Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Memories (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 699

Tiger Memories (long)

Nov 6, 2006, 4:25 PM

I had just turned my attention to my Tigers game that night.
My Sooners had just demolished Texas A&M 77-0. I watched in laughter as Stoops had his team kneel on the ball from the third quarter on. I was standing outside the ESSO club drinking away my week and trying to forget my problems. Earlier I found out that my dad had leukemia. CLL to be exact. There is no cure. I needed to get away for awhile so my wife and I drove up Clemson to spend some time with my sister and her husband. We decided to go to the game even though they were playing Florida State and we knew the outcome. I had not been to a Tiger game in almost 7 years and I missed it. I missed the cold nip in the air. I missed the colors of the campus, the pagentry of gameday. I missed the fans of the other team carying on about how bad they were going to beat us. I missed the hospitality of the Clemson fans when walking around and seeing that you don't have a hot dog or a beer in your hand. They fix it quickly. I missed going over to watch the band play, I get chills evey time I hear Tiger Rag.
As game time got closer and we made our way to the stadium, I could not help but have this erie feeleing about something. There was a strangeness in the air, a chill runs up my spine. I looked up at the moon and remembered that there was supposed to be an eclipse that night. I just felt it. With everything that I had been through that week, I knew we were going to win.
It was my father who got me hooked on college football. I remember crawling into his lap during the Switzer years of Oklahoma and watching him react as they play another barnburner against Texas. I remember his passion, his love for the game. Now matter how our realitionship was, I knew we could always talk about the Sooners. His job moved us to Greenville in 1980, and we started watching the Tigers. I was hooked as I watched them beat Nebraska in '81. As we climbed higher and higher up the stadium I remember thinking *amn these are high. We won't be able to see anything. Boy was I wrong. Tackle after tackle. Run after Run. Pass after pass. Second after second. Quarter after quarter. I watched our Tigers play as one, as a team. And it was a thing of beauty. We as fans loved it. We were one. One Clemson. Solid orange. As the eclipse moved on, so did the night. In the end we all ended up in the field as one. It was a great end to an otherwise emotionaly draining week. That night, that moment as the west end zone goalpost came down and was carried out to the streets, I knew everything was going to be ok. I love my Tigers, and I love my Clemson family. I love that every Saturday afternoon from September to December I can get together with 83,000 family members for a reunion. I know we can't win every week. I hope we win a lot more than we lose. I know it is our right to question everthing that goes on. I know I do. I am just glad that I have a place to go to get away from it all. Thanks Tigers. See you Saturday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting that.***

Nov 6, 2006, 4:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice! I like your style!

Nov 6, 2006, 4:31 PM

I feel the same way! wished all i had to worry about was how the tigers did each week! that would be a great life! Seems like a lot of tiger fans do! Congrats to them!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Day. *******

Nov 6, 2006, 4:34 PM

REALITY CHECK - Vote for most humbling post of the day!!

Nov 6, 2006, 4:52 PM

GREAT POST.......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF ......Read this everyone!***

Nov 6, 2006, 5:11 PM

Thanks guys...........don't think I will go HOF though.***

Nov 6, 2006, 5:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yes you will...wait and see!***

Nov 6, 2006, 6:36 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic