Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
James Davis = Classy Guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

James Davis = Classy Guy

Mar 10, 2007, 9:59 PM

Before the baseball game today my family had the honor of meeting JD outside of the stadium as he was leaving practice or going to the weight room, not sure which. As my two daughters waited to get his autograph there was a lady and her daughter talking to him and getting his signature. After a few moments of talking he had her hold everything he was carrying and removed his sweatshirt and proceeded to sign it and give it to the girl. Wow, he took the shirt off of his back and gave it to a fan. After this he talked to my 8-year-old daughter and made her happy to be a Clemson Tiger fan with his uplifting attitude. He also signed for my 12yo and talked with her for a minute. He then spoke to me very positively and like a gentleman and even reached out to shake my hand. I was extremely impressed with my first meeting with Mr. Davis.

As an aside while I was standing off to the side waiting for my girls Willy Korn walked by and didn?t just give the standard head nod, he spoke and asked me how I was doing and even answered me when I responded and asked him the same. Makes me wonder what kind of reaction I would have gotten from another first semester QB somewhere else in the state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wouldn't happen to be talking about karkey would ya :)***

Mar 10, 2007, 10:02 PM

Re: James Davis = Classy Guy

Mar 10, 2007, 10:02 PM

You as a Clemson fan probably wouldn't have received much of a response - nor would you have wanted one.

Guaranteed if Will Korn met a USC fan outside of practice

Mar 10, 2007, 10:12 PM

He would treat you as if you were a member of his family.

He left the playground LONG ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guaranteed if Will Korn met an USC fan outside of practice

Mar 10, 2007, 10:18 PM

I am sure he would.

I am not sure I would want to hear the insults tossed at me from the Clemson fans nearby watching me try to talk to him though.

Tis life

Mar 10, 2007, 10:28 PM

Make lemonade.

Re: Tis life

Mar 10, 2007, 10:31 PM

No reason to.

I really would have no interest at all in talking to any Clemson player or having my kids talk to one (apparently unlike the poster that started the thread when he wondered about getting the same reaction from Garcia).

Good luck with that

Mar 10, 2007, 10:40 PM

Life must suck for you.

There is much more to life than USC vs. Clemson.

Re: Good luck with that

Mar 10, 2007, 10:43 PM

of course there is more to life than USC-Clemson.

That goes without saying.

So

Mar 10, 2007, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Tis life ]

You're ### is evidently over here to just stir up trouble.

Figures.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

kinda like you being on a Clemson board, huh?***

Mar 10, 2007, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Guaranteed if Will Korn met an USC fan outside of practice ]

I have met Will Korn as a USC fan outside in a gas station.

Mar 10, 2007, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Guaranteed if Will Korn met a USC fan outside of practice ]

He was decent. Said he wanted to play at Clemson because he wanted to win a national championship.

HaHa***

Mar 11, 2007, 9:16 AM

Mar 10, 2007, 10:16 PM

We were lucky enough to be parking today before the baseball game when Willy Korn and CJ Spiller were coming off the practice field. Both took the time to speak and take pictures with my son and his friend. Both are great assets to the university. Both were very kind and sincere. Makes me proud to be a Tiger!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both those guys are super classy.***

Mar 10, 2007, 10:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm hearing you . . .

Mar 10, 2007, 10:46 PM

tell me how much better of a person "you" are because "you" "pull" for Clemson than "I" am because "I" went to SC and because of what you are "sure" to know about the personalities of the players at SC; I'm hearing all that condescending attitude and it makes me look forward to the next 2 game baseball series in April and the Nov. football game even more; talk about self-righteous, that has to be "right up there" ;)

exactly

Mar 10, 2007, 10:47 PM

I love the "read between the line" stuff in some of those " I met so and so and he was terrific" posts.

Both of you need to buzz off to cootville.***

Mar 10, 2007, 10:54 PM

I think you're reading into it...

Mar 10, 2007, 10:51 PM [ in reply to I'm hearing you . . . ]

it's called a chip on the shoulder. He was talking about your QB. But hey, I like ya G & B.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you're reading into it...

Mar 10, 2007, 10:52 PM

I know and that made no sense to me.

Why would a Clemson fan expect Garcia to stop and talk to him? Why would he want him to ?

I have no great desire to meet Garcia either...

Mar 10, 2007, 10:56 PM

but I'd talk to him. I think the original poster is trying to compare character. It is probably a cheap-shot, but that's what we're so good at ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no great desire to meet Garcia either...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:01 PM

cheap shots are fine.

I guess I thought it was poor one since it didn't make sense in the context of his post.

Now if he said " I wonder if Garcia would be so gracious with a USC fan and the kids of a USC fan" it might be worth a debate. But even then, no way to tell.

I have met a few USC players on the team over the last year and they have always been very nice, respectful to me and one even took time to talk to my 6 year old and help him get on a ride at a fair the team put on for some young people. He couldn't have been more kind.

yeah, like this...

Mar 10, 2007, 10:54 PM [ in reply to I'm hearing you . . . ]

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=4143607#4143607

Where exactly were the "facts" that supported that argument?

Mar 10, 2007, 11:00 PM

All I read was one guy's opinion... and a very misguided one at that.

Re: Where exactly were the "facts" that supported that argument?

Mar 10, 2007, 11:02 PM

"facts" on an internet message board?

There would be no sports boards if facts were required in posts.

Here we go...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:06 PM

Of course this is a fan forum. I'm not asking for everything that is posted to be completely 100% rooted in fact. However, this is a Clemson Tiger fan forum and if a S. Carolina supporter is coming over here to spout the gospel according to Steve, and tell us that our football program is falling behind theirs at a lightning fast pace, then I would simply like to see some concrete facts to back it up. If I wanted the opinion of a S. Carolina fan, I would go to their board. Agreed?

They've always said it...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:11 PM

and never had any facts. To expect more is wishful thinking.

Re: Here we go...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Here we go... ]

from his response, apparently he saw some people asking for a response

"BUT, as many of you are asking US about our thoughts on our players and team, those are my thoughts."

but his post was clearly opinion. Facts are subjective on many issues on a sports board.

I saw this original post and NOBODY...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:18 PM

absolutely NOBODY had asked any SC fan their opinion on their players or their team.

Re: I saw this original post and NOBODY...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:20 PM

his post was the first on that topic.

he may have been responding to other topics, or a previous day or topics from the days preceding.

And...he could be delusional...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:24 PM

it runs in the species.

G & B doesn't shy away from a good "debate." Why would he post on something mentioned days before?

*sigh* And...I know I'll get a response.

Re: And...he could be delusional...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:37 PM

because maybe he didn't have a chance to respond as the debate was happening or he went back and read the previous day or two posts and then responded.

Maybe he got his claws stuck in the keyboard...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:45 PM

and couldn't type. I see..

Message was edited by: franc1968®

Whatever the case may be...

Mar 10, 2007, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Here we go... ]

It would be fantastic if we weren't constantly inundated on TigerNet with S. Carolina fans proclaiming their future glory for years to come. Obviously, its a rivalry and braggin' rights are well-deserved. However, this "we are going to beat you every year from now on" talk would be a lot more believable if it had some convincing supporting arguments to hang its hat on. Either way, I suppose I just need to accept it, because unlike FGF, TigerNet will not blacklist every user that is not a fan of Clemson.

oh snnnnnnnnnnnnap !***

Mar 10, 2007, 11:24 PM [ in reply to yeah, like this... ]

Re: I'm hearing you . . .

Mar 10, 2007, 11:08 PM [ in reply to I'm hearing you . . . ]

I didn?t say nor imply that I was better than you in any way, although Clemson is leagues above SCU in every way. You may be a great guy but since I don?t know you I can?t say one way or the other with any certainty. I also know from my experience today that the CU players I mentioned are first rate. All I know of your new star quarterback is that he seems to spend a lot of time in trouble with authority and has trouble accepting responsibility for his actions. If the condescension is too much for you then take it all the way back to Cootville. And take your 2650+ tigernet posts with you. I?m sure that you?ll find your own kind much more receptive to you.

Re: I'm hearing you . . .

Mar 10, 2007, 11:14 PM

that is probably why Garcia is the only player you mentioned.

Because we both could mention some players on both sides that have had some "issues."

good grief, you freaking troll....

Mar 10, 2007, 11:23 PM

the poster made a post about how he was impressed with one of OUR players. The post was made on OUR board. And then a troll like you comes along and tries to downplay it.

And people wonder why others on this board have stopped donating when coots are allowed to post their trash.

Re: good grief, you freaking troll....

Mar 10, 2007, 11:39 PM

I didn't downplay anything about what he said about the Clemson player.

I simply wondered why he would want Garcia to talk to him either way.

I simply wonder why you've posted here 1200 times.***

Mar 11, 2007, 10:45 AM

Why put that "wink" smiley at the end as a disclaimer?...

Mar 11, 2007, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I'm hearing you . . . ]

By reading your post, you're pissed. Don't back off by putting a dang cartoon face at the end. If it pisses you of, be pissed. Don't lash back then give the "but I'm cool with it" smiley.

Just answer this, please. Why are you here enough...

Mar 11, 2007, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I'm hearing you . . . ]

to post over 2600 times?

Mar 10, 2007, 11:16 PM

Omigod! Like no way! You got to talk to the QB! Do you think he might ask you to the prom?? What an honor to talk to these people. WOWWOW! And he didn't just nod at you but he answered you! That is faaaaaaaaaantastic!!!!

Puhhhhlease tell me you are joking about this. I can understand a 10 year old reacting this way but an adult? Come on. That is embarrasing!

*wonk wah*

Mar 10, 2007, 11:21 PM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: *wonk wah*

Mar 10, 2007, 11:23 PM

It will take more than Debbie Downer to get an adult like that to come to his senses!!

Mar 10, 2007, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: James Davis = Classy Guy ]

The point that you didn't get was that he could have walked by and said or did nothing just like other people did. This freshman was evidently raised with better character than a lot of people today, you included. You were probably one of the hundreds of self-absorbed individuals that walked by any one of hundreds of other people and didn't have the common decency to even acknowledge that they were in the same space as you. Don't be embarrassed for me be embarrassed for yourself.

wow pwn3d***

Mar 10, 2007, 11:38 PM

Mar 10, 2007, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: James Davis = Classy Guy ]

Feel free to make all kinds of assumptions about me but keep in mind we only know a little about each other from these posts. We know that you get star struck from meeting young football players and acting as if you just met George Washington or someone famous for doing something important. And we know that I am a person who laughs at that kind of behavior you exhibit. Come on man. You as an adult should not be acting like a teeny bopper who just met Britany Spears.

Ummmmm... ok

Mar 11, 2007, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: James Davis = Classy Guy ]

Sports figures aren't celebrities at all. Why should anyone be excited to meet anyone? We are all the same and put our pants on 1 leg at a time right?

...ok, I'm done with the sarcasm.

You sound a bit jealous that someone is excited to meet James Davis and not you. ;)

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic