Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black Tigers feelings on the Flag
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 233

Black Tigers feelings on the Flag

Jan 16, 2007, 11:47 AM

Growing up an African-American, South Carolina born, Clemson fan I find myself in the middle of this argument. I have marched against the flag at the State House and skipped class to attend multiple Tiger sporting events. But the past few post have left me sad and dissappointed.

Clemson has a tradition of peaceful integration and progressive thinking. The history or rationality behind flying the flag means nothing to me. Why would people support something that makes so many people feel so disenfranchised and disrespected in their home state? At one point in the swastika was a symbol of religion and spirituality for Greek people. But since Nazi Germany it is universally seen as a symbol of hate towards a specific group of people.

I am all for the Tigers having every playoff game being at Doug Kingsmore until we make that trip to Omaha. But we must begin to put things into perspective. Are we more concerned with an easy playoff road for our Tigers or the alienation of a entire group of Americans?

Clemson Grad '06

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 233
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic