson pitcher NEVER threw a strike and a MSU pitcher NEVER threw a ball) they apparently have about as much class as they have teeth. This comes from The State's article in their Sunday edition:

After waiting stoically, the Tigers were finally freed to shake hands with their College World Series-bound opponents, and a pack of spectators converged next to Clemson?s line ringing Mississippi State?s standard-issue cowbells in their direction.

Not only should the **** bells not even be in the friggin' park; they certainly didn't have to ring them in the Clemson players' faces. What trash. If I were a Mississippi State player or coach, I would be embarrassed that people representing my team showed that little respect. Another reason to hate Mississippi State. I hope they lose miserably in Omaha if that's the way their worthless fans are going to act.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class is...

Jun 10, 2007, 12:42 AM

moving on.

And not rehashing why or how we are treated in the loss.

Congrats to the Tigers on being fighters... being fearless... and never ever accepting defeat as a given.

Well...

Jun 10, 2007, 12:49 AM

If it were two or three days after the fact, then I could see your point. But since this is the first I've seen of it, I thought it was worthy of mention. Maybe you think that's all a part of the macho world of competition, but I think it shows a tremendous lack of class on the part of their fans to treat the opposing team like that. I hope that NEVER happens in Clemson. Of course, the stupid cowbells wouldn't even be IN the stadium in Clemson, in accordance with NCAA rules. Or do rules not matter to you?

Re: Well...

Jun 10, 2007, 1:07 AM

A) There is no NCAA rule against cowbells.

B) You must have missed the MSU fans giving Clemson players food after the games. Buncha classless douches. I'm sure Farina hated that plate of barbeque.

A) Yes there is...

Jun 10, 2007, 1:13 AM

artificial noise makers (that would include cowbells) are not allowed at NCAA sponsored events. Not that it stops the people at Mississippi State.

B) I don't know about that, I'm just sharing what was in the newspaper. I guess you think it's OK to shake noise makers in the opposing team's faces.

Re: A) Yes there is...

Jun 10, 2007, 1:25 AM

Nor will it ever.

You need to quit inventing things to ##### about, especially when you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not inventing anything...

Jun 10, 2007, 1:34 AM

I DO know what I'm talking about. Just because you're not a Clemson fan (I'm guessing you're defending your school's "tradition") doesn't give you the right to come on a Clemson site and talk down to me. Why is acting like jerks so accepted today? Has society really sunk so far that showing your *** is considered acceptable? Now go back to your own board.

MSU has SOME bad fans and it was reported

Jun 10, 2007, 7:25 AM

in the paper. Guess... what... according to this thread they have some really classy fans too... those that fed the Clemson athletes.

I have some realy shocking news for you baseballfan... Clemson has some really crappy fans too that will sometimes make the majority, made of of classy idividuals, look bad. EVERY school has them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Incidentally, what DO cowbells and bulldogs have in common?

Jun 10, 2007, 8:05 AM

I never saw a bulldog wearing a cowbell, that I can recall????

'Nuff said!

It's because we're a "cow college", similar to a certain....

Jun 10, 2007, 8:29 AM

..."cow college" in South Carolina (and I'm proud to say I graduated from a "cow college", not some school for ####, uptight, alcoholic, chain-smoking, latent homosexual neo-Nazis). Get it? Cows? Cowbells?

I am sooooo glad CU fans never started the cowbell thing.

Jun 10, 2007, 8:33 AM

I get a headache just thinking about 80,000 cowbells! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must say Toogie....

Jun 10, 2007, 12:49 PM [ in reply to MSU has SOME bad fans and it was reported ]

you really aren;t all that bad for a COOT ...point for you...cause it is so true...."one bad apple".....yada yada

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Amen.

Jul 5, 2019, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: A) Yes there is... ]

At least his complaing keeps him away from the players.

Sports can teach us about life.

Jun 10, 2007, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Well... ]

I've witnessed some truly deplorable acts in regards to fans and how they treat athletes... and I've witnessed how Clemson fans treat athletes.

I trust Clemson's approach every time.

But, as in life, we all can't play in front of the Tiger faithful. And it's better to learn how to deal with the worst... than to bemoan the treatment.

I'm reminded of how Coach Ford reacted to 'ribbing' from JoePa at the Citrus Bowl. In public, he nodded his head and simply said, "Coach Paterno is a fine coach."

Your opponent can have lack of class... doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it,

I'm forever seeing complaints on here...

Jun 10, 2007, 1:16 AM

about how Clemson fans get treated at road games, yet I'm supposed to let how opposing fans treat the Clemson TEAM go by as if it doesn't matter? Then I don't EVER want to see another post about how bad another school's fans are. You can't have it both ways.

Well... as long as everyone else does it...***

Jun 10, 2007, 7:23 AM

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Lack of class must be acknowledged and pointed out

Jun 10, 2007, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Sports can teach us about life. ]

in order for adults in the crowd to correct it. You can bury your head in the sand and ignore it but others hope that this will be corrected in the future.

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Sure, but if you think ringing a bell is really

Jun 10, 2007, 8:34 AM

a lack of class, you've got too much time on your hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed over the years....

Jun 10, 2007, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Well... ]

...athletes and coaches generally treat each other with respect and dignity. If anything gets carried too far it is usually by the nonparticipants

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a Real Show of Class

Jun 10, 2007, 12:49 AM

I have to agree that the MSU fans were ridiculous with the booing everytime the ump called a ball or strike. It drove me crazy through both games.

I would have loved to have seen the outcome if the games had been in Clemson as they should have been. If I am still upset about anything it is that. Home field advantage is enough without almost 14,000 of your own fans because Clemson fans couldn't even get a room.

Simple. Win and there's no cowbells.***

Jun 10, 2007, 8:05 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Jun 10, 2007, 3:18 PM

Sour grapes!

so I expect you to pull for USC in thier first game in the

Jun 10, 2007, 10:25 AM

CWS

Re: so I expect you to pull for USC in thier first game in the

Jun 10, 2007, 3:54 PM

They're not there yet, are they? Isn't there one more game to play? It doesn't matter to me who's there, or who wins, since the Tigers won't be there. I'm ready for FOOTBALL!

Re: This is a Real Show of Class

Jun 10, 2007, 1:35 PM

Being that I was about 50 feet (and three rows still in the stands...been a State fan long enough to know that beer & BBQ-infused Bulldogs jumping a fence is akin to the first wave at Normandy...) from the Clemson players when that happened, the reporter must have forgotten to mention all the "Good game Clemson" yelling that was going along with it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic