Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uh...5,000th post...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Uh...5,000th post...

Oct 30, 2006, 10:36 PM

Well, it took me a little over two years, but here I am, with way too many posts for my own good. Sometimes I wonder how I got to a point where I could have 5,000 posts on another team's message board without engaging in too many post-consuming flame wars. Something makes me keep coming back to a board where I read dozens of posts a day making fun of my university, its athletics, and its constituents such as myself. I have found myself donating to the site, becoming a voter in the TigerNet poll, and being given orange level membership after naming the Donor board. I think I know why. I can feel what Joseph Conrad calls "a distant kinship" in Heart of Darkness. Something inside me tells me that as a whole, we're similar where it counts. We all love our universities, will defend it to no end, and care about our fellow fan. I dream of a day when the two sides can come to this conclusion and post together in harmony...but I digress.

I would also like to personally apologize for some of the behavior we Gamecock fans displayed over this past weekend. I was embarrassed several times, especially when my fellow students littered the field with debris. I just stood there feeling helpless. In the end, all I can do is provide my own example and try to convince others that we're not all that bad. I know y'all probably weren't looking for an apology, but you got one.

OK, that's about enough, I think. Thanks to the many posters who have made me feel welcome...you are too many to name. One day I hope to meet some of you; it would be my utmost pleasure.

Lastly, and as always, Go Braves, and Go #####!

P.S. Here's a shameless plug for my All-time baseball player rankings series I'm doing every day in the Lounge. I'm counting down the top 50 hitters and pitchers. If you love baseball, check it out. It started today.

2008_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't imagine Clemson football without this rivalry.***

Oct 30, 2006, 10:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot!!!

Oct 30, 2006, 10:49 PM

:)

Glad you're around, bravo. Lots of good UCS fans out there, and you represent your university well. And we'll just continue to keep the rest of 'em in line. Heh.

5000 posts? Don't you have a wife to tend to or something? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post Bravo***

Oct 30, 2006, 11:02 PM

Well Done. You represent your university well.***

Oct 30, 2006, 11:07 PM

record in games i have attended as a student (home and away)----> 9-3

You are a closet Tiger Fan, just admitt it***

Oct 30, 2006, 11:16 PM

Re: You are a closet Tiger Fan, just admitt it***

Oct 30, 2006, 11:28 PM

I don't care how nice you are. You still pull for the #####. No thanks.....don't want any part of that. GO TIGERS!

You seem alright to me except,

Oct 30, 2006, 11:33 PM

GO TIGERS and GO (red)SOX!

A point, solely for referencing Heart of Darkness

Oct 30, 2006, 11:50 PM

One of my favorite books.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive